FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2009, 12:49 AM   #1
Raymond (Studio6Girls)
Dreaming of Danielle

Default Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance

I just got my tickets and booked my hotel room for the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. I was raised in Monterey but have never been before so I'm excited.

The 2009 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance will feature Bugatti and Bentley as the Marquees.

And when Rob talks about the Bugatti Veyron being more than just a fast, expensive car but it being about craftsmanship and quality.

Bugatti has won Best in Show for the following years: 1956, 1959, 1964, 1966, 1976, 1985, 1990, 1998, 2003. That is more than any other marque.

So, has anyone else been to the Concours?

This is on my "To do" list before I die. My next major trip I want to do is the Monaco Grand Prix.
Raymond (Studio6Girls) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:57 AM   #2
grande351
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

That sounds like it's going to be great!!! I'd love to get out there sometime. I think the Monterey historic races would be cool to. There's so much "car stuff" to do out in California! We have some events here on the east coast, but nothing like you have out there. Monaco would be awesome too. The place alone would be worth the trip. Something I'm looking forward to is a trip I plan on taking in two years to the Goodwood Festival of Speed over in the UK. I missed it by one week the last time my company sent me there.
grande351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:22 AM   #3
Raymond (Studio6Girls)
Dreaming of Danielle

I was looking at the Barrett-Jackson auto auction here in Arizona but it appears to be more about American cars and not so much on exotic imports. I would love to go to a local car show that focuses on Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, etc... does anyone know of Arizona shows like that?
Raymond (Studio6Girls) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
daniellemybelle
Danielle Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond (Studio6Girls) View Post
I was looking at the Barrett-Jackson auto auction here in Arizona but it appears to be more about American cars and not so much on exotic imports. I would love to go to a local car show that focuses on Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, etc... does anyone know of Arizona shows like that?
Have you been to the Barrett-Jackson? They definately have exotic cars there and I've seen some beautiful exotics. It all depends on who of course is selling what but it's a great show. Especially if you like the old musclecar stuff, which I do. Craig Jackson is a huge mustang and Shelby fan that's why they went more into the musclecar, american stuff. He had some top notch Shelby/Mustang restorers on staff at one time too and then when prices exploded in the musclecar world they went crazy with more and more american stuff.

Your Pebble Beach trip sounds fantastic and it's on my list too.
daniellemybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:19 PM   #5
daniellemybelle
Danielle Junkie

there is a rental car place that rents exotics too it's called Arizona Exotic Cars.

You could always just go check there cars out
daniellemybelle is offline   Reply With Quote