FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2008, 03:44 PM   #1
dave
Dreaming of Danielle

Default New Car for Rob Maybe??????

have just taken a look at the website posted by Rob with Lambo accident http://www.253mph.com/lambocrash/accidentrep.AVI, Sorry to hear about that was a lovley car, any wat cut the crap www.253mph.com takes you to this Bugatti Veyron -- Factory Tour & 200 Mile Drive. So my question is? Is that you Rob in the pictures and you thinking about buying one??????

Last edited by danielle_ftv; 11-08-2008 at 05:41 PM.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:25 AM   #2
Max
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Gimme some of the specifics, I'm a big car guy.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:43 AM   #3
WhyYou
Lead Moderator (deceased)

Last I knew, Rob's Bugatti Veyron has been ordered.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:34 AM   #4
ugo
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband

I adore the Bugatti (after the Ferrari)!! I would like to hope to buy her.

I am happy that Rob has ordered him.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:33 AM   #5
ugo

The embarrassment of my choice.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:53 PM   #6
Geezer

Default A new car

If it doesn't cost AT LEAST $150,000, I'm sure Rob won't be interested!
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:52 AM   #7
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

Bugatti Veyron
253 mph 0-60 in 2.5 secs alumium narrow angle w16 engine with 10001 hp
Only $1.444.000
Seems a nice little runabout.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:01 AM   #8
ugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart View Post
Bugatti Veyron
253 mph 0-60 in 2.5 secs alumium narrow angle w16 engine with 10001 hp
Only $1.444.000
Seems a nice little runabout.

As is nice this Bugatti Veyron, Mart!
I could take a trip in America's, and to meet Danielle and Rob.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #9
mart

I was gonna buy that Bugatti Veyron but they didn't have it in my colour. So i told them to forget it. I'm not going to pay $1.444.000 if it's not in red.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:27 PM   #10
T-bone Thomas
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
I was gonna buy that Bugatti Veyron but they didn't have it in my colour. So i told them to forget it. I'm not going to pay $1.444.000 if it's not in red.
Rob's Bugatti Veyron is not red. It is silver and grey. So no chance for you Mart to buy it second hand from Rob, lol.
T-bone Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:24 AM   #11
indyfan
Dreaming of Danielle

The Bugatti Veyron is one extreme machine!
indyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:31 AM   #12
mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bone Thomas View Post
Rob's Bugatti Veyron is not red. It is silver and grey. So no chance for you Mart to buy it second hand from Rob, lol.
Well i drive a silver Audi. So maybe if the price is right.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:51 AM   #13
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyYou View Post
Last I knew, Rob's Bugatti Veyron has been ordered.
Believe it or not, I don't really care for that car. It doesn't really have a good look to it like some of the other sports cars, such as Ferraris and Lamborghini's, Gets worse fuel economy than an H2 Hummer, which is saying that it has too much horsepower. At full throttle, it gets 2 MPG which is terrible, even for a sports car. The 4 turbochargers (when not being used) would add to the fuel economy, but not much. I don't really think that this is really a car for driving as much as it is for show. The gear box is abysmal, and it doesn't even offer a fully manual transmission, which is a necessity when buying a sports car in my opinion. Those semi-automatics seem to be just fake to me, and not a real car. I have always said that if you don't know how to drive a manual, get an automatic, it's one or the other. It is also about half of the weight of a hummer weighing in at over 4,000 Pounds. I would want a light car if I were to get a sports car, not a heavy one. I understand that fuel economy is not the biggest concern for sports car drivers, however, a little bit would be nice. This car can go 253 MPH, but that really isn't that great because of what you sacrifice for it. I would rather get a Honda S2000, because it is almost half the weight and it costs around 1/35 the cost of the veyron, and it doesn't get that bad of fuel economy. It seems like a car that the only thing about it that is important is top speed, not my car at all.

Last edited by Max; 12-24-2008 at 03:01 AM.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:17 PM   #14
tigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by max View Post
believe it or not, i don't really care for that car. It doesn't really have a good look to it like some of the other sports cars, such as ferraris and lamborghini's, gets worse fuel economy than an h2 hummer, which is saying that it has too much horsepower. At full throttle, it gets 2 mpg which is terrible, even for a sports car. The 4 turbochargers (when not being used) would add to the fuel economy, but not much. I don't really think that this is really a car for driving as much as it is for show. The gear box is abysmal, and it doesn't even offer a fully manual transmission, which is a necessity when buying a sports car in my opinion. Those semi-automatics seem to be just fake to me, and not a real car. I have always said that if you don't know how to drive a manual, get an automatic, it's one or the other. It is also about half of the weight of a hummer weighing in at over 4,000 pounds. I would want a light car if i were to get a sports car, not a heavy one. I understand that fuel economy is not the biggest concern for sports car drivers, however, a little bit would be nice. This car can go 253 mph, but that really isn't that great because of what you sacrifice for it. I would rather get a honda s2000, because it is almost half the weight and it costs around 1/35 the cost of the veyron, and it doesn't get that bad of fuel economy. It seems like a car that the only thing about it that is important is top speed, not my car at all.
then dont buy one!!!!!!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 09:49 PM   #15
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger View Post
then dont buy one!!!!!!!!
I'm just saying that I don't understand why anyone would want a car like that.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #16
FTVfanatic
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
I have a Bugatti Veyron 16.4 brochure with exterior color chart right infront of me. And to your delight, there seems to be multiple options with color red, e.g. Dark Red M / Light Red M.

So, now you can finally order yours
FTVfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #17
FTVfanatic
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
The gear box is abysmal, and it doesn't even offer a fully manual transmission, which is a necessity when buying a sports car in my opinion. Those semi-automatics seem to be just fake to me, and not a real car. It seems like a car that the only thing about it that is important is top speed, not my car at all.
Obviously, You have no clue what you are talking about. The seven-gear double-clutch gearbox of the Veyron is leeps ahead of all its competitors. And the whole car is so not about just top speed. As the designers said it: "The idea was to design a sportscar which would explore the limits of the technically possible and which would, in every respect, be committed to the extreme... to unite the passion of the designer, the skill of the engineer, absolute luxury and racing technology."

Please, don't put the word Honda in the same sentence with "Bugatti Veyron".
Old 01-04-2009, 05:02 PM   #18
mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTVfanatic View Post
I have a Bugatti Veyron 16.4 brochure with exterior color chart right infront of me. And to your delight, there seems to be multiple options with color red, e.g. Dark Red M / Light Red M.

So, now you can finally order yours
Now where did i put my chequebook?...mmmm.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:04 AM   #19
FTVGirls_Rob
Administrator

People think of the veyron as in top speed or horsepower, but like I tell everyone, its a lot more than that. The refinement and build quality/materials is exceptional, and the car was built from the ground up. The transmission for example, is exceptional and you won't understand how remarkable it is until you actually sit and drive.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:37 AM   #20
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTVfanatic View Post
Obviously, You have no clue what you are talking about. The seven-gear double-clutch gearbox of the Veyron is leeps ahead of all its competitors. And the whole car is so not about just top speed. As the designers said it: "The idea was to design a sportscar which would explore the limits of the technically possible and which would, in every respect, be committed to the extreme... to unite the passion of the designer, the skill of the engineer, absolute luxury and racing technology."

Please, don't put the word Honda in the same sentence with "Bugatti Veyron".
Good semi-automatic transmission is an oxymoron. In all essence, the gear box is similiar to that on my mother's 1998 Toyota Sienna (a mini van) which is awful. My question is why anyone would get any of these semi-automatic transmissions if they know how to shift properly.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:46 AM   #21
ugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTVGirls_Rob View Post
People think of the veyron as in top speed or horsepower, but like I tell everyone, its a lot more than that. The refinement and build quality/materials is exceptional, and the car was built from the ground up. The transmission for example, is exceptional and you won't understand how remarkable it is until you actually sit and drive.

Im agree much with Rob too, here thread.

The potential cars have indeed some unique technological particularities to the world.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #22
Longhornbill
Danielle Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTVGirls_Rob View Post
Sounds great!
Don't have a flat! An acquaintance of mine had one and the tab was 20K. They don't repair 'em. They send a new tire and wheel.

Don't you just love "tears in the ears" speed?
Longhornbill
Longhornbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #23
FTVfanatic
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
...In all essence, the gear box is similiar to that on my mother's 1998 Toyota Sienna (a mini van) which is awful. My question is why anyone would get any of these semi-automatic transmissions if they know how to shift properly.
I bet you are not an engineer. So, you claim a double-clutch gearbox "is similiar to that on my mother's 1998 Toyota Sienna (a mini van) which is awful."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct-Shift_Gearbox

OK. Let it be that way.

And why would someone opt for a DSG? Well, I can think of 8 reasons

"Extremely fast shift time of 8 milliseconds, when shifting to a gear ratio the transmission ECU is expecting"
Old 01-07-2009, 11:40 AM   #24
mart

Gearboxes seem to be an obsession with you Max. Are you a qualified engineer with all this information about transmissions?.