FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2008, 08:28 PM   #1
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

Unhappy No car for 7 days.

No car for 7 days!!!
I rashly promised a friend he could borrow my car anytime. Since he had his stolen a couple of months ago. He got paid out by the insurance company. But like most insurance companies it was nowhere near the true value of the car. To add to his bad luck. He had to use the payout to cover his late morgage payments. So a new car went straight out of the window But anyway he's asked if i meant my promise because he's like to take his family to Glasgow in Scotland. For a week for a family reunion. Only he can't afford to travel up to Scotland by coach. Plus the family would prefer a car rather than a coach anyway. So i said yes. I do feel a little bit gutted at such a rash promise. But a promise is a promise even though i didn't think it would be called on. He's been a great friend to me and has helped me out in the past. So it looks like public transport or cadging lifts all week lol.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:24 PM   #2
tigger
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband

Bummer. I let one of the guys on the fire dept. Barrow my pickup to get his new kitchen table and he backed into his poarch with the tailgate down , he replaced the tailgate but to this day there are 4 spindles missing on his poarch.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:27 PM   #3
laranger

Send a message via Yahoo to laranger

I like a man that is as good as his word. Those are the individuals you can do business with on a handshake.

Shows respect and self-worth.

Nicely done Mart.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:20 PM   #4
captnjack
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Like Laranger said a man is only as good as his word. If you can't depend on your friends in times of need who can you depend on. At least you should be able to sleep well knowing you have helped a friend in his time of need. Hope he doesn't let his teenage kids drive though!!!
Old 11-15-2008, 02:02 AM   #5
Texasdrake
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Yeah a man is only as good as his word.There was a time when a man's word was good as gold.At least next time you think before making promises that might put you in a bind. (LOL)
Funny thing just posted a new Thread a minute ago about maybe people on here being Jinxed.I gotten into a car accident today.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:23 AM   #6
eastbill
Danielle's Biggest Fan

admirable... to stand on your word. that is cool.
eastbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:28 AM   #7
MrSnook
In Love with Danielle

Your Friend is taking major advantage. Borrowing is taking the car to work for a day or to the grocery store. Your friend is putting you out and it's a dick move.
If I had a pick of who to do a girl girl shoot with it would have to be either Renna, Melia, Michelle, Gabriella, Jesse, Kyla, Larysa, Leanne, Sarah Blake, Shana, Sonya, Sophie, Tori, Trista, Trisha or Zafira.
MrSnook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:34 AM   #8
laranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSnook View Post
Your Friend is taking major advantage. Borrowing is taking the car to work for a day or to the grocery store. Your friend is putting you out and it's a dick move.
Ya missed this statment didn't ya.
Quote:
he's asked if i meant my promise because he's like to take his family to Glasgow in Scotland. For a week for a family reunion. Only he can't afford to travel up to Scotland by coach. Plus the family would prefer a car rather than a coach anyway. So i said yes.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:55 AM   #9
ugo

I know very well Mart!! Is indeed a good human person. I admire his "chat" with me.

In the life it needs to have trust and alone love to of the people that indeed understand the word "Respect and punctuality."
I have not had people that respect me. Just nobody!
And I have always been good and polite with everybody. Particularly my great love and respect for the women.
And in my job I have had to give different times my car to some colleagues (but I speak of the past). Luckily they have not ruined me my car (or other thing as the fines). And only a colleague (one of the bad dangerous) has always had the fixation to have my car to go to sexual appointments. The manager of the museum has never given importance to this serious thing on the job.

Is a shame those colleagues of my job!
Old 11-15-2008, 05:08 PM   #10
mart

Captnjack!. Luckly his kids are too young to drive. Being a 10 year lad and a 12 year old girl lol.
MrSnook!. I'm not sure what a "dick move" is. I'm assuming it's not a compliment lol. But then i value friends more than my car.
I think i can survive without a car for one week. What about non-drivers?. They seem to manage without a car. So i'm a non-driver for a week. I can handle that.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:18 PM   #11
ugo

Don't you know how much to walk without always using my car afoot love? Who of you it withstands without car?

I agree with what has said Mart.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:20 PM   #12
laranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugo View Post
Don't you know how much to walk without always using my car afoot love? Who of you it withstands without car?

I agree with what has said Mart.
I gave up my driving license voluntarily due to my eyesight slowly getting worse. I didn't wish to get get killed or to kill or injure someone else. I depend on my kids to do my shopping for me.

I may not get around very well, but don't hang around my kitchen and get in the way or I'll kick ya out.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:05 PM   #13
MrSnook
In Love with Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by laranger View Post
Ya missed this statment didn't ya.
Didn't miss that at all.

I have a question. When you offered to lend the car was your intention to let your friend have it for a week or more? Did you think he would just borrow it to run errands and have it back in a few hours.
If I had a pick of who to do a girl girl shoot with it would have to be either Renna, Melia, Michelle, Gabriella, Jesse, Kyla, Larysa, Leanne, Sarah Blake, Shana, Sonya, Sophie, Tori, Trista, Trisha or Zafira.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:14 PM   #14
mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSnook View Post
Didn't miss that at all.

I have a question. When you offered to lend the car was your intention to let your friend have it for a week or more? Did you think he would just borrow it to run errands and have it back in a few hours.
My friend was upfront and asked if he could borrow it for a week. Especially when he told me why he wanted it. There was no way i would ever have said no.I've known him for several years and i fully trust him with the car. I have always believed in honesty and so do many of my friends.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:30 PM   #15
MrSnook
In Love with Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart View Post
My friend was upfront and asked if he could borrow it for a week.
I mean when you origionally offered to let him borrow.
Quote:
I rashly promised a friend he could borrow my car anytime.
Was your intent that it could be any length of time? What if he said two weeks? Or 3?

Another aspect is how often do you use your car. Do you drive to work everyday? You can live in a city like Chicago or New york and really never need a car and just use it for trips to the suburbs or special occasions.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:47 PM   #16
mart

MrSnook!. Admittedly i never thought he'd ever want to borrow it for a week. At the time i thought a day or two. But a family reunion is a good reason for me to let him have it. He can have it for as long as he needs. I am not possessive about my car and it wouldn't be the first time. I've lent my car to someone. and i do use the car for work everyday. I only live 5 miles from my work so i may even get my old bicycle out.The exercise won't do me any harm lol. Or catch a bus.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:30 AM   #17
DWM222
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Mart..I've heard that a little walking is good for you..Not having tried it for many years, I'm not sure..LOL
By the way, if you're just hanging around the house for a week, this would be a good time to get those 26 videos uploaded..hint...LOL I miss your your utube videos
Old 11-16-2008, 07:47 AM   #18
captnjack

Or even create a few more videos!

And maybe someone from the mill will give you a lift when they realize you are without a car.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:54 AM   #19
ugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by laranger View Post
I gave up my driving license voluntarily due to my eyesight slowly getting worse. I didn't wish to get get killed or to kill or injure someone else. I depend on my kids to do my shopping for me.

I may not get around very well, but don't hang around my kitchen and get in the way or I'll kick ya out.

I spoke if everybody is able of to walk in the city afoot. And not every day to go with the car to the near places. At times ago well to walk that instead to go crazy to find the parking lot.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:03 AM   #20
mart

No it's work as usual DMW222. I think Rob's still working on an upload link for my videos to this forum.
Getting to work won't really be a problem Captnjack. there's a few lads who go my way. Being forman i'm sure they'll only be too happy to give me a lift. Just to keep in my good books. Only joking.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:54 PM   #21
mart

Only two days to go for work and three days til i get my car back YES!!!. It's true what people say. You don't miss it til it's gone. I'm disappointed in myself that i'm actually missing that hunk of metal. So far i've not had to walk or even cycle to work. Which i'm glad about lol. Roll on Saturday.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:35 AM   #22
DWM222
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Only two days to go for work and three days til i get my car back YES!!!. It's true what people say. You don't miss it til it's gone. I'm disappointed in myself that i'm actually missing that hunk of metal. So far i've not had to walk or even cycle to work. Which i'm glad about lol. Roll on Saturday.
Mart...Just in time to go out Saturday nite...
Old 11-21-2008, 06:06 PM   #23
mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWM222 View Post
Mart...Just in time to go out Saturday nite...
It's a nice thought DWM222. But when i go out Friday or Saturday night. I like to have a drink. So the car stays at home because i don't drink and drive. It just isn't worth it. I have a few errands to do this weekend so i'll be pleased to have the car back. My friend called during the week. The reunion went well and they've been sightseeing. They thoughly enjoyed their stay in Glasgow. Which has pleased me as well. I didn't have to catch a single bus either lol. I may think twice in future about lending my car out for a week lol.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:06 AM   #24
mart

I have my car back and he had it cleaned inside and out. I can't believe how lost i felt without it.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:13 PM   #25
MrSnook
In Love with Danielle

Quote:
I have my car back and he had it cleaned inside and out. I can't believe how lost i felt without it.
i hope he also filled the tank
Old 11-23-2008, 09:21 PM   #26
grande351

Glad you got your car back in one piece. You did a really nice thing letting them borrow it, I don't know too many people who would have done the same.
Living in the US, there's virtually no way, short of begging friends and co-workers for rides, that I could give up my car for 7 days! I have a 90 (total) mile commute to where I work and we have no real public transport system where I live. I've made 5 trips to the UK and have always enjoyed riding the trains. I've never had a problem getting anywhere and I've never rented a car. The taxis can be very expensive though!
grande351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:11 PM   #27
mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by grande351 View Post
Glad you got your car back in one piece. You did a really nice thing letting them borrow it, I don't know too many people who would have done the same.
Living in the US, there's virtually no way, short of begging friends and co-workers for rides, that I could give up my car for 7 days! I have a 90 (total) mile commute to where I work and we have no real public transport system where I live. I've made 5 trips to the UK and have always enjoyed riding the trains. I've never had a problem getting anywhere and I've never rented a car. The taxis can be very expensive though!
Well i'm sure he would have done the same for me. 90 miles is a long way Grande351. Luckly i only live 5 miles from my works plus i have very good public transport in my area. On a nice Summer morning i have actually walked to work taking about an hour and half. But not too often though lol. I managed to get a lift every day. Most of England does have good public transport and i agree taxis here are very expensive. For example a bus to my works would cost £3.10 and a taxi £14. Taxi to London from Kent would be about £45 and a coach about £12.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:20 PM   #28
grande351

Quote:
Well i'm sure he would have done the same for me. 90 miles is a long way Grande351. Luckly i only live 5 miles from my works plus i have very good public transport in my area. On a nice Summer morning i have actually walked to work taking about an hour and half. But not too often though lol. I managed to get a lift every day. Most of England does have good public transport and i agree taxis here are very expensive. For example a bus to my works would cost £3.10 and a taxi £14. Taxi to London from Kent would be about £45 and a coach about £12.
Wow, I'd love to be able to walk to work. Around here business parks are usually a good way away from housing areas. When I've been to your country it's always been for work. Our sister company is in Watford and I always stay at a hotel that's less than a mile away. I really liked being able to walk to work. Besides that, I could use the excercise!
The last time I took a side trip down to Weybridge. I plotted the whole journey using the TFL website. It took a little over an hour, but I made it without a hitch. It felt great. The system is easy to figure out ever for a dumb American like me
grande351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:51 AM   #29
mart

Anyone who can use the TFL system and not get lost is certainly not dumb Grande351.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:45 PM   #30
Max

I know that this is a subject that I rant about but I am assuming that the stolen car was an automatic. A funny story that I heard was that a group of thugs mugged a man and stole his car. 3 blocks later, they abandoned the car, because they didn't know how to drive a manual transmission. This story is also true for most theives.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:42 PM   #31
mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I know that this is a subject that I rant about but I am assuming that the stolen car was an automatic. A funny story that I heard was that a group of thugs mugged a man and stole his car. 3 blocks later, they abandoned the car, because they didn't know how to drive a manual transmission. This story is also true for most theives.
No it wasn't an automatic Max. I love the story of the thugs stealing a manual and not being able to drive it lol.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:12 AM   #32
WhyYou
Lead Moderator (deceased)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Max, mart's car wasn't stolen. He lent it to his friend. You should read the whole thread before posting.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:58 PM   #33
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyYou View Post
Max, mart's car wasn't stolen. He lent it to his friend. You should read the whole thread before posting.
Dude, he said his friend's car was stolen
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #34
WhyYou
Lead Moderator (deceased)

Max...I suggest you quote what was said that you are answering to in order to aviod confusion.