FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2008, 02:45 AM   #1
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Default Tech Talk

I'm not sure if anyone has addressed this before elsewhere in the forum (I looked, didn't see it, but there's a lot left for me to go through). Does anyone have a preference of DVD editing software with which to splice the FTVGirls/Danielle/Lia/Alison videos together with? A few years back, I bought copies of Alison's first DVD, as well as Kim meets Nikki and wanted to create something similar that I can watch on my TV. My ol' peepers ain't as good as they once were, and my TV is set further away so there's less eye strain than sitting here at the 'puter. Here are the programs I have to work with: Nero, Steeper 12 & Windows Movie Maker. Does anyone have a preference or suggestions on how to edit, &c.? Just as I'm fresh to the world of the big, bad forum, I'm just as new to creating DVDs or using a DVD-R/W (I have used CD-R/W though, so I'm not a complete novice, I hope, but we'll see).
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

I have Windows XP and i use the Windows movie maker. I create tribute videos of Alison and Lia. To burn them on dvd i have a Freecom external burner. I find the the Windows movie maker easy to use.I just import a video into the maker which imports it into 2 or 3 minute clips then drag them on to the timeline or storyboard which ever you have set. Extend or shorten the clip to suit the next scene and add music the same way. Then save to documents or to my computer. One tribute video created. All burner programmes are simular. I have Nero startsmart for cd's or dvd's. I call up Nero then i click video or cd then add the videos or tracks and set burn to Freecom external. I not sure if this is of any help Geolarson2. I'm not very good at explaining things lol. But if it's not i'll try again lol.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:38 PM   #3
geolarson2

Yeah it does help some. I'm using XP, too, so I'll give Movie Maker a try, then try using Nero to burn. Thanks & cheers--
Old 09-21-2008, 09:18 PM   #4
EricRC
Danielle Fan

I personally find that Nero Vision works best for me. Vision will make all of the major formats like DVD, DVD-HD, VCD, SVCD etc. To me it seems like it's also a lot faster rendering videos then Roxio or Windows movie maker.
EricRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:59 PM   #5
mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricRC View Post
I personally find that Nero Vision works best for me. Vision will make all of the major formats like DVD, DVD-HD, VCD, SVCD etc. To me it seems like it's also a lot faster rendering videos then Roxio or Windows movie maker.

Welcome to the forum EricRC!. I couldn't agree more Nero is a good burner programme and i've never had any trouble with it. I hate Roxio. I tried it and it just screwed up my computer lol. As for the Windows movie maker. For me the best programme for creating movies and i use it a lot.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:40 PM   #6
geolarson2

Thanks again, guys, for the recommendations! Its much appreciated. Now all I need to do is actually take the time to sit down and play with Movie Maker to learn how it works . Cheers & welcome to the newbies!
Old 11-28-2008, 06:14 PM   #7
WhyYou
Lead Moderator (deceased)

Default Tech Talk

This is from the Replies To Danielle's Journal thread. We got a bit off topic so I decided to merge these threads together.
================================================== ========================
geolarson2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyYou View Post
svdhost.exe - Dangerous
svdhost.exe
Svdhost.exe is W97M.Mupps.
W97M.Mupps is Trojan horse that opens a back door to a remote location on the compromised computer.

Looks like you need to install a good virus scanner on your laptop. I recommend AVG Anti-Virus Free. It's found at Grisoft.com and it's free of charge. They also have a more featured version that you can buy.
I use AVG myself and it works quite well. I also have Avast installed now as a back up. I also have 2 firewalls (Windows plus Zone Alarm), and a couple spyware removers (Spybot & Ad-Aware). I also have a couple utilities programs here (CCleaner, Iobit Advanced System Care & Glary Utilities, the last of which I use daily at start up). I'm paranoid about bugs, especially since not long after I got my first PC back in 96 I got hit by a virus. On the plus side, I had Norton already installed and it took care of the monster fast, but the memory of that skull & crossbones coming up to let me know still haunts me so maybe I'm a little too paranoid (although Dr. Johnny Fever did say that when everyone's out to get you, paranoia's just good thinking, and if you can't trust the opinion of a fictional character from a late 70s/early 80s TV show who was really a disc jockey and not really a doctor, who can you trust?). Anyway, do what WhyYou says, download AVG, run it and it should take care of that Trojan. You can also find AVG at Download.com, as well as other free utilities, spyware removers, &c. Until recently I also had Avira installed which, like AVG & Avast, works just as well it seem as the costlier Norton & McAfee, both of which I've used in the past.

WhyYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by geolarson2 View Post
I use AVG myself and it works quite well. I also have Avast installed now as a back up. I also have 2 firewalls (Windows plus Zone Alarm), and a couple spyware removers (Spybot & Ad-Aware). I also have a couple utilities programs here (CCleaner, Iobit Advanced System Care & Glary Utilities, the last of which I use daily at start up). I'm paranoid about bugs, especially since not long after I got my first PC back in 96 I got hit by a virus. On the plus side, I had Norton already installed and it took care of the monster fast, but the memory of that skull & crossbones coming up to let me know still haunts me so maybe I'm a little too paranoid (although Dr. Johnny Fever did say that when everyone's out to get you, paranoia's just good thinking, and if you can't trust the opinion of a fictional character from a late 70s/early 80s TV show who was really a disc jockey and not really a doctor, who can you trust?). Anyway, do what WhyYou says, download AVG, run it and it should take care of that Trojan. You can also find AVG at Download.com, as well as other free utilities, spyware removers, &c. Until recently I also had Avira installed which, like AVG & Avast, works just as well it seem as the costlier Norton & McAfee, both of which I've used in the past.
I use Comodo firewall. It runs well out of the "box" but is easily configured for tighter security. It includes an excellent defense net that watches all files for changes, notifies when protected files change in any way, has the ability to change modes during program installation to facilitate the installation (as long as you authorize the change of mode), sets up files (that are new) for you to review (you can send them in to Comodo if they're unknown) and/or approve, and you can identify files/folders that you want it to watch carefully. I don't think two firewalls on a home PC is necessary and could cause problems. Also, it's not good to have more than one virus scanner running at the same time. They have a tendency to conflict with each other and could cause some system problems. More than one spyware scanner is recommended. Each checks for different thnigs in different ways and the good ones are compatible with each other. My AVG is both an Anti-Virus and an Anti-Spyware (it has a "live" scanner that keeps memory and running processes clean plus checks incoming and outgoing emails and checks web pages). I also use Ad-Aware, SpyBot S&D (has a "live" scanner and watches running processes as well as other internal areas), and SpywareBlaster for spyware control. Other utilities are Sweepi (for junk file control), RegSeeker (for cleaning out the registry files, not to be done by the general population), and AusLogics Registry Defrag (for defragging the registry files). I use Windows Disk Defrag regularly (before it's necessary) to keep from having the possibility of crashing. I've been using this computer since 2002 and the only time it crashed was when the power was cut off last winter when we had the big ice storm. That crash wasn't the computer's fault.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:24 AM   #8
geolarson2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyYou View Post
I use Comodo firewall. It runs well out of the "box" but is easily configured for tighter security. It includes an excellent defense net that watches all files for changes, notifies when protected files change in any way, has the ability to change modes during program installation to facilitate the installation (as long as you authorize the change of mode), sets up files (that are new) for you to review (you can send them in to Comodo if they're unknown) and/or approve, and you can identify files/folders that you want it to watch carefully. I don't think two firewalls on a home PC is necessary and could cause problems. Also, it's not good to have more than one virus scanner running at the same time. They have a tendency to conflict with each other and could cause some system problems. More than one spyware scanner is recommended. Each checks for different thnigs in different ways and the good ones are compatible with each other. My AVG is both an Anti-Virus and an Anti-Spyware (it has a "live" scanner that keeps memory and running processes clean plus checks incoming and outgoing emails and checks web pages). I also use Ad-Aware, SpyBot S&D (has a "live" scanner and watches running processes as well as other internal areas), and SpywareBlaster for spyware control. Other utilities are Sweepi (for junk file control), RegSeeker (for cleaning out the registry files, not to be done by the general population), and AusLogics Registry Defrag (for defragging the registry files). I use Windows Disk Defrag regularly (before it's necessary) to keep from having the possibility of crashing. I've been using this computer since 2002 and the only time it crashed was when the power was cut off last winter when we had the big ice storm. That crash wasn't the computer's fault.
Good point Why you, re: the anti-virus scanners. I actually have AVG up, but usually just keep a second in my back pocket, right now Avast, to run if my PC starts acting funny (the rest of the time its disabled). A few years back I wound up with a virus on my PC (maybe it was a trojan or a worm--I forget), and when nothing turned up with the anti-virus I had installed, I ran a second anti-virus program which did find the culprit. Since then I've had one that is running and one that is in reserve. And good point about the firewalls--I shut down one and left the other up (and use a router, too), and my PC is working better than it was just a week ago--smoother, faster, and all for less than $6 million (take that Steve Austin!). After getting burned twice in the past, I'm maybe a little overcautious where PC and security are concerned ()).
Old 12-12-2008, 12:44 AM   #9
grande351

Default Having serious computer problems!

In the last few days my computer has really started acting up. It slows down for no reason, it locks up at startup, and the strangest thing is when I do searches on Google or MSN or Yahoo, I click the links and it takes me to ads!!! The search pages look strange too. I tried to update my ad-aware, but it comes up as having no connection to the internet even though my connection is fine.

I ran a hijack this scan and saved the log file. It's too long to post here but if someone thinks they can help. I'll PM or e-mail it to them.

Any help would really be appreciated!!
grande351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:30 AM   #10
CK1
Danielle's Biggest Fan

In my real life, i am a computer tech. have been for over a decade. Let me start by saying that since i cannot look at your computer, run tests, etc. i am making assumptions and giving you some general advice. a good tech is like a good mechanic. once you find one, keep him/her.

it seems that you have a virus or spy ware that has infected your computer. some of the worse programs out there are these "free" anti virus programs. there are some (anti virus 2009, Winantivirus 2009 anti virus xp, 360 anti virus) that are fake programs, will tell you that your computer is infected and that it needs to clean it... but since you only have the trial version, it can't do anything about it. once you buy the full version, then it will be able to fix your problems. however, this programs CAUSE the problem. then there are legitimate free programs that do not do active scanning. meaning, they only scan when you tell them to scan. so you can get a virus, get infected and they won't do a Darn thing about it.

NOTE: Anti virus is like a vaccine. great to lower your chances of getting infected (even when you get a flu vaccine, you can still get the flu) but useless after the fact.

the best thing to do and the only way to be 100% sure that there is no virus on your computer and it works 100% is to back up all your personal data and restore your computer. depending on the type of computer either it will take disks that came with the computer or a built in feature. but it will ERASE EVERYTHING AND LEAVE IT THE WAY IT WAS WHEN YOU FIRST TOOK IT OUT OF THE BOX. all your pictures, videos, music, files, etc will be gone. you will also have to re-install all the programs you installed after you setup your computer. so make sure you have all the disks you need for that. so back up first. so you would want to do things in the following order.

1- Back up all important data.
2- VERIFY YOUR BACK UP (also this will give you a chance to see if you forgot anything)
3- run restore/recovery partition or disks (this can vary depending on brand of computer)
4- after system has been restored, install all critical updates.
5- update your anti-virus/security software.
6- install your programs.
7- run updates for programs or download upgrades.
8- Scan your back up for viruses.
9- copy data back to your computer and you are back in business.

Now i know that seem like a lot of steps but from years of doing this, that is the only way to make sure that it gets done right and that you give yourself enough room to catch mistakes or prevent from re-infecting your computer. you can send me a private message if you have any questions.

CK
PS. i was thinking of starting a My Space site just for tech advice... any thoughts?
CK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:16 AM   #11
WhyYou
Lead Moderator (deceased)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
In my real life, i am a computer tech. have been for over a decade. Let me start by saying that since i cannot look at your computer, run tests, etc. i am making assumptions and giving you some general advice. a good tech is like a good mechanic. once you find one, keep him/her.

it seems that you have a virus or spy ware that has infected your computer. some of the worse programs out there are these "free" anti virus programs. there are some (anti virus 2009, Winantivirus 2009 anti virus xp, 360 anti virus) that are fake programs, will tell you that your computer is infected and that it needs to clean it... but since you only have the trial version, it can't do anything about it. once you buy the full version, then it will be able to fix your problems. however, this programs CAUSE the problem. then there are legitimate free programs that do not do active scanning. meaning, they only scan when you tell them to scan. so you can get a virus, get infected and they won't do a Darn thing about it.

NOTE: Anti virus is like a vaccine. great to lower your chances of getting infected (even when you get a flu vaccine, you can still get the flu) but useless after the fact.

the best thing to do and the only way to be 100% sure that there is no virus on your computer and it works 100% is to back up all your personal data and restore your computer. depending on the type of computer either it will take disks that came with the computer or a built in feature. but it will ERASE EVERYTHING AND LEAVE IT THE WAY IT WAS WHEN YOU FIRST TOOK IT OUT OF THE BOX. all your pictures, videos, music, files, etc will be gone. you will also have to re-install all the programs you installed after you setup your computer. so make sure you have all the disks you need for that. so back up first. so you would want to do things in the following order.

1- Back up all important data.
2- VERIFY YOUR BACK UP (also this will give you a chance to see if you forgot anything)
3- run restore/recovery partition or disks (this can vary depending on brand of computer)
4- after system has been restored, install all critical updates.
5- update your anti-virus/security software.
6- install your programs.
7- run updates for programs or download upgrades.
8- Scan your back up for viruses.
9- copy data back to your computer and you are back in business.

Now i know that seem like a lot of steps but from years of doing this, that is the only way to make sure that it gets done right and that you give yourself enough room to catch mistakes or prevent from re-infecting your computer. you can send me a private message if you have any questions.

CK
PS. i was thinking of starting a My Space site just for tech advice... any thoughts?
I have been running this computer since 2002 and I have only had to restore it once (during the first year that I had it). I use many free programs that do an excellent job keeping my computer safe and both my anti-virus and spyware programs have LIVE scanners that check web pages, email, and my processes. My firewall also has a defense net that watches protected files, command files, registry files, etc. for modifications. I have caught innumerable spywares and viruses before they had a chance to attack my computer. I don't see the value of restoring a computer just because there MAY be a problem. I would do it only if I continued to have problems after running all my scanners.

BTW...I am currently attending college and majoring in Computer Science with concentration in Web Design & Web Administration.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #12
CK1
Danielle's Biggest Fan

like i said, without seeing the machine, it was an educated guess. having more information there are other ideas i can give you.

From experience my original answer is the most common solution. and actually, would fix any software issue (since everything is getting reset back to factory specs).

if you want to verify if you could have a virus without going through all the steps i mentioned and not loose your information (providing that there isn't something else wrong with the computer like a bad drive) you could plug the drive to a working computer with an up to date anti-virus and let it scan it. it can find and remove any virus, however, not undo any damage or changes it made.

the machine getting slow could be caused by heat. if your fans are not working correctlly or are dirty the machine could run hot and it could affect performance. but the drive could also be part of the problem or bad memory. if software is not an issue and your computer did not come with some diagnostics software (some brands like dell actually have a dedicated hidden partition with diagnostics that will check your hardware and does a good job of finding problem.) you might want to take it to a repair place where they can run tests on everything. most at home diagnostic software will do an okay job of detecting problems but aren't always the best.
CK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:45 PM   #13
Anoree

Default Geezer's stuck video download

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
I signed up for the 90 day option today, got my user name and password, and tried to download some media. So far, I've tried to download two videos, several times, and a photo set. In every case, one of two things happen: (1) the very second I start to download a video, it shows it's done but.... nothing transferred. (2) It appears that a video or photo set downloads but, at end, shows "99% done/transferred" and won't finish. I've tried on both AOL and on IE with no success. In fact, IE sends "error messages" back to Microsoft.

I tried to watch a streaming video but, after five minutes, only 3% had buffered. It is obvious my DSL is too slow and my computer too old to handle Hi Def media. At least on FTV, we are given both Hi Def and lower def options. For me, personally, being a member of D's site is a waste of my retirement savings.

I'm fed up and want my $49.95 refunded!!!!!
For me that sounds to be a (likely) local problem.

Those HD video files are quite huge, up to nearly half a GB, with an average of about 300 MB. Downloading those files means they're stored in the IE's (or AOL's I think) Cache and then copied to the destination directory - which means, TWICE the space is needed for a successful download.

Do you have enough free space on your system drive (where the Temporary Internet Files folder sits) and your destination drive (if that differs)?

I recently had to free up some memory on my laptop's system drive because I had run out of space, resulting in aborted downloads like you described. (Apart from Vista telling me my harddisk was full.)

Other possible causes would be filtering at the Internet Provider (AOL does some filtering, I heard) or problems while analysing the downloaded data by your systems antivirus / antispyware software.

I'd suggest checking the hard drive for errors, clearing the temporary files, running Defrag, and then trying again. (If you haven't done that already, that is. )

And for the download speed, I saw big differences in that downloading at different times.
Sometimes the download rate was somewhere at 200 to 300 KBit/s only. At other times the download rate was at about 3.000 KBit/s.
I guess we're clogging up the server's line at times.
Anoree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:56 PM   #14
nndr
Just Visiting

Default Aspect Ratio

I've been looking for this answer in the forums and I've only been able to pick up hints, but I want to hear a clear answer.

What is the aspect ratio of the HD videos supposed to be?

I believe the download comes in 720x480 resolution. However, the real question is, are they really actually an anamorphic picture meaning we would have to manually set the aspect ratio in our players to 16:9?

I don't know if the way I worded this came out clear. But I've been using final cut for a while now and realize that it outputs 16:9 footage to a 1.5/720x480 resolution.
nndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:11 PM   #15
Anoree

This question could have been asked in the Tech Talk thread, but I'll answer it here.

True HD Video begins with a resolution of 1280x720 pixels and is in the 16:9 aspect ratio. "Full HD" has a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels, the maximum resolution covered by HDTV.
Even higher resolutions are used for digital cinema projectors, for example.

Anamorphic compression to 720x480 pixels is used to downgrade the content
to NTSC displays, or by websites to reduce file sizes. This resolution is considered SD (Standard Definition).

For a detailed description I reccomend this wikipedia article.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:26 PM   #16
nndr
Just Visiting

Default 1440x1080

I apologize for that post being out of place.

But my question wasn't in regard to what it is in general. It's just that the FTV videos don't seem to be any standard ratio. In the intro screen it mentions 1440x1080 (1.33), however when I downsize that to 16:9 I wonder if it actually should be watched under that setting. Squares look like squares and circles look like circles. So I just wanted some clarification as to the specifics of these videos.

-

just found this thread

non square pixels

I think that answers it. I should be watching it in 16:9 then rather than the default display it shows in vlc.
nndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:45 PM   #17
Anoree

Quote:
Originally Posted by nndr View Post
I apologize for that post being out of place.
I don't think that's too much of a problem. One of the Administrators moved the posts already. (I supose it was Rob this time.)

Quote:
But my question wasn't in regard to what it is in general. It's just that the FTV videos don't seem to be any standard ratio. In the intro screen it mentions 1440x1080 (1.33), however when I downsize that to 16:9 I wonder if it actually should be watched under that setting. Squares look like squares and circles look like circles. So I just wanted some clarification as to the specifics of these videos.
Now I get it. You were talking about FTV's 8000Kb/sec download (1440x1080, anamorphic, but valid HD resolution) v. 3000Kb/sec download (720x480, SD, 4:3 NTSC resolution).

As the source was in 16:9 the downgraded 3000Kb/sec video should also be watched (or processed) in 16:9. The Windows Media Player does that automatically.

Quote:
just found this thread

non square pixels

I think that answers it. I should be watching it in 16:9 then rather than the default display it shows in vlc.
You got it. Why vlc plays it as 4:3 and the Windows Media Player plays it in 16:9 I don't know. I guess MS provides an attribute within the wmv file header about the intended aspect ratio, and vlc doesn't get it.

Rob wanted to omit the DivX download option (352x256, variable bitrate), but too many customers still wanted to use it.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:42 PM   #18
mart

I guess this is a tech question, i have two computers and my main one keeps freezing and i'm wondering why. it's a good Del computer and pretty fast, but just lately it's been freezing at least once every other day. I haven't a clue what causes a computer to freeze or to prevent it. I have tried Googling but i get answers from reinstalling windows to buying a new computer. I'm sure i'll get more sensible answers here. I really would appreciate any help or advice on computer freezing. I know there are a lot smart guys on this forum. Hopefully who could help me out.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:38 AM   #19
Linda_Ei
Just Visiting

Send a message via ICQ to Linda_Ei
Default Help needed with kernal32 dll error

Hello!
Every time I run Outlook Express I get this error
and the program stops responding
Can you Please advice me how to avoid it.
Linda_Ei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #20
Anoree

Arrow not the right forum

Hi Linda,

this is not a technical forum, even though we answer technical questions concerning DanielleFTV.com, FTVGirls.com and associated websites.

Your error can have about 1001 reasons, from damaged mail storage over damaged Windows and virus influence to Harddisk or Memory failure.
I would recommend asking your question again in a technics forum. I'm sure you'll find some help there.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #21
CipExota
Just Visiting

Default Error fix

Hello Linda

Try using this Regtool
It will scan you system for corrupted dlls and registry entries.
CipExota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:58 AM   #22
Avery
Danielle Junkie

Default 1440x1080 considered true 1080p??

Isn't it 1920x1080p?? I wonder if another encoding method should be used, such as MP4. Seems to be a more efficient codec than wmv. No loss in quality, and 3/4 the file size. Makes for lower bandwidth bills....lol

Great updates, looking forward to the Anne shoot.

Regards
Avery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #23
Just Me
Banned

Yes, 1920x1080p is TRUE full HD to date. 1080p is Progressive Scan which means actual full lines of resolution and actual size.

1440x1080i is not true HD.
1080i is equal to 720p interlace at 1080i and spread out at the size of 1080 to view larger, but not as clean or sharp as true captured 1920x1080p.

There no such thing as 1440x1080p - it is 1080i interlaced.
Interlaced means each line is doubled by the processor and interlaced within one another to achieve 1080 picture size.

Size and actual quality are two different things altogether.

1920x1080P is full the full TRUE High Definition to date.
Just Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:31 AM   #24
Jeffrey99
Dreaming of Danielle

Technically both 1920x1080 and 1280x720 is HD. But I will agree with Just Me, 1440x1080 isn't a default HD resolution.

Just for reference, 1080i is what CBS, NBC, PBS & DiscoveryHD Theater broadcast in. 720p includes ABC, Fox & ESPNHD.

However I'm guessing 99.9% of people couldn't tell a difference between 720p, 1080i or 1080p. So honestly, as long as it's 720p or above, I don't really think it matters.
Jeffrey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:30 AM   #25
nartkd0924
Board Newbie

OK Full HD is not only screen resolution but also frame rates as well. as there are 1080p24 1080p30 1080p50 1080p60 and 1080p100 each country has diff ratings. Which displays the frame rates of how mach each pic is refresh per second. So a 1080p24 would mean that a screen resolution of 1920x1080 is refresh 24 times per second. In movies or TV there not much diffs in quality the main focus in 1080p50 and higher is when it comes to PC games is that 50 FPS will bring less lag in playing PC games
nartkd0924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:09 PM   #26
Just Me
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nartkd0924 View Post
OK Full HD is not only screen resolution but also frame rates as well. as there are 1080p24 1080p30 1080p50 1080p60 and 1080p100 each country has diff ratings. Which displays the frame rates of how mach each pic is refresh per second. So a 1080p24 would mean that a screen resolution of 1920x1080 is refresh 24 times per second. In movies or TV there not much diffs in quality the main focus in 1080p50 and higher is when it comes to PC games is that 50 FPS will bring less lag in playing PC games
Frame rate has NOTHING to do with HD at all. A film (not digital) camera captures at many frames rates, and is NOT HD. Cinema frame rates are usually 24 frames per second and is NOT HD.
So frame rate has absolutely nothing to do with a video capture being High Definition.

HD is where how much pixel density and latitude an image sensor can capture.
720p is at one time an HD standard back in 2003. Now in present 1080p is full HD, 1080i is NOT HD in today's standards.

Again.... P stand for progressive which is true lines of resolution.
i - stand for interlace, which means taking a resolution size and interlacing it to a larger scale, same as up scaling in theory.
For example.... Consumer DVD players can up scale a DVD from 480, 720 up to 1080 for the new standard wide screen TV's. It looks like crap and a full HD TV when upscale signal.

If you have a full HD TV such as my Samsung 55" 1080P 240hrtz LED, you can in fact see the difference between all the resolutions clearly, otherwise there would be NO need for SONY to invent Blu Ray to deliver full 1080P which broadcasting Station can not at this time. Blu Ray is 20mbps to 45mbps
whichs way to high for the equipment they currently have to broadcast HD bandwidth signals.

There is a major difference between all the mentioned resolutions, you just need a TV that can display full 1080P to be able to see the difference.

Refresh rate has nothing to do with frame rate.... Frame rate is how many pictures are going through the glass per second. For example: Shooting movies on film: Frame is is how many frames on a film strip are moving over the projected or capture light per second.
The higher your frame rate is, the high the quality will be. Higher frame rates are able to capture more information and detail.

Refresh is what a graphics card or PC monitors do. hence 120hrtz refresh rate
A countries ratings are on rated power supply. UK is 50hrtz USA is 60hrtz
So to make that all work properly the frame will be different due to power requirements.
60Hrtz 60p, 30p, 24p 60i, ect ect

I can not shoot 50i and display i properly in the United States, as I am under a faster electricity system which is 60hrtz. 50i is PAL rated for UK at 50hrtz

Again, screen size has nothing to do with what HD actually is.
High Definition is how much information is with in that certain screen size.
I have two full HD video cameras, one SONY EX1 3 chip Professional Video Camera and One Canon 5D MkII DSLR which has one chip that captures full HD as well, both cams are 1920x1080P
However, the Sony EX1 has three bigger chips than the Canon 5D MkII so it can capture higher quality video. The Sony EX1 captures more colors, shades, and way more information with three full size chips than the 5D MkII. Sony captures at 35mbps, Canon 5D MkII captures at 15 to 18mbps
due NOT being able to see more information with a single chip.
rather than just having one.

Rob delivers 8000k per second on FTV which is no where near what our cameras actually capture before compressed for the web.

Last edited by Just Me; 12-18-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Just Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:35 AM   #27
botdvd
Danielle Junkie

Default Software that allows you to download videos from break.com

Free youtube downloader is easy and great, but there are some Lia movies on www.break.com Do someone know where or what that can be used for this website? Please any help.

Thanks.
botdvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:28 PM   #28
T-bone Thomas
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by botdvd View Post
Free youtube downloader is easy and great, but there are some Lia movies on www.break.com Do someone know where or what that can be used for this website? Please any help.

Thanks.
I don't know what software to use for such downloads but a friend of mine downloaded one of Lia's videos at Break for me some time ago. You can download the flv-file from my mediafire account if you want:
Video "Man I hate winter":
http://www.mediafire.com/?dofuyygmynv

The video quality is pretty low though.
The other video “Splinter Removal” I have to ask my friend again for help.
T-bone Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #29
botdvd
Danielle Junkie

Thanks.

But i will still be looking for a softwear that allows me to download the files in the same quality as the site.
botdvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #30
radscan
Dreaming of Danielle

Default Try RealPlayer SP

Try Real Player SP. I use it to download flv files and whatever video content from sites like Break and You Tube etc

Has a nice feature 'Download This Video' button will appear automatically when you play a web video. Click on the button and the video starts downloading to your hard drive.

Download it here:
http://uk.real.com/realplayer/

radscan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #31
mart

Well i use "Savevid.com", when i want to download a video from Youtube and it gives you three formats to download, FLV, MP4, Window Media. Some are better qualities than others. I would like to know why this thread is in Lia's lounge though.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #32
JerkOff
Just Visiting

Default Video playing - troubleshooting

Help please.

Any idea why a brand new Acer Aspire 5517 Notebook running Windows 7(64bit,) AMD Athelon @ 1.60 GHz, 3 GB Ram would have difficulty playing the HD FTV vids?

I've tried Gom and VLC, and have all the codecs, etc. VLC just crashes, and GOM plays in slow, choppy motion, freezing frequently, with the audio a few seconds behind. I did notice that the CPU usage is pegged at 100%. When I play the lower def .WMV, CPU is at about 70%.

This is quite annoying. My 5 yr old machine has no problem playing the high-def vids. Is this new machine a piece of crap and I'm just not aware?

Thanks for any help.
JerkOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:17 AM   #33
Curt
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerkOff View Post
Help please.

Any idea why a brand new Acer Aspire 5517 Notebook running Windows 7(64bit,) AMD Athelon @ 1.60 GHz, 3 GB Ram would have difficulty playing the HD FTV vids?

I've tried Gom and VLC, and have all the codecs, etc. VLC just crashes, and GOM plays in slow, choppy motion, freezing frequently, with the audio a few seconds behind. I did notice that the CPU usage is pegged at 100%. When I play the lower def .WMV, CPU is at about 70%.

This is quite annoying. My 5 yr old machine has no problem playing the high-def vids. Is this new machine a piece of crap and I'm just not aware?

Thanks for any help.
From the specs I've found, I'd say your notebook doesn't have the horsepower to play the HD videos. The video FAQ states that these videos require a powerful processor. Also, have you tried using Windows Media Player, which is recommended in the FAQ?

Microsoft says a 1 GHz processor and 2 GB of RAM are required to run 64-bit Windows 7, but they've always been notoriously optimistic with their hardware requirements.

The specs I found at Acer's web site state that your machine has an Athlon TF-20 processor; according to this web site, this is a low-end CPU. Another issue is that the maximum resolution for the display is 1366x768; the HD videos are 1440x1080, so your display can't render them in their native format.

Is the machine a piece of crap? Only you can determine that. It depends on a number of factors, including your budget, the price you paid, and what your intended use is.

Last edited by Curt; 05-21-2010 at 12:24 AM.
Curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:29 PM   #34
MarkF-UK
Danielle Junkie

Send a message via Skype™ to MarkF-UK
Default yep, likely to be the video card.

You don't say what video card is installed but on a Notebook it is likely to be a card integrated onto the motherboard with shared RAM. In fact looking up your model, if it is the one with the ATI Radeon™ Xpress 1200 graphics card, then that is an onboard card, and that's not likely to play high performance HD video very well.

Sorry. These notebooks are more designed for those 'on the go' to do work or to fill in time, but not for heavy work.

Mark
MarkF-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:57 PM   #35
zoomlens
Danielle Fan

Default trouble playing older vids

I'm experiencing a problem playing older vids. On the newer ones, the videos seem to start right away. But, if I go back to some of the older stuff, 2004 for instance, the video never starts. Help?
zoomlens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:31 PM   #36
zoomlens
Danielle Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomlens View Post
I'm experiencing a problem playing older vids. On the newer ones, the videos seem to start right away. But, if I go back to some of the older stuff, 2004 for instance, the video never starts. Help?
Just a point of clarification and an example. I just looked at one of Jamie's vids from 2005 Link deleted by Moderator Do not post links to members only sites, not all message board members are also members of the site. I was able to see the DIVX file, but when I clicked on the WMV file, it never loads up. I'd rather see the WMV file, since those seem to be a better PQ. (so far, Jamie is my fave)
zoomlens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:04 PM   #37
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle_ftv View Post
You guys are sweet. I love waking up to compliments (and yes...it is 1:30 in the afternoon...I'm a night owl hence why I'm waking up now.)
Just a question that had to do with the time. In your post it said 8:30 PM, so why is the time on this site off by 7 hours (6 hours in Nashville time?)
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:04 AM   #38
Anoree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Just a question that had to do with the time. In your post it said 8:30 PM, so why is the time on this site off by 7 hours (6 hours in Nashville time?)
It's more a technical question about the forum, not about Danielle's Journal, so I moved the post.

Max, take a look at the User Control Panel (User CP on the top menu bar), sectíon "Settings & Options", item "Edit Options."
On the following page there is a "Date & Time Options" section. (second latest)
Set the Time Zone to your location, hit the "Save Changes" button and the problem should be solved.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:45 AM   #39
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoree View Post
It's more a technical question about the forum, not about Danielle's Journal, so I moved the post.

Max, take a look at the User Control Panel (User CP on the top menu bar), sectíon "Settings & Options", item "Edit Options."
On the following page there is a "Date & Time Options" section. (second latest)
Set the Time Zone to your location, hit the "Save Changes" button and the problem should be solved.
Sorry I didn't mean to get off topic. But something more related to the topic would be that I am addicted to Bioshock 1 at the moment. I prefer to buy old games, because they are cheaper.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
16:9, aspect ratio, format, specs