Thread: First firing
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 08:26 PM   #18
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by laranger View Post
Mart, if it is any concolation to you, they get easier to do now that you have that first one behind you, good luck, now go have a beer.
Your right Laranger firings do get easier, had quite day today, one of the labourers has never got on with one of the machinists. Occasionally hurling abuse at each for about a month now. I've tried to get to the bottom of their dislike for each other but with no success and i had warned them both if it goes any further there will be firings. Today i'm outside the mill tallying a set of timber, when i hear a lot of swearing and turn around to find it had come to a head with these two lads and i see the machinist on the ground being punched by the labourer, with no one even attempting to pull off the labourer. So i dash in and grab the labourer around the neck then pulling him and throwing him over the crosscutter bed, which i now was stupid he could had been badly hurt if he had landed badly, but luckly he just sustained a cut to his elbow, guess i was too heavy handed. My temper nearly got the better of me, unfortunately i have a very short fuse and find stopping fights hard to deal with. Anyway i checked the machinist who luckly just had a bloody nose and feeling a little dazed and i got him to go and get checked by the first aider. Then i confronted the labourer and ask him what happened, of cause i got no answer, so i told to him to leave as he doesn't work here anymore and i now have to write a report for head office, which i'll have to hand in on monday. I feel i did my best at trying to get these two lads apart. I do tend to think it was my fault somehow at not keeping a better eye on them. No doubt you guys won't agree with that. Still feel annoyed at todays mess-up.