FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2008, 11:46 PM   #1
WhyYou
Lead Moderator (deceased)

Default Strange Day Today

I woke up just fine this morning, took my meds, ate my prunes (yes...prunes), and then things started to go wrong. The first thing that happened was a bit frightening. I was sitting in my recliner breating my oxygen when all of a sudden...the oxygen stopped! This usually means a kink in the tube or something has fallen on the tube...but it wasn't either of those. I got up and followed the hose (it's 50 feet long and I drag it all over my apartment). In the kitchen I found my cat...chewing on the hose! She'd chewed it in several places puncturing several holes in it. I yelled at her then gathered up all of it and sat down to see how bad it was. The hose was ruined so I went to my bag of supplies...and found I didn't have a replacement hose!!! The medical equipment company is closed on the weekend so I had to figure out something quick. First I got on my oxygen bottle (I normally use the machine at home, the bottle is for when I'm out of my apartment). Then I checked the hose for punctures and tried to find some way of using the endpiece for connecting the nosepiece. But that didn't work. So I got a new nosepiece (which had an insertable end on it) and carved the end so that it was beveled a bit. Then I forced the cut end of the hose onto the insertable end. It wasn't easy but I finally managed to get it on. This took me most of the morning. Then I decided to install some new software that I wanted to use for computer maintainence. It took forever with my firewall defense popping up for each thing that the installer wanted to do. In the middle of it all I got an important update download that further complicated things. Then the updater and installer needed to restart my computer. I must have restarted my computer at least 10 times today just to update one thing and install 2 things. I nearly bashed the cpu a few times because it was running so slowly. But everything worked out in the end and now my computer is safer and a little faster than it was.

Ok...that's a long post...bored yet? LOL!