FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2008, 08:07 AM   #1
laranger

Send a message via Yahoo to laranger
Default Hey Tigg;

May I get ya to share your secret's for cooking, cleaning your "Dutch Ovens"? Are they cast-iron, SS or non-stick? I'll work on try to get ya to share some recipes later. Thank ya kindly.
laranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:46 AM   #2
WhyYou
Lead Moderator (deceased)

So what is the actual topic for this thread? Tigger?...Cooking?...Cleaning dutch ovens?...Recipies? The topic could be anything remotely related to "Hey Tigg"...how would you suggest I pick a topic for me to tell you to keep within?

I think this type of post would be better suited in a Visitor Message or a PM because it refers to an individual person in the title. Then, after some recipies are brought out, those recipies could be posted in the open forum under a thread titled "Recipies"

Does this sound reasonable?
Old 09-22-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
tigger
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by laranger View Post
may i get ya to share your secret's for cooking, cleaning your "dutch ovens"? Are they cast-iron, ss or non-stick? I'll work on try to get ya to share some recipes later. Thank ya kindly.
mine are cast-iron. You have to properly season them befor they can be used. And they just wipe clean with mild soap and water. To season them they must be clean, i use crisco and aply a light coat in and out and heat in oven for about 30 min at300 and then turn oven off and let cool about 1 hour. At this point you can use them after the first cupple cookings clean and season again . After the 3rd seasoning you can use them all year, and for the most part they just wipe clean. Just keep them dry as thay will rust varry easy. I have moister things that i put in mine. You can get them at enny gun store. They absorb the moisture that may colect in them they work great. I got my dutch ovens at cabelas. I have the entire louis and clark edition. They are great. And they are affordable. 1/2 the price of lodge and same quality. Never put cold water in a hot oven ,it will shater or crack and be junk. I have a hole slue of resipies i would be glad to shair. Maby we should start a cooking thread im sure others have some they would like to add. And it would make whyyou happy. JUST A LITTLE SIDE NOTE DONT SEASON THEM IN THE HOUSE IT SMELLS RILLY BAD. I USE MY BBQ GRILL JUST DONT GET TOO HOT WILL BURN SEASONING OFF.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0030.jpg (17.6 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by tigger; 09-22-2008 at 01:04 PM.
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote