Old 08-10-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
Immortal
In Love with Danielle

Send a message via Yahoo to Immortal
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegokid View Post
F--- REALITY TV!!!!!! I had to get that off my chest. Thanks
I agree! I'm not going to get started on what i think about reality TV. i will end up offending someone.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:19 PM   #3
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

So i take it you guys are not keen on reality tv ?. Good because i hate reality tv as well.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #4
Texasdrake
Danielle's Biggest Fan

At the beginning some of it was ok,but after awhile it became so lame.Seems like everyone and their dog has a reality show base on them.For the latest example a reality show "Hammertime" base on M C Hammer. Who gives a flying F**K about M C Hammer?
Old 08-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #5
mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasdrake View Post
At the beginning some of it was ok,but after awhile it became so lame.Seems like everyone and their dog has a reality show base on them.For the latest example a reality show "Hammertime" base on M C Hammer. Who gives a flying F**K about M C Hammer?

Who's McHammer?. But your right reality tv was ok when it first come out but like you say, there's just way too much now and it's completely lost any appeal.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:33 PM   #6
captnjack
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Well if they were called soap operas which most seem to be most men wouldn't watch them.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:09 AM   #7
Natal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasdrake View Post
Someone must, since he has a show.
Natal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:06 AM   #8
sandiegokid
Danielle Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
I agree! I'm not going to get started on what i think about reality TV. i will end up offending someone.
That is why I left my comment short and sweet (kinda like me ) Only "reality tv" I watch is The Amazing Race and I miss it most of the time.
sandiegokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:57 AM   #9
TheDoctor

NO. WON'T GET MARRIED. EVER. And have major hots on Sophie Simmons. Maybe I had a tad too much of Gene's "Jewels", the only reality TV show I watch today.
TheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:14 PM   #10
mart

In my opinion the biggest swear words on tv at the moment is BIG BROTHER!!! series 1-10 yes there's been 10 years of big brother on British tv and always with the same presenter Davina McCall who i can not stand. Because she is annoying and patronizing, i have tried watching it but it is pure rubbish. Apologies to any BB fans and Davina fans, if she's got any lol. Like i said just my opinion.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:58 AM   #11
Geezer

Default Reality TV

BIG BROTHER! OMG I love Big Brother. Follow the show on Sun, Tue, and Thu. nights plus on Twitter, Facebook, and Showtime's "Big Brother After Dark - uncensored."

I also love:
(1) Amazing Race
(2) Real World on MTV
(3) Real Chance of Love on VH1
(4) Survivor
(5) Bachelor and Bachelorette
(6) Dating in the Dark
(7) Megan Wants a Millionaire
(8) Rock of Love

The list goes on and on. I LOVE "Reality TV."

And, at 63, I am NOT their main demographic.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #12
MrSnook
In Love with Danielle

BB USA is awesome. Can't wait till Jess or Nat get booted this week and Chima goes ape ****.

I'm fine with reality shows as long as they are in the summer when there isn't alot of origional programming.
If I had a pick of who to do a girl girl shoot with it would have to be either Renna, Melia, Michelle, Gabriella, Jesse, Kyla, Larysa, Leanne, Sarah Blake, Shana, Sonya, Sophie, Tori, Trista, Trisha or Zafira.
MrSnook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #13
geolarson2

I haven't watched a lot of reality TV, although I did watch part of that season of Big Brother (USA) with that doctor from Florida, and did watch the 2 seasons of Survivor with Rupert. I watched a couple seasons off-and-on of Deadliest Catch, caught a couple episodes of the show on lobstermen and watched an episode of the swordfishermen last night along with part of The Colony. That last had some interesting aspect to it, particularly where the experts commented on how the people in the experiment behaved, their motivations, &c. It may be more than a decade now since I feel like I was a true-blue social scientist, but even so there's a huge part of me that just loves getting into behaviours, motivations, &c. Oh, and for those who may remember my occasional genealogy ***-bit (and it is ***-bit--damn puritans & Victorians couldn't deal with just a little "***"! LMAO) there's supposed to be a new sort-of reality show coming to the US this fall (based on a BBC show) called Who Do You Think You Are? where each week a celeb's family tree is probed (much like that short gray guy Roger did to ...never mind! Have to have watched American Dad to get that one, probably) to see what sort of skeletons or nuts are in there.

Last edited by geolarson2; 08-12-2009 at 06:38 PM.
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #14
YetAnotherDave
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Send a message via ICQ to YetAnotherDave Send a message via MSN to YetAnotherDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by geolarson2 View Post
I haven't watched a lot of reality TV, although I did watch part of that season of Big Brother (USA) with that doctor from Florida, and did watch the 2 seasons of Survivor with Rupert. I watched a couple seasons off-and-on of Deadliest Catch, caught a couple episodes of the show on lobstermen and watched an episode of the swordfishermen last night along with part of The Colony. That last had some interesting aspect to it, particularly where the experts commented on how the people in the experiment behaved, their motivations, &c. It may be more than a decade now since I feel like I was a true-blue social scientist, but even so there's a huge part of me that just loves getting into behaviours, motivations, &c. Oh, and for those who may remember my occasional genealogy ***-bit (and it is ***-bit--damn puritans & Victorians couldn't deal with just a little "***"! LMAO) there's supposed to be a new sort-of reality show coming to the US this fall (based on a BBC show) called Who Do You Think You Are? where each week a celeb's family tree is probed (much like that short gray guy Roger did to ...never mind! Have to have watched American Dad to get that one, probably) to see what sort of skeletons or nuts are in there.
Well I can honestly say I haven't watched a single episode of Big Brother in the 10 years it's been in UK, nor any of the "talent" shows that sadly proliferate on British TV. I have watched with great enjoyment Who Do You Think You Are? That will be worthwhile I promise.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:18 AM   #15
geolarson2

Forgot the 1 bit of I guess its reality TV that I do watch: Ghost Hunters. I've been hooked since they did a live thing at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park CO (aka, home, or thereabouts).
Old 08-13-2009, 05:22 AM   #16
geolarson2

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDave View Post
Well I can honestly say I haven't watched a single episode of Big Brother in the 10 years it's been in UK, nor any of the "talent" shows that sadly proliferate on British TV. I have watched with great enjoyment Who Do You Think You Are? That will be worthwhile I promise.
I have no doubt. I've done a lot of genealogy myself, including some of the folks in the BBC show where there's a New England element (that would be Boris Johnson & Jodie Kidd). I understand the US version will kick off with Lisa Kudrow (who's responsible for bringing the show to the US), Susan Sarandon & Sarah Jessica Parker. We'll see how it goes (few UK shows wind up doing well here, one exception I can think of off hand was All in the Family).
Old 08-13-2009, 11:53 PM   #17
WhyYou
Lead Moderator (deceased)

What I don't like is a reality show, like Ghost Hunters, on a channel that is supposed to be a fiction channel. It was the SciFi channel but now it's the SyFy channel. SciFi stood for Science FICTION. What the heck does SyFy stand for???
Old 08-14-2009, 12:35 AM   #18
geolarson2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyYou View Post
What I don't like is a reality show, like Ghost Hunters, on a channel that is supposed to be a fiction channel. It was the SciFi channel but now it's the SyFy channel. SciFi stood for Science FICTION. What the heck does SyFy stand for???
I do see your point ...especially with other channels in the same family as SyFy (& yep, I hate the name change there, too--seems like someone on Madison Ave needed something "clever" to justify their bonus). Of course I also got irritated many years ago when Bio Channel started showing re-runs of Murder She Wrote and other sitcoms. Having said that, I do like Ghost Hunters in part because of their approach (as opposed to the folks from the British show hosted by Yvette Fielding).
Old 08-14-2009, 12:36 AM   #19
Immortal
In Love with Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyYou View Post
It stands for "Syience Fyction".
Old 08-14-2009, 02:50 AM   #20
Danifan2009
Danielle Fan

Big Grin

Americas next top model! need i say more?
Old 08-14-2009, 03:22 AM   #21
Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danifan2009 View Post
Yeah! Add that one to my long list of faves, also. Who can resist all that ugly cat fighting and chicks running around in their underwear?
Old 08-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #22
mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danifan2009 View Post
Never heard of it, but sounds quite good. Well according to Geezers post it does. so i take it, it's about some kind of modelling school?.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:22 AM   #23
geolarson2

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDave View Post
WDYTYA? was, I understand, originally to star airing this past April, but I just got a tweet yesterday from them saying they'll be premiering the US version in 2010 now. Makes me wonder if A. they're having Parkinson-style problems (i.e., too many "dull" ancestors or B. folk like me have already done a lot of the research so there's not much for them to do that would interest folks like me (yeah, right!).

Que sera sera (now if only someone would put that to music, something with a good funky beat. Wonder what Sly Stone's up to ...?)
Old 08-27-2009, 12:24 AM   #24
Samype
Just Visiting

Default Reality TV

OK guys lets discus dis topic,

What do you think finding ure Mr/Mrs right on internet/ or reality? which one is better
which one works better?

so yea tell us which one works better
Samype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #25
Immortal
In Love with Danielle

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samype View Post
OK guys lets discus dis topic,

What do you think finding ure Mr/Mrs right on internet/ or reality? which one is better
which one works better?

so yea tell us which one works better
I found my "Mrs right" on the net. Although i thought i never would. "Reality" never worked for me, I met one "Crack Pot" after another.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:49 PM   #26
seshu
Danielle Fan

Default Bad reality show

I hate reality show.Because some TVs showing family reality shows based on that most of the families taking divorce. This is very bad news.

Moderator removed link.
seshu is offline   Reply With Quote