View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #37
Jeffrey99
Dreaming of Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyYou View Post
Reading about cars and driving cars are two completely different things. You are reading someone else's opinion about how a car operates without having any knowledge or experience in the field. Hands on experience could possibly change your mind about some cars. If nothing else it would give you some knowledge base from which to make your opinions have more meaning. You talk like you absolutely know exactly what you're talking about but you have nothing to back up your words.
Yeah but you could say that about anything: What it feels like to be on the moon, How good this celebrity is in bed, What's it's like at the Playboy mansion, What it's like to play NFL football, etc. Does reviews to anything have any bearing on whether you pay for that movie/site/etc?

Not everyone has millions of dollars to experience all those things. Some of us barley have money each month to pay our bills, not go test drive (or even be allowed to) some multi million dollar car. Some of us have to educate ourselves by reading respectable magazine and taking their word for it.

So are those of use that don't have the means to experience things first hand not allowed to have a opinion or comment on things?

As for which is actually right on the car? Don't know and frankly don't care. I'm not a car guy, to me it's nothing more then to get from point A to point B. Speed limits 55, so it doesn't matter if it'll do 200. Now show me a million dollar home with some fancy **** in it and I'll be impressed.