FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
nexxus
Danielle Junkie

Default I'm baaaak so who are better drivers? Guys or Girls

Hey guys I am back after a long "vacation"

Yeah right... Our son Jacob was born April 25 so it's been all go go go...

Anyway

Who are better drivers, guys or girls?

Want to see what you guys think before I chime in.

I have raced V8 Development Cars, some circuit racing and have been an advanced driver trainer so I have pretty much seen it all but want to get some opinions first.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #2
laranger

Send a message via Yahoo to laranger

Welcome back nexxus, congrats on the new boy. I don't think that gender decides whom is the better driver, but I would tend to believe that the better drivers are the one's who pay attention to what they are doing. Not reading a map, talking on the phone etc.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:51 PM   #3
FTVGirls_Rob
Administrator

Men are better drivers.

And I don't mean training to be racecar drivers -- I'm talking about basic street driving, and etiquette.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:44 PM   #4
MrSnook
In Love with Danielle

Guys.

Better question. Worse drivers-Old people or teens?
If I had a pick of who to do a girl girl shoot with it would have to be either Renna, Melia, Michelle, Gabriella, Jesse, Kyla, Larysa, Leanne, Sarah Blake, Shana, Sonya, Sophie, Tori, Trista, Trisha or Zafira.
MrSnook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:45 PM   #5
captnjack
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Men but I think it has as much to do with age as with gender.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:47 PM   #6
laranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSnook View Post
Guys.

Better question. Worse drivers-Old people or teens?
And the only acceptable answer is "TEEN'S"
Old 10-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #7
MISSY
Danielle's Imaginary Girlfriend

I just pulled the stats for last year for just our team. we issued 2413 tickets 62 percent were men and only 8 percent were 21 and younger. thous are the numbers take it how you want it
MISSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 03:29 PM   #8
MISSY

Post Drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by laranger View Post
And the only acceptable answer is "TEEN'S"
Most of the tickets the teams issue for wreckles driving are over the age of 50 bolth men and women. that varrys by state but it is close
Old 10-17-2009, 09:59 PM   #9
Natal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSY View Post
I just pulled the stats for last year for just our team. we issued 2413 tickets 62 percent were men and only 8 percent were 21 and younger. thous are the numbers take it how you want it
And what is the breakdown of driving time among those groups? If men account for 75% of the driving time (for example) and account for 62% of the tickets, they would still better drivers even though they recieved the bulk of the tickets. Same deal with teens versus the rest. Teens overall probably account for a fairly small percentage of overall driving time, so 8% of tickets may actually be a huge number

You can't take a statistic like the one you gave and look at it in isolation because it doesn't have a reference point (which would be relative driving time) to judge it by.
Natal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:11 PM   #10
laranger

Quote:
Most of the tickets the teams issue for wreckles driving are over the age of 50 bolth men and women. that varrys by state but it is close
Sounds like profiling to me.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:55 AM   #11
MISSY

Quote:
Sounds like profiling to me.
when in dought empty the clip!
Old 10-18-2009, 12:59 AM   #12
MISSY

Im reloading!!!! lol
Old 10-18-2009, 09:07 AM   #13
nexxus
Danielle Junkie

Wow, a lot of generalising!

From my experience as a driver trainer, women are better drivers, at least young women are. Why? They listen and learn, we had a 85% failure rate on 18-25 yr old guys and a 52% failure rate among girls in the same age group, now keep in mind this was not an easy course.

Often we'd drive around a purpose built open area on asphalt, which had been watered (to simulate a wet road) and the instructor without warning was to yank the wheel and the student would need to safely stop the skid.

The amount of times I heard from guys "Oh my car would be fine, not like this piece of s.. Hyundai"

But if you can't handle a skid in a car with 50kw, heaven help you in a car 3 times as powerful.

A lot of drivers can drift onto a gravel shoulder on a road and the reflex action is to try and pull the car back onto the road abruptly, worst bloody thing you can do.

What makes a bad driver IMO is attitude firstly. If you believe you're an awesome driver chances are you're not.

I've done years of driver training, and I still think I can learn more. Perfect driver? Nope. Not even close. But I know enough to drive with the assumption that every other motorist has the potential to cause an accident at any time, and to drive aware and within my limits.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:27 PM   #14
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

Well i'd like to think men are generally better drivers, but my sister and Niece are in my opinion excellent drivers and yet my Nephew is definately not a good driver. Because he does drive fast and usually brakes late, occasionally braking hard so i'm thrown forward. His braking time is quite bad and just doesn't give himself time considering the traffic condition. Many times i have had a go at him about his braking style, i've even changed places with him to show him you don't have to slam the brakes to slow or stop. Pointing out you can stop by easing off the accerator and a little dab of brakes is quite suffient. He's just got that boy racer attitude which i hope will wear off soon. But i really wouldn't like to say which gender are the better drivers. I have seen bad drivers of both genders many a time on my travels.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:24 AM   #15
Max

I'm going to say men, I may seem sexist, but if I had a car, I would NEVER let a woman drive it, she can ride in it, but if she wants to learn how to drive it, too bad. I get yelled at for calling a girl a dumb *** for texting and driving, and all I have to say is I really don't care how you make a baby, if you text and drive you are a dumb ***. I already could use 3 arms to go into a turn, why would I want to have to need a 4th, you have to throw down the phone every 3 seconds, and you can't watch the road. Less men text and drive, therefore, I must say men are better drivers.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:02 AM   #16
Jeffrey99
Dreaming of Danielle

I think women and old people are the two worse of the questions being asked. While I will agree that younger people and texting is a horrible thing to do while driving, the fact is they are still more likely to see you then old people.

While on my motorcycle, I seem to find that women and older people seem to see me the least. Women seem to be more the type that will just pull out in front of you, while old people just seem to have no clue what's going on around them and will switch lines even if your there.

But as with anything this is all subjective. I'm sure there are great women drivers and horrible men drivers.
Jeffrey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:10 PM   #17
mart

Well i would guess it's problably about equal for good and bad drivers of both sexes. the debate on who the better drivers male or female will go on til the end of existence lol.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:41 PM   #18
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99 View Post
I think women and old people are the two worse of the questions being asked. While I will agree that younger people and texting is a horrible thing to do while driving, the fact is they are still more likely to see you then old people.

While on my motorcycle, I seem to find that women and older people seem to see me the least. Women seem to be more the type that will just pull out in front of you, while old people just seem to have no clue what's going on around them and will switch lines even if your there.

But as with anything this is all subjective. I'm sure there are great women drivers and horrible men drivers.
If I ever break it will be in traffic. When the person in front of me cuts me off, and I've just put the car into gear I am going to reach into my glovebox and shoot her, because it usually is a woman (because most of them can't figure out that I'm in a manual, and can't drive one) doing something like that is just stupid, stay in your lane in traffic, I can't stand it when people don't.

Last edited by Max; 11-30-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #19
laranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
If I ever break it will be in traffic. When the person in front of me cuts me off, and I've just put the car into gear I am going to reach into my glovebox and shoot her, because it usually is a woman (because most of them can't figure out that I'm in a manual, and can't drive one) doing something like that is just stupid, stay in your lane in traffic, I can't stand it when people don't.
Seems to me that if I read your post correctly, that YOU being out in traffic and driving a car that you are not qualified to drive, makes you the stupid one.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:32 PM   #20
Max

Quote:
Seems to me that if I read your post correctly, that YOU being out in traffic and driving a car that you are not qualified to drive, makes you the stupid one.
No, I'm just saying that it pisses me off, I know how to drive. No matter what car I'm in, I hate it when people can't decide what lane to be in while in traffic, I'm just saying it is more frustrating, when you've put the car into gear, and started to move, when someone cuts you off, and you have to slam on the brakes.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:41 PM   #21
Anoree

Driving a car from A to B is easy.
The real challenge is to do it while thinking for the one in front of you and for the one back from you, too. And for the ones on the lines beside you. You've got to be allways ready to hit the brakes.

Speaking of braking, while coming back from Austria I followed two cars driving at about 100 mph, when we approached a group of cars passing some trucks. (We've got to pass on the left lane here in Germany.)
Somehow, the accordeon effect hit full blast and I had to slam on the breaks to slow down from about 85 mph to 50 within a second. I left about 15 yards of gum on the left lane. Talk about a wakeup call.

It doesn't matter if you have XX or XY chromosomes. Both types do stupid things.

Thinking of it, I've seen more guys driving one-handed with the cellphone at their ear than I've seen women do that. That's a thing I can't understand. Bluetooth earplugs are available for half a tank full of fuel these days. If you've got to speak on the phone while driving use one of those, for heaven's sake!

Err ... sorry for the rant.

Last edited by Anoree; 11-30-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Anoree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:04 PM   #22
mart

Just saw the stupidest male driver ever, i popped out during lunchbreak to get a bite to eat and i'm following this Jaguar S-type R, thinking that's a nice car. Then i notice the guy is actually on his mobile and i could see a police car parked in a layby a little further up. So i'm thinking this guys gonna hang up, no, he carries on chatting. I slow down slightly knowing the police are gonna hopefully pull out when they see this stupid guy chatting on his phone, and sure enough they flash me to signal their pulling out just as the guy passes them. Quick turn of the siren and he pulls over. The stupidest part was when i passed this guy and the police, he was still chatting on the phone!, unbelievable!!!. Are nice looking Jaguar S-type R's except from road laws?, bloody hope not! lol.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #23
geolarson2

I see a lot of stupid things that stupid drivers do, but from a different angle it seems. I gave up my license a few years back rather than have another stroke or seizure and wind up plowing into a farmer's market full of old folks or through a crosswalk filled with kids. I walk most places now, so from the crosswalk pedestrian's viewpoint I know there are specific intersections where driver's just don't pay attention, and even when I have both the traffic light and the crosswalk light, I have a very good chance of coming close to getting hit (again) as I'm crossing the street. The morons do tend to be either older folks, or teens, either driving massive SUVs or pickups, or sports cars or coupes. Just earlier this week I was crossing this one intersection and a woman slid right through on the ice coming less than 3 feet from hitting me. Apparently she didn't understand that when it gets cold at night and warm during the day the snow melts and freezes making this thing called "ice" and that when this "ice" is on the road its a good thing to start slowing down well before you reach the intersection, even with anti-lock brakes and 4WD, not in the last 15 or so feet. At least no one got hurt that time ...
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:41 PM   #24
mart

Does make you wonder, if your safer driving or walking nowadays Geolarson2.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:26 PM   #25
tigger
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband

Max what you talked about happens to Tigger about 20 times a day try stoping 80,000 lbs while hauling high explosives and you know what Tigger puts up with every day. Missy
Old 12-18-2009, 08:28 PM   #26
geolarson2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart View Post
Does make you wonder, if your safer driving or walking nowadays Geolarson2.
In most cases, I'd rather walk. I do bike sometimes, and Reno has a number of bike lanes, but the number of cars & trucks I've seen using those bike lanes as additional parking spaces or additional motor lanes does surprise me. One thing I don't miss is the traffic and traffic jams. I can't tell you how often I'll leave my apartments walking to the store just a couple blocks away and get there before someone pulling out from the drive at the same manages to get there, find a parking spot, &c. ...
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #27
mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by geolarson2 View Post
In most cases, I'd rather walk. I do bike sometimes, and Reno has a number of bike lanes, but the number of cars & trucks I've seen using those bike lanes as additional parking spaces or additional motor lanes does surprise me. One thing I don't miss is the traffic and traffic jams. I can't tell you how often I'll leave my apartments walking to the store just a couple blocks away and get there before someone pulling out from the drive at the same manages to get there, find a parking spot, &c. ...
Very similar here, we have cycle lanes and i've lost count the times i see lorries even cars using or parked on them, which i find annoying and their usually guys who use or park on these cycle lanes. Guess some drivers are too stupid to realise these coloured lanes are for cycles only or just totally ignorant.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:51 PM   #28
tigger

Red face

We saw 18 wrecks today a few of them looked bad! the holiday ideots have hit the roads.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:48 PM   #29
Max

Quote:
I'm surprised that men were that low in percentage of given tickets. I talked to a cop, and he said that a lot of women get off of the hook solely for being cute (He doesn't do it though). Men are ugly, (yes I am ugly) so we have a higher risk of getting a ticket.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:06 PM   #30
tigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by max View Post
i'm surprised that men were that low in percentage of given tickets. I talked to a cop, and he said that a lot of women get off of the hook solely for being cute (he doesn't do it though). Men are ugly, (yes i am ugly) so we have a higher risk of getting a ticket.
that is the reason we have male and female in each vec. If they pull over a guy the guy gives the ticket if it is a girl the girl gives it. And everything is on video too.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:47 PM   #31
dougyang83
Danielle Fan

Smile

imho....

guys more fast, but girl more safety... hehehe
dougyang83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:13 PM   #32
FTVfanatic
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougyang83 View Post
imho....

guys more fast, but girl more safety... hehehe
Yes, but driving slow doesn't necessarily mean driving safely. But when driving slow the accident will hurt just a litle less (physically). The driving speed has less implication when colliding your Chevy with an exotic car. That will hurt you financially!
FTVfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:12 PM   #33
Anoree

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTVfanatic View Post
The driving speed has less implication when colliding your Chevy with an exotic car. That will hurt you financially!
Speaking of that ...

Rob, did you receive any compensation from (the insurance of) the woman who ran into your LP640?

Last edited by Anoree; 01-24-2010 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Thread link added
Anoree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:08 PM   #34
FTVfanatic
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Anoree, that accident was exactly the one I had in my mind when I wrote about "a Chevy colliding with an exotic". I just didn't recall it was a Huyndai! LOL

Anyways, it was truly sad to see the silver LP 640 being written-off so soon. Way too soon!
FTVfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:29 AM   #35
Rey C.
Danielle Junkie

There's an old joke about men having more accidents... and women causing more accidents.

Don't look at me funny - I didn't make the joke.
Rey C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:34 AM   #36
Max

Most of the women I know of are absolutely terrible drivers. There are some women who can drive well, But a very large number of girls my age text and drive, which implies that you can't drive.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:18 AM   #37
ugo

Im think the contrary ( to see boys triggered after the disco, or others that love as "the F.1" or motorbike ).
Old 02-07-2010, 07:53 PM   #38
titsrock
Danielle Junkie

Too lazy to look it up but I suspect Men are responsible for 80% of DUIs (whether caught or not).

Yes, women often leave a bar as a passenger in some guy's car. Yes, women still rock a tailgate hard but, again, are often driven home from a concert or sporting event.

I think the case can still be made that women don't end up drunk behind the wheel as often as men do.
titsrock is offline   Reply With Quote