FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2008, 04:58 AM   #1
luv2mtnbike
Danielle Junkie

Default Sports

Who are your favorite teams or favorite sports? For me this is my favorite time of year, baseball is almost over and college football is going strong. My team since I was a little kid is the Georgia Bulldogs. Its a tough week for us we have #8 Alabama at home. Gooooooooooooooooooooooo Dogs!!!!

Besides football, love to watch Hockey. I spent 3 years in Ohio south of Detroit and got to go see the Red Wings and that was amazing. We have the Thrashers here in Atlanta so that is fun to see also.
luv2mtnbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:06 AM   #2
laranger

Send a message via Yahoo to laranger

My 2ed favorite sport to watch is "hockey", big Colorado Avalanche fan here. I am pretty much home based for my sports teams, Broncos, Rockies, Colorado University.

My mostest favorite sport is usually considered an indoor sport but can happen outside as well, it's call making love.
laranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:14 AM   #3
luv2mtnbike
Danielle Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by laranger View Post
My 2ed favorite sport to watch is "hockey", big Colorado Avalanche fan here. I am pretty much home based for my sports teams, Broncos, Rockies, Colorado University.

My mostest favorite sport is usually considered an indoor sport but can happen outside as well, it's call making love.
The "Avs" Oh NO!!! We are mortal enemies now lol. Just kidding. I lived in Ohio from 96 to 98 and if I remember correctly the Avs and Red-Wings met in the Western Conference finals every year during that time. That is one of the best rivalries in sports. I hated Claude Lemiux back then lol.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:37 AM   #4
laranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2mtnbike View Post
I hated Claude Lemiux back then lol.
Bet ya still hate him. Ya have to at least give him credit for making Chris Draper a much better looking person after allowing him to kiss that glass post at the bench. God, I never miss an Avs and Deadthings game.
laranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:51 AM   #5
luv2mtnbike
Danielle Junkie

Okay I just read this on ESPN, truly a sad day for any UGA fan. Our long time radio-announcer, Larry Munson retired today. Larry turns 86 on Sunday the 28th and has called UGA games for 43 years. I posted a link to him calling the end of the UGA-UF game in 1980 probably his most famous call of all time. Bless you Mr Munson for 43 unforgetable years painting a picture with your words like no other.

Retirement story Espn> http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3603144

Infamous UGA/UF 1980 call "Run Lindsey Run" > http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vOhWVvsrq5k
Old 09-23-2008, 07:46 AM   #6
ugo
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband

Me typhus the Bengals of Football.

Is the American sports always based on these three sporting phenomenons? Correct to ask.
I adore the light athletic of the Americans.

Does someone like the soccer? I am sick of this sport to kicks.
ugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:39 AM   #7
WhyYou
Lead Moderator (deceased)

I'm not much of a sports fan. I'll watch bowl games because they are usually really good games but I don't follow any particular team. I can't say I hate any sports, they just don't interest me. Except car racing. Give me a car race and I'll diligently watch those little cars go round and round the track until the cows come home...lol! Hockey's not too bad, there's usually more action going on. Baseball is ok, I've seen several live games in New York's Shea Stadium, Philadelphia's stadium (don't remember the name of the stadium), and San Diego Padre's stadium. I followed the Padre's when they won their division title after coming up from behind. That was an exciting season. I also like to watch soccer. There's not much soccer televised here.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:56 AM   #8
ugo

In Italy it is a real illness of soccer. We say a twin of Brazil. But Europe in general ( west) it is practising and lover of soccer.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:24 PM   #9
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

For what its worth, I rarely miss the World Cup. When I was a kid, I got to see the San Jose Earthquakes play, as well as the Colorado Caribou. I played soccer (fullback & halfback) from 8 -12 (far from great), but really loved swimming. If its on, I watch it. AS much as I respect Michael Phelps, though, Natalie Coughlin is far and away the best all-round swimmer the US has had in I don;t know how many years. I also respected Gary Hall, Jr. because in part he's T2 diabetic and despite what his doctors told him--that he'd never swim in the Olympics again--he did in Athens in '04, and he was over 30 at the time, too. I swam 'fly & the IM competitively from 8-14 back in Colorado--really great times! And I was on a team that used an indoor pool so even when it was snowing outside, we still had practices and meets. And when I was a teen, I took up golf which was really fun--I loved sand traps! Gimme a sand trap and I could have the ball back out within 2 strokes. Most of the time I handicapped myself with just a 5-iron to drive, a sand wedge or 9-iron and my putter, then pushed hard to make par. Alright, so I rarely (maybe never) made par with those clubs, but it was fun trying!
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:19 PM   #10
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

Being a keen golfer. The only sport i watch is golf. I won't mention the Ryder cup. Except to say i feel sorry for Faldo.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/in_d...pen/836545.stm
Old 09-27-2008, 07:20 AM   #11
laranger

Quote:
The "Avs" Oh NO!!! We are mortal enemies now lol. Just kidding. I lived in Ohio from 96 to 98 and if I remember correctly the Avs and Red-Wings met in the Western Conference finals every year during that time. That is one of the best rivalries in sports. I hated Claude Lemiux back then lol.
How about a FYI for ya. Check this out. http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_10561570
Old 10-09-2008, 12:37 AM   #12
Max

Default Sports

What are everyone's favorite sports teams?
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:42 AM   #13
ugo

Soccer italian : Italy, Juventus and Lecce.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:51 AM   #14
geolarson2

Man United & Sheffield. Personally, I prefer Aussie rules (Melbourne). They aren't always easy to find on TV here in the States though, but when I find them, I watch (not as much fun as playing though).
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:41 AM   #15
Max

Carolina Panthers, Steve Smith and Jake Delhomme are an excellent combo for an offense.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:00 AM   #16
ugo

Being of different cultures in the theme of sports, I would like to know if someone comments the sporting difference between the American soccer and the American rugby.
How do you see the passion of the American people on these two sports?
Even if there is the passion for the baseball or the boxing or the basket. What according to me they are the most popular of the American sporting passion.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:55 AM   #17
King Richard
Danielle Fan

Send a message via MSN to King Richard

Golfing is great, not only to watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart View Post
Being a keen golfer. The only sport i watch is golf. I won't mention the Ryder cup. Except to say i feel sorry for Faldo.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/in_d...pen/836545.stm
King Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:23 AM   #18
Max

Quote:
The Red Wings, always have been a problem for my Predators. I've been a Predators fan ever since they came to Nashville in 1998
Old 10-10-2008, 02:38 AM   #19
dtstuff9
Danielle Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
The Red Wings, always have been a problem for my Predators. I've been a Predators fan ever since they came to Nashville in 1998
Well the Red Wings just had a hiccup with my Leafs tonight. Sad to lose to a team that expects nothing this season.
dtstuff9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:38 AM   #20
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyYou View Post
I'm not much of a sports fan. I'll watch bowl games because they are usually really good games but I don't follow any particular team. I can't say I hate any sports, they just don't interest me. Except car racing. Give me a car race and I'll diligently watch those little cars go round and round the track until the cows come home...lol! Hockey's not too bad, there's usually more action going on. Baseball is ok, I've seen several live games in New York's Shea Stadium, Philadelphia's stadium (don't remember the name of the stadium), and San Diego Padre's stadium. I followed the Padre's when they won their division title after coming up from behind. That was an exciting season. I also like to watch soccer. There's not much soccer televised here.
What's up with the bowl games? Unless it's the national championship, the two teams are playing for nothing, and the game is only being played for money. They are the NFL equivilant of watching KC play Oakland, I mean there is bad, then there's awful, if you're gonna be bad, and not playoff capable, at least be awful, because those two teams are gonna play again this season, and they are both awful. They are basically the same thing as preseason games.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:39 AM   #21
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstuff9 View Post
Well the Red Wings just had a hiccup with my Leafs tonight. Sad to lose to a team that expects nothing this season.
Well, I hope the Preds won't lose to the Blues this year, the blues have been awful in years past.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:16 PM   #22
lora
Danielle Junkie

bedroom sports
Old 10-12-2008, 01:13 PM   #23
mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lora View Post
bedroom sports
Bedroom sports!!!. I usually get a low score in those events lol.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:38 AM   #24
lora
Danielle Junkie

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart View Post
Bedroom sports!!!. I usually get a low score in those events lol.
i am pretty good in that department a true professional
Old 10-16-2008, 06:38 PM   #25
mart

Quote:

I think it's all in the timing. If only my watch wasn't so fast.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #26
Geezer

Cool a true pro

Quote:
So, Lora, what makes you a "true professional?" Do you work in The Adult Industry? Any site we can see your "work?"
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:33 AM   #27
dtstuff9
Danielle Junkie

So....anybody think the Red Sox can pull it off?
dtstuff9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:20 PM   #28
indyfan
Dreaming of Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstuff9 View Post
So....anybody think the Red Sox can pull it off?
No, the Rays have a big home field advantage at Tropicana and they got a top notch starting pitcher for game 6. I'm a Cubs fan but I have been very impressed by the Rays this year.
indyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:36 AM   #29
Max

I quit watching baseball after Selig took over, and realligned the divisions to an unfair format.