FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > Main Category > Danielle Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2011, 04:31 AM   #1
PhotoHobo
Just Visiting

Default Qualities you as a model look for in a photographer

Hi Danielle,
My name is John, and I'm a photographer, thinking about getting into the adult biz. I have plenty of experience under my belt working with people and shooting glamour, but my experience lacks in the more explicit side. I'm wondering what qualities you as a model look for in photographers when you pose for them?
Eg. Do you want one with a sense of humor? One that gives you a lot of instruction? One that stays quiet and lets you act on your own?
Also if your opinion would have been different when you started out, compared to now as an experienced model, I'd like to hear about that too.
Thanks in advance!

John
PhotoHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:10 AM   #2
danielle_ftv
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoHobo View Post
Hi Danielle,
My name is John, and I'm a photographer, thinking about getting into the adult biz. I have plenty of experience under my belt working with people and shooting glamour, but my experience lacks in the more explicit side. I'm wondering what qualities you as a model look for in photographers when you pose for them?
Eg. Do you want one with a sense of humor? One that gives you a lot of instruction? One that stays quiet and lets you act on your own?
Also if your opinion would have been different when you started out, compared to now as an experienced model, I'd like to hear about that too.
Thanks in advance!

John
Okay so hopefully this makes sense. It's 2 in the morning and I've been screwing around with my computer for a while trying to get the internet working (so I'm a bit tired and muddle headed).

These are great questions. I do like it when a photographer gives me a lot of direction. I am not okay with a pervy photographer or one that tries to sleep with me (keep it professional...people will respect you more for that and want to shoot with you again if you do so). Do not ever touch the models unless given permission to do so. Having a sense of humor is great...it lightens things up a bit. Actually being talkative in general is a good thing. I tend to take on the emotions/feelings that the photographer has (if he's shy, I start acting shy...if he's irritable, I start acting irritable).

One thing I hate is when a photographer takes a million pictures of me in the same pose just at slightly different angles. Switching things up is really good. You want to constantly keep the shoot moving and going rather than just sticking to one pose or one angle. That's one of the reasons why I love shooting for FTVRob and my current photographer...because it's so fast paced so you really don't have time to sit around and get bored. Have your lights and everything set up as best as possible before hand.

Try to keep the conversation professional (though the model will probably talk about whatever he/she wants). Giving compliments during the shoot is great. I also like it when a photographer will pose me in the most flattering manner possible. You should really keep an eye out on "problem" parts on the model (ie the stomach, thighs, etc.) and try to constantly angle the model's body or the camera a different way to get the best photo possible. That's one thing a lot of photographers I've shot with don't seem to do which always kind of irritates me. If you notice the model isn't posing in a flattering way just direct her to pose in a different way. Most likely she won't even realize that the pose she was doing was a bad one.

Don't try to force the model into doing something he/she isn't into. I can't remember ever having dealt with that before but then again I was always super open to doing anything during shoots. If you want the model to try something that he/she isn't too comfortable with don't be pushy about it but definitely mention it (maybe at the beginning and then let her warm up to the idea during the shoot). I know that if I was having fun during a shoot I am more likely to be more open to what the photographer wants me to do.

I haven't shot with another photographer besides my website photographers in forever. I think I just got bored with it....and because of a lot of the reasons listed above. I personally would be more than happy to start shooting again with new photographers if they moved/shot as quick as my current photographer does.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:12 AM   #3
Dan4life
Dreaming of Danielle

hi danielle i was wondering what characteristics are you looking for in a photographer. who knows i probably have those quailites that actually relate to a photograher actually its a pretty easy job.
Dan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:30 AM   #4
Anoree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan4life View Post
hi danielle i was wondering what characteristics are you looking for in a photographer. who knows i probably have those quailites that actually relate to a photograher actually its a pretty easy job.
Isn't that what has just been answered in the previous post?
Anoree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:12 AM   #5
danielle_ftv
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan4life View Post
In my opinion photography is not an easy skill at all. I've tried learning it and couldn't. I honestly think you have to have an "eye" for it and have to practice and learn all you can about it to be a good photographer.