FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions

Old 09-16-2008, 05:09 AM   #1
luv2mtnbike
Danielle Junkie

Default Favorite Music

This question is for Danielle and everyone else. Danielle I know as far music you listed you like techno and modern rock. Any specific bands?

My favorites are: RadioHead, Wilco, The Talking Heads, The Replacements (Truly a great great band, wonderful lyrics) and Miles Davis. Danielle if you have an iPod I recommend searching and downloading The Replacements song "Achin' to Be". If you do let me know if you like it.
luv2mtnbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:31 AM   #2
laranger

Send a message via Yahoo to laranger

Well, I'm not Danielle but I fall into the other category. My choice is "Country" first, then after that I just like selected music.
laranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:55 AM   #3
WhyYou
Lead Moderator (deceased)

I grew up in the 60's and early 70's. My preferred music is 60's Folk and Rock N Roll, 70's Rock, plus I like Contemporary Country and Country Rock. I like most types of music except for Rap and Opera. There's even some Disco that I like. But after the 70's it's based on individual artists and/or individual songs rather than a wide selection of music types.

P.S. I also like a lot of 50's Rock N Roll
Old 09-16-2008, 01:32 PM   #4
DWM222
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2mtnbike View Post
This question is for Danielle and everyone else. Danielle I know as far music you listed you like techno and modern rock. Any specific bands?

My favorites are: RadioHead, Wilco, The Talking Heads, The Replacements (Truly a great great band, wonderful lyrics) and Miles Davis. Danielle if you have an iPod I recommend searching and downloading The Replacements song "Achin' to Be". If you do let me know if you like it.
I'm a "Country Boy" myself.......Welcome to the board luv2mtnbike..
DWM222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:40 PM   #5
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Smile

I'll toss my couple dimes in here (inflation--2 cents' doesn't cut it anymore).

I'm eclectic. I like a bit of most things. From early rock late 50s/early 60s), I like The Righteous Brothers & early Beatles, mid 60s-70s rock I like the Grateful Dead, The Eagles, Crosby, Stills, Nash (and Young if he's up for it), Alice Cooper, The Doors, Queen, ABBA, &c. Late 70s through 80s, I like Talking Heads, U2, The Clash, Sex Pistols, REM, &c., &c.

90s, its U2, again, plus Nirvana, The Offspring, Radiohead, Kelly Clarkson, &c., &c.

2000s, its Coldplay leading the pack. There's also a bit more "fun stuff" in recent years, i.e., The Pussycat Dolls, Katie Perry, and so on.

I like some country. There are times I love bluegrass, especially Blue Kentucky Moon. For the most part, though, its Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson for me.

With the Blues, its Janis Joplin for me (I can't get enough of Me & Bobby McGee--if I remember right, Janis & Kris were distantly related; a bit of a coincidence maybe), plus Leadbelly (I love Good Night, Irene), some Muddy Waters & Bo Diddly, too.

For jazz, Miles leads the way, followed by John Coltraine, Dave Brubeck and Harry Connick, Jr.

There's nothing like P-Funk to pick you up and make you wanna stomp!

I love classical, too. Mozart's Requiem, Bethoven's 7th Symphony (1st movement) & 9th Symphony (in toto), Bach, Handel's Water Music, and right up towards the top, Pachelbel's Canon in D Minor.

Ravi Shankar & Israel Kamakawiwo'ole are great, as are the Black-Eyed Peas, Wyclef, Lauryn Hill (gotta love Doo Wop), solo or as The Fugees. Storm Large, as Storm Inc or Storm & the Balls, reggae, ...Music's just good.

There's not much I don't like, or can't find something good in, whether its Tibetan monks chanting, Balinese gamalan or something directly from Africa, whether tribal or modern from Ladysmith Black Mambazo to Fela Kuti or his son, Femi. Its all good.

Last edited by geolarson2; 09-19-2008 at 11:18 PM.
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:28 PM   #6
geolarson2

Thumbs up

I don't know how I could do it, but I forgot--at the top of any list of favourite music I may ever make must go Walden Robert Cassotto, aka Bobby Darin. Gotta love Bobby, gotta love Mack the Knife and gotta love Beyond the Sea, perhaps the only song my niece doesn't cringe at when I sing, but joins right in with me.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:16 PM   #7
captnjack

Geolarson2 I haven't heard Mac the Knife in quite some time. I like a variety last few years been listening to bluegrass a lot.

Which reminds me. What is the difference between a violin and a fiddle?

A redneck of course!
captnjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:24 AM   #8
atticsaurus
Danielle Fan

Send a message via AIM to atticsaurus

blues/country/rock is my flavors, although I like most things if they are done well and with enthusiasm

1. Blues - Stevie Ray Vaughn (rest in peace).
2. Country - Kelly Willis, Willie Nelson, Reckless Kelly
3. A little bit of everything - Shelby Lynne, Guy Forsythe
4. Shakira... I swear I listen to the music and its not just because she belly dances and has a beautiful bum
5. Rock Rock - Pink Floyd (Just heard Richard Wright passed away yesterday ), Foo Fighters (current favorites)
atticsaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:49 PM   #9
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

I have a very wide taste when it comes to music. From classical to techno and that's wide lol. I don't really have a favourite style of music. Basically i like most music.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:16 AM   #10
luv2mtnbike
Danielle Junkie

I am very excited I am going to see Singer/Songwriter Ray Lamontagne in concert on the 18th in Atlanta. You may know him for his song "Trouble" from his first CD.
luv2mtnbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:07 PM   #11
BledAngelShadow
Danielle Junkie

I am a metal fan. BIG metal fan lol. I would make a list, but chances are nobody has heard of most of the stuff I like though =(.. well, here is me trying :P

All That Remains, Taproot, Fear Factory, In Flames, Soilwork, Korn (old school stuff), Orgy, Silent Civilian, Spineshank, Mushroomhead, Five Finger Death Punch, Killswitch Engage, Opeth, Trivium.. and so on and so forth :P
BledAngelShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:24 AM   #12
danielle_ftv
Administrator

Korn is awesome. Taproot is amazing. Killswitch Engage, totally cool. And don't even get me started on All That Remains. How about Darkest Hour? We have very similar interests in music, though I like a lot of music not just metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BledAngelShadow View Post
I am a metal fan. BIG metal fan lol. I would make a list, but chances are nobody has heard of most of the stuff I like though =(.. well, here is me trying :P

All That Remains, Taproot, Fear Factory, In Flames, Soilwork, Korn (old school stuff), Orgy, Silent Civilian, Spineshank, Mushroomhead, Five Finger Death Punch, Killswitch Engage, Opeth, Trivium.. and so on and so forth :P
Old 10-08-2008, 02:50 AM   #13
BledAngelShadow
Danielle Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle_ftv View Post
Korn is awesome. Taproot is amazing. Killswitch Engage, totally cool. And don't even get me started on All That Remains. How about Darkest Hour? We have very similar interests in music, though I like a lot of music not just metal.
I love Darkest Hour. Then again, I love most all metal based music (with a select few exceptions). We do have similar music taste =D. I like a massive variety of rock/industrial/expiramental based music too, and select few rap artists (mostly the old school stuff). I grew up listening to stuff like Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Sevendust, Deftones, Fear Factory and whatnot.

What kind of music did you grow up listening to Danielle?
Old 10-08-2008, 04:52 AM   #14
Plankton
Danielle Fan

You know you are old when the music you listened to in college and later is referred to as things people grew up with.

My musical tastes are funk metal (Faith no More, Infectious Grooves, older Chili Peppers, etc...), 80s and 90s metal (not Hair stuff, the real stuff: pre black album Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, etc...), 80s and 90s alternative (REM, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails, etc...) and of course Rush, the greatest rock trio ever. I don't mind rap, hip hop, and dance music as long as it has a good bass groove.
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:17 AM   #15
WhyYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
You know you are old when the music you listened to in college and later is referred to as things people grew up with.
You REALLY know you're old when you tell people what bands you like best and they get a puzzled look on their face and say..."Never heard of them" lol!

I grew up in the 60's, my main music is 60's and 70's Rock 'N Roll and Folk. A lot of bands, too many to name, a few are CCR (Creedence Clearwater Revival), Allman Brothers, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Pink Floyd, and The Doobie Brothers. I also like a lot of 50's Rock 'N Roll and more recent Country Rock (sometimes called Contemporay Country). I like a lot of other types of music too (almost everything except Rap and Opera), but my favorite is what I mentioned previously.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:34 AM   #16
laranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyYou View Post
You REALLY know you're old when you tell people what bands you like best and they get a puzzled look on their face and say..."Never heard of them" lol!

I grew up in the 60's, my main music is 60's and 70's Rock 'N Roll and Folk. A lot of bands, too many to name, a few are CCR (Creedence Clearwater Revival), Allman Brothers, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Pink Floyd, and The Doobie Brothers. I also like a lot of 50's Rock 'N Roll and more recent Country Rock (sometimes called Contemporay Country). I like a lot of other types of music too (almost everything except Rap and Opera), but my favorite is what I mentioned previously.
CCR rules, even to this day. My favorite was "Lookin' Out my Back Door" and 2ed was "Bad Moon Rising."
Old 10-08-2008, 05:50 AM   #17
WhyYou

My favorite CCR songs are Who'll Stop The Rain, Have You Ever Seen The Rain, Proud Mary, and Lodi (did you know that the beats and timing of Who'll Stop The Rain and Proud Mary nearly coincide and the could be sung together and it would sound good?).
Old 10-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #18
Max

Metallica Rules!! (as well as system)
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #19
geolarson2

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle_ftv View Post
I remember Korn & Orgy! (I think my brother "borrowed" my Orgy CD--yep, had to go check my box). I used to listen to Rammstein & Prodigy, too. I hadn;t thought about any of that for so long now, so big thanks to both BledAngelShadow & Danielle for that. Oh, and WhyYou & laranger--I may have been born in CO, may have spent some really nice years living in Greeley, but most of my life was spent in the SF Bay Area, where if you spent even a day or two in the 70s, you had to come out of it as a CCR fan. (Plus the Dead, Janis, Steve Miller ...) Beautiful sounds!
Old 10-08-2008, 07:04 PM   #20
laranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by geolarson2 View Post
I remember Korn & Orgy! Oh, and WhyYou & laranger--I may have been born in CO, may have spent some really nice years living in Greeley, but most of my life was spent in the SF Bay Area,
My last time in the Bay area was when I was stationed there across the Bay Bridge in Alameda. That would have been in 1960. I am still living here in Colorful Colorado just west of Denver in Lakewood.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:34 PM   #21
raven_azrael
Dreaming of Danielle

Kittie, Whitin Temptation, AFI, Three days grace, Tripdavon, Evanescense, Green Day, NIrvana, SIlverchair, Letters to Cleo, Veruca Salt some of Papa Roach and older Korn stuff
raven_azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:44 AM   #22
BledAngelShadow
Danielle Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by geolarson2
I remember Korn & Orgy! (I think my brother "borrowed" my Orgy CD--yep, had to go check my box). I used to listen to Rammstein & Prodigy, too. I hadn;t thought about any of that for so long now, so big thanks to both BledAngelShadow & Danielle for that.!
no problem man. i miss Rammstein. I saw them live in Las Vegas on my 17th birthday, with Marilyn Manson, Nothingface, and furyisdying. amazing show!! i got to smoke a joint with a couple guys from Rammstein and with a couple of the guys from Nothingface. it was epic!! lol, my buddy spent like, 1000 bucks that weekend to get me to the concert, and get me a VIP pass. Rammstein is funny for guys who at the time, spoke almost no english :P

btw, anybody here that likes Metal based music into Pantera? great stuff man... R.I.P. dimebag.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:08 AM   #23
Plankton
Danielle Fan

Hard to believe I left Pantera off my list of metal, but yeah, I loved Pantera. They hit right when Metallica had gotten mainstream, and took it to another level.
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:36 AM   #24
wade
Board Newbie

My taste in music is all over the map, although it tends toward...well, anything with a guitar basically. Although I like a fair amount of hip-hop, also. The CD I'm listening to currently is With Blasphemy So Heartfelt by Jessica Lea Mayfield. Girl has an absolutely amazing voice. The last live show I went to was The Roots a couple weeks ago in Norfolk.
wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:49 AM   #25
SybianFan
Danielle Junkie

Send a message via AIM to SybianFan

What no hip hop fans?
SybianFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:39 AM   #26
laranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SybianFan View Post
What no hip hop fans?
Guess not, mostly Adults on this forum!!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:26 PM   #27
SybianFan
Danielle Junkie

Send a message via AIM to SybianFan

whoa. i was unaware we had a aspiring stand up comic as one of the administrators. I feel honored to be made fun of by you laranger.
SybianFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:03 AM   #28
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by SybianFan View Post
What no hip hop fans?
Mos Def is where it's at.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:08 AM   #29
traceyloves69
Banned

I'm a bit of an enigma as I like both Soul & Motown and old school Heavy Metal

Can you get any further apart in tatse.

As for why are there no Hip Hop fans on here I have to agree with Laranger

Love
TRACEY
xxx
traceyloves69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:17 AM   #30
grande351

I'm all over the map in what I like. Mostly older stuff, 60's, 70s, and 80's. I'll try anything, but don't really care for most of what passes as popular music today, i.e. modern country, top 40 "American Idol stuff, Hip-Hop. etc... Just too old to get it I guess.

Some of my favorite groups / artists are: Jethro Tull, XTC, Roxy Music, Beatles, Byrds, Indigo Girls, Loreena McKennitt, Steeleye Span, AC/DC, Queensryche, Rolling Stones, The Who, Grateful Dead, Black Sabbath, Fairport Convention, Sandy Denny, Collective Soul, Elvis Costello, Guns N Roses and so on...
grande351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:26 PM   #31
traceyloves69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grande351 View Post
I'm all over the map in what I like. Mostly older stuff, 60's, 70s, and 80's. I'll try anything, but don't really care for most of what passes as popular music today, i.e. modern country, top 40 "American Idol stuff, Hip-Hop. etc... Just too old to get it I guess.

Some of my favorite groups / artists are: Jethro Tull, XTC, Roxy Music, Beatles, Byrds, Indigo Girls, Loreena McKennitt, Steeleye Span, AC/DC, Queensryche, Rolling Stones, The Who, Grateful Dead, Black Sabbath, Fairport Convention, Sandy Denny, Collective Soul, Elvis Costello, Guns N Roses and so on...
Try this then:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f1cwycSWq0
traceyloves69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:38 PM   #32
Ryan
Dreaming of Danielle

I like adult alternative, adult contemporary, and modern rock. =)

I'm listening to Paramore right now.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:30 PM   #33
grande351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I like adult alternative, adult contemporary, and modern rock. =)

I'm listening to Paramore right now.
I like Paramore too. Hayley Williams has a powerful voice for such a small girl, she can really belt it out!
grande351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:40 AM   #34
shink1m
Danielle Junkie

I bang my head to metal music but I can also do some dance moves with hip hop. But mostly I'm a metalhead (check it - Slipknot, Metallica, Korn, too much to list here).

Right now I'm listening to Chris Brown's With You, Slipknot's Psychosocial, Red Hot Chili Peppers' Otherside, Kimura kaela's Snowdome and Lynrd Skynrd's Simple Man.

What's on your playlist now, guys?
shink1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:35 PM   #35
CK1
Danielle's Biggest Fan

I had not noticed this thread before. but for me i listed to everything. my CD collection ranges from Classic Rock to Classical. from Jazz to Pop. from Country to Blues. but i guess if i had to say what they have in common is that most of what i listen to is very guitar oriented. some things are not as much but then those are more melodic, like the classical music.
CK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:36 PM   #36
Max

I also have a tendency to listen to specific songs from different bands, but I don't really like those bands a whole lot. Planet Hell by Nightwish, and many others.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:58 AM   #37
JulioG22
Board Newbie

i love every type of music as long as i can understand it
JulioG22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #38
rgb randomizer
Board Newbie

Send a message via AIM to rgb randomizer

Post rock is probably one of the genres of music I listen to most, although I have been listening to hip hop lately.

I'm always up for new music. Right now its This is Your Captain Speaking, its pretty chill.
rgb randomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:19 PM   #39
the Dutch mountains
Dreaming of Danielle

I have a very wide musical taste. I like pretty much any music that is not made purely to make money. Music that was made purely for the money is usually easy to recognize, because all their tracks sound like they come from a template. And I don't like artists who have other people writing the lyrics and music. If it's not by your own hands, I's less genuine.

I like artists who try to take things to the next level. That sometimes means that you lose fans, or sell less records, but so be it. Artists like Recoil, Massive Attack, Muse, Korn, they have their own little thing that keeps them unique.

Electronic music is a big pool as well. Here in the Netherlands, Electronic music, especially the harder styles like hardcore, darkcore and industial hardcore are still a big thing, and some artists also try to take it to the next level, even though most people think it shouldn't even be called music. This created a whole new generation of music, which is a bit like abstract painting, you either love it or hate it. I personally love most of it. ( If you have no idea what this sounds like, I can post some links to samples )

If you want to know what I listen, have a look at my iTunes library:

http://www.antisound.nl/Musica/ ( warning: 2 MB )
the Dutch mountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:47 PM   #40
mart

"Chi Mia" such an incredibly beautiful piece of music. I don't know why, but i could listen to that all day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-CRONA_XUI
Old 05-09-2009, 02:53 AM   #41
Max

Faith No More
Three Days Grace
Disturbed
Old 08-08-2009, 12:37 AM   #42
Immortal
In Love with Danielle

Send a message via Yahoo to Immortal

For me it's Punk, Metal, and some rock. Black metal i have been listing to a lot lately.
Bands like Gorgoroth, Striborg, Immortal, (yes thats where i got my name).
Just too many to list.
Sorry Danielle, I don't like Korn.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:56 PM   #43
mart

I know why i've been whistling the late great Karen Carpenter's song "top of the world" at work all week, i just can't get it out of my head. Because it's such nice song and Karen had such a beautiful voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgnzNCSlfro
Old 08-28-2009, 07:55 PM   #44
dxhound2003
Dreaming of Danielle

Like most other people here I like lots of different music and the great thing is the older you get the more choice there is. I'm from Ireland so here is a clip combining two of my favourite genres Irish Traditonal and Bluegrass, Ricky Skaggs and the Chieftans from the Grand Ole Oprey. You Tube is great for finding fantastic live performances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QZ0eZ196SM
dxhound2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:12 PM   #45
Immortal
In Love with Danielle

Send a message via Yahoo to Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxhound2003 View Post
Like most other people here I like lots of different music and the great thing is the older you get the more choice there is. I'm from Ireland so here is a clip combining two of my favourite genres Irish Traditonal and Bluegrass, Ricky Skaggs and the Chieftans from the Grand Ole Oprey. You Tube is great for finding fantastic live performances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QZ0eZ196SM
Your right, the older you get to more vast your taste in music becomes
i for one like Irish, Celtic, Bluegrass, Honky tonk, good old R&B,
Even some classical as well as metal.

This video, is a bit extreme, I found this the other day and i love the sound of these guys. True Black metal from Norway. I heard Gorgoroth before i just never heard this song. If it offends anyone i'm sorry in advance. so if you don't like it, turn it off. If you do, TURN IT UP!!
Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFn26ntmSsg
Old 09-26-2009, 09:32 PM   #46
DWM222
Danielle's Biggest Fan

I listen to country for the most part, but I do have a bit of everything on the ipod, & being an old guy I like alot of 60's/70's rock stuff, especially Bob Seger...& during the day at work the music never gets shut off..& rarely in the evening either..I'm a music lover..couldn't live without it..

Here is one of my current favorites...Fell free to sing along..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB8Nkn3Xjes
Old 09-26-2009, 11:15 PM   #47
HEMI6point1
Board Newbie

As I posted in my first thread, I'm mainly a classic rock and blues listener but starting to get into metal more often now. Besides that, I like to get to at least a concert a year (Just saw Journey a couple of days ago).

Anyway, here are some of the artist in my CD collection:

AC/DC, the Beatles, the Beach Boys, Boston, Eric Clapton, John Fogerty, Billy Joel, Jimmy Hendrix, Jonny Lang, B.B. King, Led Zeppelin, Stevie Nicks, Shannon Curfman, Journey, RUSH, the Donnas, Van Halen, Joe Satriani, Stu Hamm, ZZ Top, Steve Vai, Eric Sardinas, STYX, The Darkness, Metallica, Whitesnake and Lita Ford, Orianthi, Billy Squier, plus many others. My current favorite artist is Stevie Ray Vaughan.
HEMI6point1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:25 AM   #48
mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWM222 View Post
I listen to country for the most part, but I do have a bit of everything on the ipod, & being an old guy I like alot of 60's/70's rock stuff, especially Bob Seger...& during the day at work the music never gets shut off..& rarely in the evening either..I'm a music lover..couldn't live without it..

Here is one of my current favorites...Fell free to sing along..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB8Nkn3Xjes
Thanks for the link, that's a great song and i did find myself singing along with it lol.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:38 PM   #49
mart

This song is quite special to me, because it brings back nice memories of the two sisters i lost and my childhood. It's Terry Jack's "Seasons in the sun".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvA-cOETP-A