FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2008, 01:27 PM   #1
gordy
Board Newbie

Default The Lamborghini

Hey Rob, what's this in Danielle's diary about your LP640 getting trashed?! Everyone OK? What happened?

Honestly, the lengths you go to to make room for a Reventon...
gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:33 AM   #2
FTVGirls_Rob
Administrator

My Silver LP640 is totalled... happened at 8:30pm on Friday night. After a good dinner, we were driving out from Scottsdale Rd. to Bell road, an area busy with construction. Well, this lady in a red Hyundai Tiburon turns into the same lane I'm on (driving in the wrong direction) ... not enough time to dodge it at my 20mph speed, hit my left front. Her car was literally thrown aside by the LP, but my car was destroyed. Fortunately no injuries on both parties, but the whole car frame buckled around the cockpit.

My LP

The Hyundai
Old 10-08-2008, 01:34 AM   #3
FTVGirls_Rob
Administrator

Its such a sad waste, seeing a $350,000 car destroyed by a $4000 car... I'm still not sure why she was driving on the wrong side (texting, confused, tired, etc...) but she got cited for driving on the wrong side of the road.

Anyways, talk about being at the wrong place at the wrong time...

Here's a Video: http://www.253mph.com/lambocrash/accidentrep.AVI

Only had her for 2 months... sorry to see her go
Old 10-08-2008, 02:59 AM   #4
Max
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Hope you had collision insurance
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:07 AM   #5
grande351

Rob,
Really sorry about the car. It doesn't look too bad on the outside, but I know that once the main chassis structure or "tub" is damaged on those, it's extremely difficult or even impossible to repair. Especially if it's carbon fiber!

I know you've heard this a million times, but it is good that no one was hurt. I hope the insurance covers everything. Not to make excuses for the girl in the Hyundai, but do you think the lane closure for construction played a role? Maybe she was confused by the traffic cones?

Do you plan on replacing the Lambo with another one, or something else?
An F430 Scuderia would be awesome, but I've always been more of a Ferrari "guy"
grande351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:57 AM   #6
ugo
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband

I am sorry indeed it, friend Rob.
For yours beautiful and fabulous car from thousand dreams with the women of FTVGirls.

If I am not wrong me, had Alison made a shoot with your beautiful car? To say that it is very beautiful to see some beautiful videos with the cars of Rob.

It is easy to speak now of whom the guilt is. But I think that the guilt is of those that make the jobs and confusion of closings on the roads. And without understanding better of as it is had to drive on those closed roads. Is indeed dangerous!!

Because clearly who guide according to the speed, it never does him in time to see and to stop in time. Seen the confusion of roads and traffic. And especially in the evening (or night).

To every way, luckily nobody is made evil.
But were you you Rob with Danielle only? Or were there other friends in your car?
ugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:36 PM   #7
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

Cars can be replaced. People can't. Just glad neither of you were hurt.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:51 PM   #8
MISSY
Danielle's Imaginary Girlfriend

This is bad! First Rob is in a head on, then Tigger. they happen in 3's everyone be careful!!!!!!!!! Rob nice car, or it was.
MISSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:57 PM   #9
Max

What kind of an idiot would drive on the wrong side of the road, that seems kind of hard to do.

Note to self: Don't drive a car with automatic transmission, these cars allow you to do things such as text while driving and use your phone, a car should take 2 hands and 2 feet to drive

Last edited by Max; 10-08-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:08 PM   #10
MISSY
Danielle's Imaginary Girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
What kind of an idiot would drive on the wrong side of the road, that seems kind of hard to do.

Note to self: Don't drive a car with automatic transmission, these cars allow you to do things such as text while driving and use your phone, a car should take 2 hands and 2 feet to drive
It would blow your mind if you knew what we see during the day. Tigger could tell you some stories. HE can see a lot from up in the truck. Woman do some notty things while they are driving.
MISSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:52 PM   #11
ugo

Because this is the world that we live in the most total confusion. If indeed it takes more attention for all the things that turn around us human's. And what all of us miss it: the respect and the sense of the good reason.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #12
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSY View Post
It would blow your mind if you knew what we see during the day. Tigger could tell you some stories. HE can see a lot from up in the truck. Woman do some notty things while they are driving.
That's why men, like me, drive manual transmissions, therefore, we will eliminate the temptation to use cell phones, manual transmission will probably always be a male centered thing however.

Last edited by Max; 10-08-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:49 PM   #13
danielle_ftv
Administrator

I drive an automatic but I never (or at least I try not to) do things that will cause me to get in an accident and put other people's lives at risk. If you need to talk on your phone get a Bluetooth (I have three). If you need to read directions get a talking GPS system (I have one.) And texting on your cell phone is absolutely ridiculous and it pisses me off to see people do it (unfortunately it's always people my age that do it...looks bad on the rest of us.)
Old 10-09-2008, 12:42 AM   #14
Kent
Danielle Junkie

I totally agree Danielle. Are things really that important that people need to text each other right away?? Why not wait until you get to your destination and send the text, or just call them quickly (using Bluetooth if needed)?? Well, that is just my opinion.
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:23 PM   #15
Calum
Just Visiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
I totally agree Danielle. Are things really that important that people need to text each other right away?? Why not wait until you get to your destination and send the text, or just call them quickly (using Bluetooth if needed)?? Well, that is just my opinion.
My wife tought me how to drive a standard. Gotta love a girl that can drive stick!

Sux about the car though. Glad to hear everyone's ok. I guess this begs the question, what's next?
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #16
King Richard
Danielle Fan

Send a message via MSN to King Richard
Default Rob's preference

Hi there Rob,

So your Lambo isn't cruising anymore....that is a shame. As a car lover, it always hurts to see such a beauty been damaged.

What made you buy this brand? Were you in love with the car, the brand, Italy or was it the best ride of your life?

Next wednesday me and a friend are going to a Porsche Roadshow. He was invited for a day with the newest porsches and maybe i get the change to ride aswell. It's a whole day of driving on the edge, so I'm looking forward to it!

Isn't a Porsche an option for you?

Greetz
King Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #17
ugo

I propose the Ferrari Evolution for Rob!

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring...-evolution.htm
Old 10-09-2008, 07:39 PM   #18
Geezer

Default cell phone usage

It's now against the law here in California to talk on a cell phone while driving. You can use Bluetooth or an earpiece connected to the cell but you can't hold a phone up to your ear. Come January, texting while driving will also be against the law. Now, do people still hold phones to their ears? Of course! Some people will break any law on the books.
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:10 AM   #19
grande351

Good news for California. Texting while driving is crazy and stupid. Like the engineer on the Metrolink train that died and took 24 other people with him. It's a shame it takes tragedies like that point out these problems.

By the way, I just don't "get" this whole texting thing anyway. Danielle is correct, it's usually people in her age group, but now I'm seeing folks I work with texting all the time. Even ones in their 30's who have families and children. Who the H*** are they sending the messages to? Perhaps I'm just too old (at 40?) or it could be that I'm jealous because Idon't have someone to send messages to. Hmmmmm.
grande351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:15 AM   #20
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle_ftv View Post
I drive an automatic but I never (or at least I try not to) do things that will cause me to get in an accident and put other people's lives at risk. If you need to talk on your phone get a Bluetooth (I have three). If you need to read directions get a talking GPS system (I have one.) And texting on your cell phone is absolutely ridiculous and it pisses me off to see people do it (unfortunately it's always people my age that do it...looks bad on the rest of us.)
If you need to use your GPS or cell phone, just pull over, hit the brakes and put your car in neutral.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:15 AM   #21
WhyYou
Lead Moderator (deceased)

How did this thread become a cell phone usage thread? Where did The Lamborghini go? Topic guys...topic.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:20 AM   #22
Geezer

Cool

Hello Why You! There seems to be an "interest" in cell phone usage so is it possible for YOU to start a new threat and move the comments about cells to it?
Old 10-10-2008, 02:26 AM   #23
WhyYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
Hello Why You! There seems to be an "interest" in cell phone usage so is it possible for YOU to start a new threat and move the comments about cells to it?
I'm not able to move individual posts, just entire threads. It would be best if someone just started a new thread titled Cell Phones And Driving or something to that effect.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:28 AM   #24
laranger

Send a message via Yahoo to laranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

Why, yes he or I can. However, is it to damn hard for ya to just start one yourself and while posting in a thread to stay on topic. We have other things to do other than babysitting you.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:36 AM   #25
Geezer

Angry Babysitting? I don't THINK SO!!!!

Wow Laranger! That was pretty harsh! The topic started out on the accident and the Lambo and, organicially, cell phone usage came up. WhyYou suggested "topic guys, topic!" I was just wondering if the messages could be split off into a new thread since there already were a few "off topic" comments.

I, personally, have NEVER been on any forum before in my 62 years so I was "just wondering" if a thread could be broken into two by the administrator. I don't have a clue what "adminstrators" can do or not do. It has nothing to do with being "too damned hard" and I certainly don't need babysitting.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:18 AM   #26
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle_ftv View Post
Don't worry about it, It's a male thing, everyone I know that drives one is a guy, I really need one because I have ADHD, and it keeps me focused.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:20 AM   #27
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
My wife tought me how to drive a standard. Gotta love a girl that can drive stick!

Sux about the car though. Glad to hear everyone's ok. I guess this begs the question, what's next?
If chicks driving sticks is hot, then so is chicks dipping, Manual transmission is entirely a male thing in my opinion.
P.S. Don't Dip, I don't, it causes mouth cancer.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:22 AM   #28
Max

If I had a car like that, and anyone else drove it, I would personally flay them. They can ride in it however.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:15 PM   #29
nexxus
Danielle Junkie

Thank god for insurance.

I have 3 yrs being an advanced driver trainer, a C3 licence here which allows me to drive up to CORR truck and Nascar development over there and all motorsports forms here (although I haven't in a while) but I will NOT talk on the phone while driving, with or without bluetooth. It's proven to disturb your concentration to the effect of being drunk, and I am yet to find a Bluetooth device (Nokia anyway) that doesn't have it's moments of cutting out.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:59 AM   #30
MarkF-UK
Danielle Junkie

Send a message via Skype™ to MarkF-UK

Quote:
Makes me wonder if the other driver was from the UK, or somewhere else where they drive on the left side of the road.

That image map of the road Rob gave us seems to indicate she was pulling out of a side road/street, turning right and instead of turning sharper to go eastbound in the flow of traffic, she thought she was turning right across the flow of imaginary westbound traffic to go eastbound.

Whence she and Rob met in time and space at the same spot,

That's how it would be done in left side road countries. Often with similar results I might add.

Mark
MarkF-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:01 AM   #31
ugo

Would have been better a thread devoted to the theme of the cell phone. But considering that has spoken on this thread devoted to the accident of the luxurious Lambo, it was obvious that the words have gone to speak of the cell phone (attention: it's deadly threat when it's driven! But also when we speak, or we look to other things).

I hope indeed that the theme of cell phone doesn't speak too much on this thread.
But a thing I can say: if we want to use the cell phone (or others said already above), we have to everything understand that being driving. You remember to be very vigilant. Cannot be died for of the stupidities (guide, alcohol, drug, disco).
Life is beautiful. We try to understand with the dangers of our nature of every day.
Apart the unpredictable fatality where not even the attention is not able to see.

I am very careful in my life. And against the colleagues of my job that try to challenge me. I have had fortune to live. But the war is not ended. Only to say my small personal things. And nothing more. For respect of this thread.

Last edited by ugo; 10-12-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:10 PM   #32
mart

Quote:

Good point Max. Avoid driving automatics. A friend of mine has an automatic. He'll have one hand on the wheel and the other usually eating something like a chocolate bar. But at least he has Bluetooth. Which i know isn't much help when he's still got a free hand. I drive a manual and it's hands on the wheel at all times. Only taking one off for gear changing. I actually prefer to have both hands on the wheel anyway. Yet some of my friends will only have one hand on the wheel. Especially when their talking and have to gesture everything their saying. Which i find annoying. But then everyone has their own way of driving. Be it good or bad.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:45 AM   #33
lora
Danielle Junkie

sorry to hear that,very sad news
Old 10-13-2008, 09:45 AM   #34
ugo

You are right Mart. Is this the beautiful to make accidents when it is driven with an only hand on the steering wheel. Can be driven with an only hand when the road is empty. But never when there is confusion and risk of dangers.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:16 PM   #35
AlsoDan
Danielle Fan

Ouch! - that's sorry to hear Rob.

Would i be right in saying that you also have an SLR in your garage to soften the blow - or was that the LP640's predecessor?

What do you plan replacing it with?
AlsoDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:39 AM   #36
indyfan
Dreaming of Danielle

That's a real shame. The road construction dividers looked obvious from the photo.
indyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:51 PM   #37
Anoree

Sorry to see such a nice car go. I read, you took it with composure, Rob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSY View Post
This is bad! First Rob is in a head on, then Tigger. they happen in 3's everyone be careful!!!!!!!!! Rob nice car, or it was.
May I offer my car as first in that series? Mine was totalled last December. A drunk driver hit it parking empty at the side of the street, with about 75 Mph where only 30 are allowed. The driver was lucky that no one was on the 130 feet of pathways the cars sled on afterwards. He had a light injury, but no one else got harmed.

My damage was only about $26,000, for it was only a VW Golf Plus - nothing compared to Rob's loss.
Anoree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 04:07 PM   #38
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart View Post
Good point Max. Avoid driving automatics. A friend of mine has an automatic. He'll have one hand on the wheel and the other usually eating something like a chocolate bar. But at least he has Bluetooth. Which i know isn't much help when he's still got a free hand. I drive a manual and it's hands on the wheel at all times. Only taking one off for gear changing. I actually prefer to have both hands on the wheel anyway. Yet some of my friends will only have one hand on the wheel. Especially when their talking and have to gesture everything their saying. Which i find annoying. But then everyone has their own way of driving. Be it good or bad.
All an automatic is good for is if you want to kick your left foot out the window and masturbate, which you shouldn't do anyways.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:29 PM   #39
WhyYou

Quote:
All an automatic is good for is if you want to kick your left foot out the window and masturbate, which you shouldn't do anyways.
Some of us have no choice. My left leg won't handle a clutch anymore. My left ankle has some damage and doesn't bend properly and too much pressure is painful. For most of my life I drove a manual transmission and I believe everybody should at least learn how to do it. Maybe they should limit sales of automatic transmissions to people who can show a need for it (like THAT will ever happen...lol).
Old 12-19-2008, 07:58 PM   #40
mart

Quote:
Or have it on the wheel as well lol. I've never been too sure who automatics were ever aimed for. Maybe for the disabled or partially disabled. I personally think every able bodied person should drive manuals.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:03 PM   #41
captnjack

I see you point Mart and Max but for me it is a matter of convenience. I lived 17 miles from work and on a good traffic day it takes 50 mimutes to drive home. On a bad day easily 60 to 70 minute commute. A lot of the commute is stop and go traffic. A manual is just too much work.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:40 AM   #42
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyYou View Post
Some of us have no choice. My left leg won't handle a clutch anymore. My left ankle has some damage and doesn't bend properly and too much pressure is painful. For most of my life I drove a manual transmission and I believe everybody should at least learn how to do it. Maybe they should limit sales of automatic transmissions to people who can show a need for it (like THAT will ever happen...lol).
I agree that they are fine for people with disabilities
Old 12-20-2008, 08:41 PM   #43
tigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by max View Post
i agree that they are fine for people with disabilities
disabilities have nothing to do with it. I own a stick and a auto. No mater whitch one i drive i drive the same. The car or truck has nothing to do with how some one "responsible" drives. It is the one behind the wheel doing the thinking not the car! I drive about 500 miles every day my truck does not tell me what to do, i do the thinking. Accedents happen thats life, some times it is the car/trucks fault things break. Every two hours i and the team stop for a safty insp. 2 of us walk around the truck and do a 120 pt. Insp sometimes we find things that need attn. That is why we do it. You would be suprised how often we see cars on the road with things hanging off of them draging the ground, or lights out my truck does not move if it has a light out, and if there is a safty issue we get it fixed before the truck moves. It is the driver who makes it safe or not.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:10 PM   #44
WhyYou

A lot of people drive an automatic with one foot on the gas pedal and one foot on the brake (watch for cars going uphill with their brake lights on). It should be driven using only one foot. Using both feet will cause a bad poblem in a panic stop situation. Both feet will push the pedals down at the same time making the car go faster while it's trying to stop.