FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2009, 03:34 AM   #1
WhyYou
Lead Moderator (deceased)

Default Farm Town

I have been playing a game called Farm Town in Facebook. It's a beta version with several glitches some of which are really funny. I have become very addicted to this game. I am now a level 27 farmer with the title "Extraordinary Farmer" and I will soon be up to level 28. Today I added a river running across the 2 lower fields of my farm. There is an island in the middle of the river as well as a fishing hole at the end just before the river leaves my land. There are pine trees and fruit trees along the river as well as several groups of flowers. I also have a real looking orchard covering about 1/4 of the land.

In this game you plow fields, plant seeds, wait until they grow to harvest, then hire workers to harvest your crops and plow your fields, then go to the marketplace to seel your harvest. Then you continue to plant, harvest, and plow your way to becoming a millionaire. I have seen some amazing farms set up and I am working my way to creating my own amazing farm.

Here is a picture of my farm:

Old 07-26-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

Looks good WhyYou, i remember as a kid i used spend time down my uncles farm helping with the harvesting, well actually it was more like messing around lol. Chasing the pigs and scaring the chickens lol. Eating as many apples as me and my brother could from the apple orchard. Always good memories. Sorry must stop waffling lol. Would you be able to add animals or is it just a plantation farm?.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:38 PM   #3
WhyYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart View Post
Looks good WhyYou, i remember as a kid i used spend time down my uncles farm helping with the harvesting, well actually it was more like messing around lol. Chasing the pigs and scaring the chickens lol. Eating as many apples as me and my brother could from the apple orchard. Always good memories. Sorry must stop waffling lol. Would you be able to add animals or is it just a plantation farm?.
Way up in the top corner there is a barn and around the barn, now really squashed together, are sheep, chickens, goats, llamas, one horse, and one cow. The animals are just for show, there is no market for them but they do move around and make their various sounds. Last night I added a farmhouse next to the barn (it really blocks the animals) so I had to rearrange a few things. I may sell the animals and the barn (they sell back to the game at a greatly reduced price) and extend the orchard all the way to the edge of my land. I may have to move the farmhouse to do it and rearrange some other items. So I'm not sure if I will actually do it. It's a lot of fun finding places for everything. But in the higher levels the profit margins of the seeds that are available are much better than the seeds available at the lower levels. So you don't need as much land to plant on and you will still make more money.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
mart

Really sounds a good game, plant some apple orchards for me WhyYou, i love apples lol. Oh and a couple of pear trees.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:21 PM   #5
mart

Oh i nearly forgot WhyYou, can we have a duckpond as well near the farmhouse?.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:34 AM   #6
WhyYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart View Post
Oh i nearly forgot WhyYou, can we have a duckpond as well near the farmhouse?.
That may appear in the future. I have to wait until I can plant pineapple seeds. They are the highest paying seeds in the game so I won't need as much farm land and I can add some more flavor to my farm.