FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions

Old 01-18-2009, 07:52 PM   #50
CK1
Danielle's Biggest Fan

that is why i placed the solutions in that order. being the simplest fix first. and honestly, it usually works that way. i would suggets that you avoid the aol browser just because most pages are not designed with it in mind and it does have a tendancy to create random issues like you described. now that IE is working fine i would just stick to that or safari. both good options. and re-installing windows is NOT needed in your case.
CK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:50 PM   #51
Anoree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
WHAT is DIFFERENT about the "Picture (or screenshot) of the Day" Thread???
The thread has some VERY big pictures in it.
Rob's raw version of the cover from Flashing around Town with 3000 x 2098 pixels is just about the biggest picture I've seen on the net.

Maybe the AOL Browser's cache is mixed up. Try cleaning the temporary downloaded files within the browser. The thread could get displayable again.
Anoree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:07 PM   #52
voncroy10
Dreaming of Danielle

Send a message via MSN to voncroy10 Send a message via Yahoo to voncroy10

my computer was infected with "WIN32/Heur" its very dangerous virus it spreads fast and cause damage to exe files, i had to format everything on the hard drive to remove it.

does anyone know more info about this virus and if there is any removal tool for it?
Old 02-18-2009, 02:40 AM   #53
CK1
Danielle's Biggest Fan

only that its a pain to clean. i would recommend removing the drive and plugging it into a clean machine with a good, up to date anti-virus and scanning it several times until it passes two scans without finding anything. i like to run a spyware remover program like malaware bytes or AdAware. both you can download for free at Cnet.
CK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:51 AM   #54
the Dutch mountains
Dreaming of Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
To splice movies I use imovie. The audio will not import in the given format, so it must be converted with a program I use called Audacity. It is free, however, the audio will not sound very good, but you can still edit that.
Are you using the DivX files or the WMV files ? Ik always use the WMV files, and I can split / join them with QuickTime or MPEGstreamclip, which is much easier than iMovie, because you don't have to import the movies or edit the audio seperately, and the sound stays good.

WMV is still a disaster to edit, and lacks good compression-functions ( especially motion-estimation is terrible in WMV ) people should really shift to x264...
the Dutch mountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:36 PM   #55
WhyYou
Lead Moderator (deceased)

(This question has been moved from the Question Thread for Danielle to here.)

Posted by e83sOHpFYv:

Is anyone else having trouble with extracting the 4th of July pics after download? I get an error saying the folder is empty. All other folders I've tried work fine.

Thanks
Old 07-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #56
WhyYou

(This has been moved from the Question Thread For Danielle to here)

Posted by Anoree:

Quote:
Originally Posted by e83sOHpFYv View Post

Is anyone else having trouble with extracting the 4th of July pics after download? I get an error saying the folder is empty. All other folders I've tried work fine.

Thanks

Yes, there's a problem with the zip file of that Photo Series. I'm sure Danielle will fix that as soon as she can.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:45 PM   #57
Anoree

Thumbs up Thanks for the move

Thanks for moving question and answer here, WhyYou. I think they fit in here better than in Danielle's Question Thread.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:09 AM   #58
grande351
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyYou View Post
(This has been moved from the Question Thread For Danielle to here)

Posted by Anoree:
Yes, there's a problem with the zip file of that Photo Series. I'm sure Danielle will fix that as soon as she can.
I had the same problem. I wound up using a program called B.I.D. (Bulk Image Downloader) to save the pics. There are others that'll do this as well. then, of course, there's always "right click, save as"!
Anoree is correct, it shouldn't be too big an issue to fix. Rob or Danielle will just have to re-zip the file.
grande351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:09 AM   #59
Geezer

Hey Whyyou! If YOU can move threads, how about following up on my suggestion to create a central location for "art work" - those from Mart, Ugo, and anyone else who bombards the threads with LOTS of Photoshop files.

Even Danielle posted her agreement with my idea.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:31 AM   #60
grande351

Quote:
Hey Whyyou! If YOU can move threads, how about following up on my suggestion to create a central location for "art work" - those from Mart, Ugo, and anyone else who bombards the threads with LOTS of Photoshop files.

Maybe even add a new category just for fan artwork? Not sure how hard this is to do. There certainly seems to be enough posted that it would warrent it's own category. That would be better than just placing it all into one thread under "general discussion" since a thread like that would take a long time to load with all the photos.
grande351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:58 AM   #61
Anoree

Quote:

There's a huge difference between moving posts from one existing thread to another like WhyYou did - you only need the right to delete the posts from the old thread - and doing structural changes like creating a fifth branch. I think only Rob and Chris (Lagwagon) have the power for that.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:31 AM   #62
WhyYou

Quote:

Yes, I can move threads. But I cannot create new forums. I can only move threads to existing forums. As was posted previously, that job is something that Lagwagon or Rob will have to do.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:56 PM   #63
nndr
Just Visiting

Default Aspect Ratio

I've been looking for this answer in the forums and I've only been able to pick up hints, but I want to hear a clear answer.

What is the aspect ratio of the HD videos supposed to be?

I believe the download comes in 720x480 resolution. However, the real question is, are they really actually an anamorphic picture meaning we would have to manually set the aspect ratio in our players to 16:9?

I don't know if the way I worded this came out clear. But I've been using final cut for a while now and realize that it outputs 16:9 footage to a 1.5/720x480 resolution.
nndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:11 PM   #64
Anoree

This question could have been asked in the Tech Talk thread, but I'll answer it here.

True HD Video begins with a resolution of 1280x720 pixels and is in the 16:9 aspect ratio. "Full HD" has a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels, the maximum resolution covered by HDTV.
Even higher resolutions are used for digital cinema projectors, for example.

Anamorphic compression to 720x480 pixels is used to downgrade the content
to NTSC displays, or by websites to reduce file sizes. This resolution is considered SD (Standard Definition).

For a detailed description I reccomend this wikipedia article.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:26 PM   #65
nndr
Just Visiting

Default 1440x1080

I apologize for that post being out of place.

But my question wasn't in regard to what it is in general. It's just that the FTV videos don't seem to be any standard ratio. In the intro screen it mentions 1440x1080 (1.33), however when I downsize that to 16:9 I wonder if it actually should be watched under that setting. Squares look like squares and circles look like circles. So I just wanted some clarification as to the specifics of these videos.

-

just found this thread

non square pixels

I think that answers it. I should be watching it in 16:9 then rather than the default display it shows in vlc.
nndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:45 PM   #66
Anoree

Quote:
Originally Posted by nndr View Post
I apologize for that post being out of place.
I don't think that's too much of a problem. One of the Administrators moved the posts already. (I supose it was Rob this time.)

Quote:
But my question wasn't in regard to what it is in general. It's just that the FTV videos don't seem to be any standard ratio. In the intro screen it mentions 1440x1080 (1.33), however when I downsize that to 16:9 I wonder if it actually should be watched under that setting. Squares look like squares and circles look like circles. So I just wanted some clarification as to the specifics of these videos.
Now I get it. You were talking about FTV's 8000Kb/sec download (1440x1080, anamorphic, but valid HD resolution) v. 3000Kb/sec download (720x480, SD, 4:3 NTSC resolution).

As the source was in 16:9 the downgraded 3000Kb/sec video should also be watched (or processed) in 16:9. The Windows Media Player does that automatically.

Quote:
just found this thread

non square pixels

I think that answers it. I should be watching it in 16:9 then rather than the default display it shows in vlc.
You got it. Why vlc plays it as 4:3 and the Windows Media Player plays it in 16:9 I don't know. I guess MS provides an attribute within the wmv file header about the intended aspect ratio, and vlc doesn't get it.

Rob wanted to omit the DivX download option (352x256, variable bitrate), but too many customers still wanted to use it.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:38 AM   #67
Linda_Ei
Just Visiting

Send a message via ICQ to Linda_Ei
Default Help needed with kernal32 dll error

Hello!
Every time I run Outlook Express I get this error
and the program stops responding
Can you Please advice me how to avoid it.
Linda_Ei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #68
Anoree

Arrow not the right forum

Hi Linda,

this is not a technical forum, even though we answer technical questions concerning DanielleFTV.com, FTVGirls.com and associated websites.

Your error can have about 1001 reasons, from damaged mail storage over damaged Windows and virus influence to Harddisk or Memory failure.
I would recommend asking your question again in a technics forum. I'm sure you'll find some help there.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #69
CipExota
Just Visiting

Default Error fix

Hello Linda

Try using this Regtool
It will scan you system for corrupted dlls and registry entries.
CipExota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:42 PM   #70
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

I guess this is a tech question, i have two computers and my main one keeps freezing and i'm wondering why. it's a good Del computer and pretty fast, but just lately it's been freezing at least once every other day. I haven't a clue what causes a computer to freeze or to prevent it. I have tried Googling but i get answers from reinstalling windows to buying a new computer. I'm sure i'll get more sensible answers here. I really would appreciate any help or advice on computer freezing. I know there are a lot smart guys on this forum. Hopefully who could help me out.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:11 PM   #71
Anoree

(tried to solve mart's problem by PMs)
Old 07-31-2009, 08:04 AM   #72
mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoree View Post
(tried to solve mart's problem by PMs)
Thanks Anoree and the other kind members who have helped me via PMs. Your advice was very helpful Anoree. As was all the advice i got, cheers lads!.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:58 AM   #73
Avery
Danielle Junkie

Default 1440x1080 considered true 1080p??

Isn't it 1920x1080p?? I wonder if another encoding method should be used, such as MP4. Seems to be a more efficient codec than wmv. No loss in quality, and 3/4 the file size. Makes for lower bandwidth bills....lol

Great updates, looking forward to the Anne shoot.

Regards
Avery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #74
Just Me
Banned

Yes, 1920x1080p is TRUE full HD to date. 1080p is Progressive Scan which means actual full lines of resolution and actual size.

1440x1080i is not true HD.
1080i is equal to 720p interlace at 1080i and spread out at the size of 1080 to view larger, but not as clean or sharp as true captured 1920x1080p.

There no such thing as 1440x1080p - it is 1080i interlaced.
Interlaced means each line is doubled by the processor and interlaced within one another to achieve 1080 picture size.

Size and actual quality are two different things altogether.

1920x1080P is full the full TRUE High Definition to date.
Just Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:31 AM   #75
Jeffrey99
Dreaming of Danielle

Technically both 1920x1080 and 1280x720 is HD. But I will agree with Just Me, 1440x1080 isn't a default HD resolution.

Just for reference, 1080i is what CBS, NBC, PBS & DiscoveryHD Theater broadcast in. 720p includes ABC, Fox & ESPNHD.

However I'm guessing 99.9% of people couldn't tell a difference between 720p, 1080i or 1080p. So honestly, as long as it's 720p or above, I don't really think it matters.
Jeffrey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:30 AM   #76
nartkd0924
Board Newbie

OK Full HD is not only screen resolution but also frame rates as well. as there are 1080p24 1080p30 1080p50 1080p60 and 1080p100 each country has diff ratings. Which displays the frame rates of how mach each pic is refresh per second. So a 1080p24 would mean that a screen resolution of 1920x1080 is refresh 24 times per second. In movies or TV there not much diffs in quality the main focus in 1080p50 and higher is when it comes to PC games is that 50 FPS will bring less lag in playing PC games
nartkd0924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:09 PM   #77
Just Me
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nartkd0924 View Post
OK Full HD is not only screen resolution but also frame rates as well. as there are 1080p24 1080p30 1080p50 1080p60 and 1080p100 each country has diff ratings. Which displays the frame rates of how mach each pic is refresh per second. So a 1080p24 would mean that a screen resolution of 1920x1080 is refresh 24 times per second. In movies or TV there not much diffs in quality the main focus in 1080p50 and higher is when it comes to PC games is that 50 FPS will bring less lag in playing PC games
Frame rate has NOTHING to do with HD at all. A film (not digital) camera captures at many frames rates, and is NOT HD. Cinema frame rates are usually 24 frames per second and is NOT HD.
So frame rate has absolutely nothing to do with a video capture being High Definition.

HD is where how much pixel density and latitude an image sensor can capture.
720p is at one time an HD standard back in 2003. Now in present 1080p is full HD, 1080i is NOT HD in today's standards.

Again.... P stand for progressive which is true lines of resolution.
i - stand for interlace, which means taking a resolution size and interlacing it to a larger scale, same as up scaling in theory.
For example.... Consumer DVD players can up scale a DVD from 480, 720 up to 1080 for the new standard wide screen TV's. It looks like crap and a full HD TV when upscale signal.

If you have a full HD TV such as my Samsung 55" 1080P 240hrtz LED, you can in fact see the difference between all the resolutions clearly, otherwise there would be NO need for SONY to invent Blu Ray to deliver full 1080P which broadcasting Station can not at this time. Blu Ray is 20mbps to 45mbps
whichs way to high for the equipment they currently have to broadcast HD bandwidth signals.

There is a major difference between all the mentioned resolutions, you just need a TV that can display full 1080P to be able to see the difference.

Refresh rate has nothing to do with frame rate.... Frame rate is how many pictures are going through the glass per second. For example: Shooting movies on film: Frame is is how many frames on a film strip are moving over the projected or capture light per second.
The higher your frame rate is, the high the quality will be. Higher frame rates are able to capture more information and detail.

Refresh is what a graphics card or PC monitors do. hence 120hrtz refresh rate
A countries ratings are on rated power supply. UK is 50hrtz USA is 60hrtz
So to make that all work properly the frame will be different due to power requirements.
60Hrtz 60p, 30p, 24p 60i, ect ect

I can not shoot 50i and display i properly in the United States, as I am under a faster electricity system which is 60hrtz. 50i is PAL rated for UK at 50hrtz

Again, screen size has nothing to do with what HD actually is.
High Definition is how much information is with in that certain screen size.
I have two full HD video cameras, one SONY EX1 3 chip Professional Video Camera and One Canon 5D MkII DSLR which has one chip that captures full HD as well, both cams are 1920x1080P
However, the Sony EX1 has three bigger chips than the Canon 5D MkII so it can capture higher quality video. The Sony EX1 captures more colors, shades, and way more information with three full size chips than the 5D MkII. Sony captures at 35mbps, Canon 5D MkII captures at 15 to 18mbps
due NOT being able to see more information with a single chip.
rather than just having one.

Rob delivers 8000k per second on FTV which is no where near what our cameras actually capture before compressed for the web.

Last edited by Just Me; 12-18-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Just Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:35 AM   #78
botdvd
Danielle Junkie

Default Software that allows you to download videos from break.com

Free youtube downloader is easy and great, but there are some Lia movies on www.break.com Do someone know where or what that can be used for this website? Please any help.

Thanks.
botdvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:28 PM   #79
T-bone Thomas
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by botdvd View Post
Free youtube downloader is easy and great, but there are some Lia movies on www.break.com Do someone know where or what that can be used for this website? Please any help.

Thanks.
I don't know what software to use for such downloads but a friend of mine downloaded one of Lia's videos at Break for me some time ago. You can download the flv-file from my mediafire account if you want:
Video "Man I hate winter":
http://www.mediafire.com/?dofuyygmynv

The video quality is pretty low though.
The other video “Splinter Removal” I have to ask my friend again for help.
T-bone Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #80
botdvd
Danielle Junkie

Thanks.

But i will still be looking for a softwear that allows me to download the files in the same quality as the site.
botdvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #81
radscan
Dreaming of Danielle

Default Try RealPlayer SP

Try Real Player SP. I use it to download flv files and whatever video content from sites like Break and You Tube etc

Has a nice feature 'Download This Video' button will appear automatically when you play a web video. Click on the button and the video starts downloading to your hard drive.

Download it here:
http://uk.real.com/realplayer/

radscan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #82
mart

Well i use "Savevid.com", when i want to download a video from Youtube and it gives you three formats to download, FLV, MP4, Window Media. Some are better qualities than others. I would like to know why this thread is in Lia's lounge though.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #83
WhyYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart View Post
Well i use "Savevid.com", when i want to download a video from Youtube and it gives you three formats to download, FLV, MP4, Window Media. Some are better qualities than others. I would like to know why this thread is in Lia's lounge though.
Thread is now moved, per mart's request.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #84
JerkOff
Just Visiting

Default Video playing - troubleshooting

Help please.

Any idea why a brand new Acer Aspire 5517 Notebook running Windows 7(64bit,) AMD Athelon @ 1.60 GHz, 3 GB Ram would have difficulty playing the HD FTV vids?

I've tried Gom and VLC, and have all the codecs, etc. VLC just crashes, and GOM plays in slow, choppy motion, freezing frequently, with the audio a few seconds behind. I did notice that the CPU usage is pegged at 100%. When I play the lower def .WMV, CPU is at about 70%.

This is quite annoying. My 5 yr old machine has no problem playing the high-def vids. Is this new machine a piece of crap and I'm just not aware?

Thanks for any help.
JerkOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:17 AM   #85
Curt
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerkOff View Post
Help please.

Any idea why a brand new Acer Aspire 5517 Notebook running Windows 7(64bit,) AMD Athelon @ 1.60 GHz, 3 GB Ram would have difficulty playing the HD FTV vids?

I've tried Gom and VLC, and have all the codecs, etc. VLC just crashes, and GOM plays in slow, choppy motion, freezing frequently, with the audio a few seconds behind. I did notice that the CPU usage is pegged at 100%. When I play the lower def .WMV, CPU is at about 70%.

This is quite annoying. My 5 yr old machine has no problem playing the high-def vids. Is this new machine a piece of crap and I'm just not aware?

Thanks for any help.
From the specs I've found, I'd say your notebook doesn't have the horsepower to play the HD videos. The video FAQ states that these videos require a powerful processor. Also, have you tried using Windows Media Player, which is recommended in the FAQ?

Microsoft says a 1 GHz processor and 2 GB of RAM are required to run 64-bit Windows 7, but they've always been notoriously optimistic with their hardware requirements.

The specs I found at Acer's web site state that your machine has an Athlon TF-20 processor; according to this web site, this is a low-end CPU. Another issue is that the maximum resolution for the display is 1366x768; the HD videos are 1440x1080, so your display can't render them in their native format.

Is the machine a piece of crap? Only you can determine that. It depends on a number of factors, including your budget, the price you paid, and what your intended use is.

Last edited by Curt; 05-21-2010 at 12:24 AM.
Curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:29 PM   #86
MarkF-UK
Danielle Junkie

Send a message via Skype™ to MarkF-UK
Default yep, likely to be the video card.

You don't say what video card is installed but on a Notebook it is likely to be a card integrated onto the motherboard with shared RAM. In fact looking up your model, if it is the one with the ATI Radeon™ Xpress 1200 graphics card, then that is an onboard card, and that's not likely to play high performance HD video very well.

Sorry. These notebooks are more designed for those 'on the go' to do work or to fill in time, but not for heavy work.

Mark
MarkF-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:57 PM   #87
zoomlens
Danielle Fan

Default trouble playing older vids

I'm experiencing a problem playing older vids. On the newer ones, the videos seem to start right away. But, if I go back to some of the older stuff, 2004 for instance, the video never starts. Help?
zoomlens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:04 PM   #88
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle_ftv View Post
You guys are sweet. I love waking up to compliments (and yes...it is 1:30 in the afternoon...I'm a night owl hence why I'm waking up now.)
Just a question that had to do with the time. In your post it said 8:30 PM, so why is the time on this site off by 7 hours (6 hours in Nashville time?)
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:04 AM   #89
Anoree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Just a question that had to do with the time. In your post it said 8:30 PM, so why is the time on this site off by 7 hours (6 hours in Nashville time?)
It's more a technical question about the forum, not about Danielle's Journal, so I moved the post.

Max, take a look at the User Control Panel (User CP on the top menu bar), sectíon "Settings & Options", item "Edit Options."
On the following page there is a "Date & Time Options" section. (second latest)
Set the Time Zone to your location, hit the "Save Changes" button and the problem should be solved.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:31 PM   #90
zoomlens
Danielle Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomlens View Post
I'm experiencing a problem playing older vids. On the newer ones, the videos seem to start right away. But, if I go back to some of the older stuff, 2004 for instance, the video never starts. Help?
Just a point of clarification and an example. I just looked at one of Jamie's vids from 2005 Link deleted by Moderator Do not post links to members only sites, not all message board members are also members of the site. I was able to see the DIVX file, but when I clicked on the WMV file, it never loads up. I'd rather see the WMV file, since those seem to be a better PQ. (so far, Jamie is my fave)
zoomlens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:45 AM   #91
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoree View Post
It's more a technical question about the forum, not about Danielle's Journal, so I moved the post.

Max, take a look at the User Control Panel (User CP on the top menu bar), sectíon "Settings & Options", item "Edit Options."
On the following page there is a "Date & Time Options" section. (second latest)
Set the Time Zone to your location, hit the "Save Changes" button and the problem should be solved.
Sorry I didn't mean to get off topic. But something more related to the topic would be that I am addicted to Bioshock 1 at the moment. I prefer to buy old games, because they are cheaper.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
16:9, aspect ratio, format, specs