Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > Main Category > Lia's Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #1
FTVGirls_Rob
Administrator

Default Lia is now a Vivid contract girl

from http://www.gfy.com/showthread.php?t=921247

INTERNET SUPERSTAR LIA MAKES MOVE TO HARDCORE AS NEWEST VIVID GIRL

Marks First Time Web Sensation Moves from Successful Single Girl Site (www.lia19.com) to Make Adult Movies

Vivid Girl Lia
photo courtesy of www.lia19.com

LOS ANGELES – (August 12, 2009) - Lia, a blonde beauty who is best known to fans of her wildly successful www.lia19.com site where she poses as a fresh faced model, has taken a giant step and signed as the newest Vivid Girl, says Steven Hirsch, co-chairman of Vivid Entertainment, the leading adult film company.

The Scottsdale, AZ native was a mainstream model and is already a web sensation and has tens of thousands of members to her site with whom she feels she has a close relationship. Lia19.com is the solo site of www.FTVGirls.com , a web powerhouse.

“I think one of the reasons that my site is so popular is because I don’t hold anything back. Sure, it helps that I look good, I’m all natural, I’m tattoo free and I love my fans,” says Lia. I don’t take them for granted for a minute however, and really work at making them happy with new, sexy content.

“I’m very excited as to how they will react to my move to hardcore. A few fans may be freaked out about it, in which case I’ll tell them it’s still me. You’re just seeing me in a new light, so give it a chance. I think, however, that most of my fans will be downright eager to see my first film.”

Lia says she has been thinking about becoming an adult actress for Vivid for a while, but until recently she was too shy to ask for a meeting.

"After I watched the Showtime series "Deeper Throat" (a reality TV program that told the story of how Vivid updated the concept of the classic adult film) I realized Steven Hirsch might be approachable," says Lia. "A meeting was arranged and he wasn't intimidating at all. I'm so glad I finally got up the nerve to meet him, but more important I'm thrilled he thought I have what it takes to be a Vivid contract actress. Now I'm super-excited about making my first movie with the best company. It will be my first everything on camera and I am going for it because I don't want to have any regrets about not trying."

"We were not only impressed with Lia's enthusiasm to be a contract actress with Vivid, but with her accomplishments as a web entrepreneur," said Hirsch. "She has a loyal following of fans from her site and she's taken careful steps in her career from a mainstream to bikini to nude model. Now that she's ready for hardcore, we're happy to welcome her."

Lia, who says she considers herself outgoing, open-minded and easy to get along with, runs through her personal profile: "I'm definitely a girl who is one of the guys. I love sports. I was a swimmer, lifeguard and water polo player in high school. I got into golf while I was modeling and found out I'm pretty good. I think my handicap is around 12 now and If I wasn't pursuing a career in adult, I'd try to get better and earn my living playing golf. Even though I'm from Arizona I'm a diehard New York Giants fan and I'm always wearing my grungy old Giant jersey. I watch ESPN and the Discovery and History Channels. I'm a gamer (favorite game: 'Resident Evil'). I operate my own business and even photograph the models for the website. On the other hand, I love being a girl, love to shop and collect Coco Chanel clothes and accessories."

She says she prefers dating older men because they "have confidence, which is very appealing to me. They don't have to be that much older, but they have to show me that they're in charge. If I had to choose between a lineman or a quarterback, it would be the lineman every time. I don't like pretty boys and I'm turned on by a kiss on the back of my neck. I'd love to have sex with Jeremy Shockey of the New Orleans Saints--if he was interested."

“Lia is young, gorgeous, sexy and a web superstar. She’s already an iconic presence in her respective niche and I’m thrilled about her doing hardcore. I know that she will be a huge hit on www.vivid.com . She’s going going to make a great Vivid Girl,” said Airek, operations manager for Vivid at Webquest.

Looking ahead Lia says "My goal is to leverage my time with Vivid into building a bigger web presence. I've built a great foundation for my company and I want to add to it. I earn a good living but really wanted to try the adult movie business and it had to be with Vivid or not at all."
Old 08-12-2009, 03:47 PM   #2
FTVGirls_Rob
Administrator

Unfortunately I only found out about this last week, and she even told me she wasn't doing hardcore, according to that announcement, she is doing hardcore?
Old 08-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #3
MrSnook
In Love with Danielle

Does she have a name picked out? I have to think there are a few Lia's out there already.
If I had a pick of who to do a girl girl shoot with it would have to be either Renna, Melia, Michelle, Gabriella, Jesse, Kyla, Larysa, Leanne, Sarah Blake, Shana, Sonya, Sophie, Tori, Trista, Trisha or Zafira.
MrSnook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #4
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

I think that's a good for her. I seem to recall her mentioning weighing options either here or maybe in an interview before. If this is where her heart and head tell her to go, so be it. Whether with Ms Alison's retirement and pursuit of a fresh start and new career, or Ms Danielle's balancing her site with her education, family and friends, or with Ms Lia's decision to move to Vivid and, I guess, hardcore, they all have my respect. Paz & cheers to you, Ms Lia, and, much as I hate putting it like this, break a leg!
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:12 PM   #5
dave
Dreaming of Danielle

Does anyone know when Lia is going to appear on VIVID.COM and under what name or is going to continue to use her FTV name, all the best to Lia a brave decision to move to Hardcore cant wait
Old 08-12-2009, 09:20 PM   #6
YetAnotherDave
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Send a message via ICQ to YetAnotherDave Send a message via MSN to YetAnotherDave

Following the link in Rob's original post all I can say is that "Man they get vicious on those forums" and what'sall this about 2003 or is that an indelicate question?

All I will say is good luck and hopefully we'll get kept posted.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #7
Anoree

Wow, that is a big surprise, at least for me. I never would have guessed she'd go that route.
But as I wrote in the "Lia?" thread, I wish Lia all the best with her new career.
I also hope she'll stay (in touch) with us.
Anoree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:28 PM   #8
Danielle Junkie

Awesome news, but Vivid is boring. (Not saying I'm not going to watch though )

"It will be my first everything..." - Perhaps those fine folks at gfy are griping about that statement since she has taken HC photos in the past.

"...I'm thrilled he thought I have what it takes to be a Vivid contract actress..." - This is a no brainer, not necessarily because she has what it takes but simply because of the sure fire interest and revenue this will bring about.

Jeremy Shockey = Grade A Moron

Last edited by 615; 08-12-2009 at 10:35 PM.
615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:43 PM   #9
danielle_ftv
Administrator

Wow...congrats Lia.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:03 PM   #10
TJHooker
In Love with Danielle

Also on Vivid's site at

http://www.vivid.com/news/09-08-12
TJHooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:46 PM   #11
FTVLia19
In Love with Danielle

Hi everybody, I know some of you maybe confused about the news, but maybe explaining where I was coming from might help with your concerns. Please understand I am not running away from my brand or FTV. FTV is my comfort zone and my family so it stepping away isn’t the easiest thing. (even if its because of bettering my career) I told Rob about my decision before the press release because I respect what we have done together and how far we have come. Wanted him to hear it from me and not by reading it online. Plus I thought he would be happy for me. I have gone above and beyond when it comes to being true to my brand and a model you can count on and trust. Plus he is on work overload and Lia19.com is not something that is a priority. Which is understandable. But I need to think about what I want to do. I think everybody wants me just to stay put and be ok with staying level that I have reached. This industry in front or behind the lens is what I want to do for a very long time. And it is time I moved on to the next level. Lia19.com isn’t about advancing. I need to do what’s right for me. Nobody takes care of me but me. Plus I haven’t remembered the last time I was so excited about something. Vivid is awesome and doesn’t want to put any issues between my site and me. So I still plan on being around and a part FTV. Helping out whenever needed and sharing stuff with all of you. Details will come with time. This all new for me too. But I plan on sharing all the good things to come with all the amazing fans and friends I have from FTV and my site.
FTVLia19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:19 AM   #12
Danielle Junkie

Thumbs up

Do your thing Lia.

Another thing, say "No" to implants if they ever bring them up.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:27 AM   #13
TheDoctor

Thumbs up

So, this is what the long wait was about. Glad you finally made up your mind.

Now, best of luck, go ahead, rock it and BREAK A LEG!

Can't wait to see your new material, even if mere trailers, samplers or teasers...

Last edited by TheDoctor; 08-13-2009 at 12:29 AM.
TheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:54 AM   #14
Natal

Wow, that is surprising. Well, maybe not I suppose, it kind of makes sense in a way. Anyway, best wishes Lia, I hope it works out well for you.

Who is that Eddie guy btw? The folks on that thread really don't seem to like him.
Natal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:24 AM   #15
grande351

Wow Lia! That's big news indeed!

I sorta figured something was up since you haven't been around here for a long while. Vivid is the most recognized name in adult films, so becoming one of their contract girls is quite an accomplishment. The move to hardcore might cost you some of your fans, but you have to do what's best for you, even if it means leaving the comfort of Lia19. You're a great girl and I wish you all the best.
grande351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:29 AM   #16
grande351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natal View Post
Wow, that is surprising. Well, maybe not I suppose, it kind of makes sense in a way. Anyway, best wishes Lia, I hope it works out well for you.

Who is that Eddie guy btw? The folks on that thread really don't seem to like him.
The Eddie they're referring to is Eddie Coates and he's a real a-hole from what I've read. He claims to have some Hardcore footage of Lia and has been trying to sell it for years. As far as I know, it's never surfaced anywhere so it's probably complete BS.
grande351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:00 AM   #17
captnjack

Congrats Vivid girl I wish you the best with your career! Muah Girl!
Old 08-13-2009, 05:26 AM   #18
geolarson2

You've got this one life, so live it for as long as you may. Push your boundaries, take those chances, Ms L. You have and always shall have my respect. Paz!
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:50 AM   #19
willi
In Love with Danielle

... the next level !!!
wish you the best and hold you all thumbs !

willi
willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:37 AM   #20
laranger

Send a message via Yahoo to laranger

Good luck Lia, subscription cancelled.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:57 AM   #21
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

Even though i'm not into b/g hardcore, best of luck Lia.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:12 AM   #22
Satir
Dreaming of Danielle

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by laranger View Post
subscription cancelled.
Sorry but what do you mean?
Old 08-14-2009, 06:13 AM   #23
Natal

Well, if she is under contract with someone else, she isnt going to be doing any more updates on her site. So there is no point to continue subscribing to it.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:01 AM   #24
Satir
Dreaming of Danielle

Its always pity to see FTV girl in hardcore movie. Dunno why may be FTV girls are so innocent and so... yours.
I was dissapointed when had seen Zeba in hardcore.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:53 AM   #25
laranger

Send a message via Yahoo to laranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satir View Post
Sorry but what do you mean?
Simple, no updates on her website, she has left FTV behind to do hardcore. I have no further use to pay her for services rendered, that will never happen.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:04 PM   #26
Danielle Junkie

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satir View Post
...FTV girls are so innocent...
That's in your head. There are a lot of girls who've posed for FTV that have also done HC at one time or another.

Quote:
Simple, no updates on her website, she has left FTV behind to do hardcore. I have no further use to pay her for services rendered, that will never happen.
So you're simply upset that she is doing boy/girl scenes now (?) as her website has only updated like five times for 2009. Regardless of her new direction I am surprised she still had any regular members to her seemingly defunct site.

Lia, if you still visit this board please keep me informed on when you shoot your new stuff and when it will be released.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:06 PM   #27
Texasdrake
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Default Lia Gone Hardcore?

I'm surprise Lia's going hardcore,but then again I was floored when I discovered Danielle's hardcore b/g video before she done FTV.Guess nothing should surprise me anymore.I probably will check out Lia's upcumming hardcore movies mostly out of couriosity and the shock value of seeing someone whom I thought would never go to the "Dark Side".
Old 08-14-2009, 08:58 PM   #28
Satir
Dreaming of Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasdrake View Post
Danielle's hardcore b/g video
wow share the link please
Old 08-15-2009, 05:17 PM   #29
FTVfanatic
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 615 View Post
...as her website has only updated like five times for 2009.
Try rather ONE update for 2009 at Lia19.com (being the underwater/diving update).
FTVfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:44 PM   #30
FTVfanatic
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTVGirls_Rob View Post
Unfortunately I only found out about this last week, and she even told me she wasn't doing hardcore...
If that's true I'm sad to see she wasn't totally upfront and honest after all the years with FTV.

I mean, if you're jumping the ship to Vivid and starting to do hardcore why on earth try to hide the "little" detail of doing hardcore? After the (above quoted) press release it's not a secret anymore to anyone.

---

One hour later:

Reading the press release again it seems like no real credit is given to Rob's undeniable talent. It's all about Lia, her web presence and "the brand" she has created out of herself. I understand the press release is all about Lia and Vivid, but I still wanted to remind how it actually happened:

I personally think her brand (if you can call Lia a brand) has been built by Rob to a very large extent. We all know the work ethics and standards he has, and the meticuosly controlled quality at FTV. Of course Lia has worked hard as a model and with her own site, and she has assisted Rob for many years. She has a great personality and has been interacting with her members a lot when she was still active at her site. But her success and brand does not solely come from herself. She doesn't exist in vacuum. It's Rob that made her (and us, former members of her website). And for that, I'd like to thank you Rob. You gave Lia wings to fly.

With her own wings now she can do whatever she chooses to do. I'm a long-time fan of Lia, and will remain that way. I wish you, Lia, all the best with your future career. Go on girl! Fly high!

Last edited by FTVfanatic; 08-15-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:59 PM   #31
DWM222
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Wow..I guess I have been out of the loop..color me very "Surprised"

Well...I guess, for what its worth..."Good luck with your new mission Lia"
Old 08-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #32
rickaz
Danielle Fan

WOW
first time i was a member at ftv and i would see rob 's work it was clean and
done in good taste. Lia it's going to be your down fall. Sorry but if you look
at all the hardcore junk out there,you will see that the girls that are at first really happy and then they start to alittle this and alittle that, next thing you know your all wash up and they will throw you under the bus.
Lia i'm ready sorry your going to do this. i hope went you find out the mistake you made, that your real fans are still there.

ROB PLEASE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, YOU HAVE A GREAT SITE.
It's the reason i keep signing up for your site.
i'll cancel my subscripton to lia site TODAY.
rickaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:04 PM   #33
Anoree

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickaz View Post
Lia it's going to be your down fall.
[...]
i hope went you find out the mistake you made, that your real fans are still there.

[...]
i'll cancel my subscripton to lia site TODAY.
While many pornstars, especially the young newcomers, go to the dogs in this business easily, I do think strong women CAN survive it.
I believe Lia IS such a strong woman and thought about this step thoroughly. She's old enough do know when to say "No!" and I'm sure she has her share of contacts who tell her about the Dos and Don'ts. I'm pretty sure she was able to put some of her own conditions into the contract she made with Vivid, including the room to continue her own website.

I'll let my subscription to Lia's site run for at least a while. I still haven't seen all of her updates. (That may take another year or so, at my current rate of watching. )

Last edited by Anoree; 08-16-2009 at 07:43 PM. Reason: quote cut
Old 08-16-2009, 04:05 PM   #34
FTVfanatic
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
...Lia it's going to be your down fall.
Maybe she will prove you wrong. Maybe.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:00 PM   #35
CK1
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Lia is not an 18 year old girl breaking into the business for the first time. she has been around and has seen the business from the inside for a long time. so if anyone can make it work it is her.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #36
Natal

Quote:
Sorry but if you look
at all the hardcore junk out there,you will see that the girls that are at first really happy and then they start to alittle this and alittle that, next thing you know your all wash up and they will throw you under the bus.
The problem with those girls is that they start really young and typically they have some underlying serious mental/emotional issues. I think at first they put on a cheery facade to gloss over their pain but as they get older their underlying issues overwhelm them. Being in porn doesn't help, but in most cases its likely not the root cause for them becoming trainwrecks. It would have happened anyway, it just becomes being more public as a result of being in porn.

I remember reading a speech that Nina Hartley once gave (and I think she would have a good take on this) where she said that from her observation for some women, being in porn was an empowering experience, but for most it was personally devastating. She said that she allways advised young girls who were thinking about getting into the business to wait until they were about 25, then decide. At that point they would still be young, but emotionally mature enough to go into it with their eyes open. I doubt Lia was following Nina's advice (or was even aware of it), but if she was going to do hardcore, she appears to have gone about it in the right way.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #37
TheDoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
Lia is not an 18 year old girl breaking into the business for the first time. she has been around and has seen the business from the inside for a long time. so if anyone can make it work it is her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natal View Post
The problem with those girls is that they start really young and typically they have some underlying serious mental/emotional issues. I think at first they put on a cheery facade to gloss over their pain but as they get older their underlying issues overwhelm them. Being in porn doesn't help, but in most cases its likely not the root cause for them becoming trainwrecks. It would have happened anyway, it just becomes being more public as a result of being in porn.

I remember reading a speech that Nina Hartley once gave (and I think she would have a good take on this) where she said that from her observation for some women, being in porn was an empowering experience, but for most it was personally devastating. She said that she allways advised young girls who were thinking about getting into the business to wait until they were about 25, then decide. At that point they would still be young, but emotionally mature enough to go into it with their eyes open. I doubt Lia was following Nina's advice (or was even aware of it), but if she was going to do hardcore, she appears to have gone about it in the right way.
Boys, you HAVE TO BE RIGHT about Lia's harcore decision... if just for her sake.
TheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:02 AM   #38
rickaz
Danielle Fan

ok, some ftv girls have done hardcore.

BUT, they come to ftv to get a shoot, and rob puts all his work into it and they just leave. maybe it's because they can't get work or is it they were trying to pick and chose what they wanted to do,in the hardcore business.

again, i'm sorry to see this happen.
very hard business to be in ( hardcore ).
you know Rob, just keep looking for other girls like
Cari Banks, Allison,
rickaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:01 PM   #39
FTVfanatic
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoree View Post
...I'll let my subscription to Lia's site run for at least a while. I still haven't seen all of her updates. (That may take another year or so, at my current rate of watching. )
That's amazing. There has been just a couple updates during past 8 months at Lia's site, and You're still subscribing to it. You're a true fan!

If everyone was like you the economy would never slow down. You know: "Say no to recession. Subscribe to all FTV sites."
Old 08-17-2009, 10:34 PM   #40
Anoree

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTVfanatic View Post
That's amazing. There has been just a couple updates during past 8 months at Lia's site, and You're still subscribing to it. You're a true fan!

If everyone was like you the economy would never slow down. You know: "Say no to recession. Subscribe to all FTV sites."
See, and I'm serious about letting my subscription to Danielle's site run untill it closes down.

Lia's content I probably should start downloading and saving for future viewing and cancel my subscription if Lia doesn't put any new content on anymore. I hope she does, though. I'm a member of Lia's site from just last fall, and it still has tons of stuff I haven't seen yet.

Last edited by Anoree; 08-17-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:55 AM   #41
FTVGirls_Rob
Administrator

I'll be modifying Lia's members' area a bit -- I'll be re-organizing the coverpages so that the go in chronological order -- ie. the oldest stuff on top, newest on bottom. So people who are new to the site will see her beginnings first.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:53 AM   #42
FTVfanatic
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
I'll be modifying Lia's members' area a bit -- I'll be re-organizing the coverpages so that the go in chronological order...
That's a great idea. When I was still a member at Lia's site I was wondering why the updates had been disorganized. I mean, they are not in cronological order. I think the updates at Alison's site (as compared to Lia's) are better organized.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:14 PM   #43
FTVfanatic
Danielle's Biggest Fan

I just logged on to Alison's site and realized that Rob has already done the above mentioned change there: updates are now organized in cronological order so that the first updates are first, and the latest (last) updates at the bottom of the page. So, it's reversed to what it used to be. However, I think it works well.

If you do the same at Lia's site, I think it will be pretty good too. I'm not a member of Lia's currently so I have no way of knowing when it will be re-organized or if it already has been...
Old 08-21-2009, 06:11 PM   #44
seshu
Danielle Fan

I saw her site . It's very nice, I like her hardcore position. very interesting girl.

Moderator removed link
seshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:34 PM   #45
Danielle Junkie

Question

Quote:
I'll be modifying Lia's members' area a bit...
Aside for this are there any other plans for the site or is it pretty much like AA's now?