FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Default Your Local Weather

We have birthdays, jokes, and all sorts of topics here, so I figured, why not weather?

To start things off, and to paraphrase something a guy named Jim Lovell once said, "Houston, we've got snow here." At about 10:30 this morning it started snowing for the first time since last March or April here in the Truckee South Meadows. At shortly after 6AM as I watched the sun rise over the Huffaker range to my east, I recalled that old nautical saying, "Red before night, sailor's delight; red before morning, sailor's warning." It was a red morning with clouds covering the sky east to west. When I went to bed last night, the sky was clear, the stars out showing very crisply. Last night the temp also dipped quite low--for the first time in months, the furnace actually kicked on (and it was turned down low). To BledAngelShadow, laranger & DWM222 and anyone else east of me and in this latitude, chances are its going to get cold your way soon, so break out those coats, gloves, hats, &c.! Think about it--snowboarding, skiing, tubing, &c., are maybe just a couple weeks away! Boo-yeah!
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
DWM222
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by geolarson2 View Post
We have birthdays, jokes, and all sorts of topics here, so I figured, why not weather?

To start things off, and to paraphrase something a guy named Jim Lovell once said, "Houston, we've got snow here." At about 10:30 this morning it started snowing for the first time since last March or April here in the Truckee South Meadows. At shortly after 6AM as I watched the sun rise over the Huffaker range to my east, I recalled that old nautical saying, "Red before night, sailor's delight; red before morning, sailor's warning." It was a red morning with clouds covering the sky east to west. When I went to bed last night, the sky was clear, the stars out showing very crisply. Last night the temp also dipped quite low--for the first time in months, the furnace actually kicked on (and it was turned down low). To BledAngelShadow, laranger & DWM222 and anyone else east of me and in this latitude, chances are its going to get cold your way soon, so break out those coats, gloves, hats, &c.! Think about it--snowboarding, skiing, tubing, &c., are maybe just a couple weeks away! Boo-yeah!
Its already cold here...bummer, I hate the cold
DWM222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #3
WhyYou
Lead Moderator (deceased)

Here in Missouri it's sunny and a nice 75 degrees with nighttime temps in the 50's.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:33 PM   #4
dtstuff9
Danielle Junkie

It's a beautiful 23°C (or 70 something for our American friends), sunny skies here in Toronto, Canada. Couldn't ask for a better long weekend in October.

Happy Thanksgiving!!! (Or Columbus Day for our neighbours to the south)
dtstuff9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:37 PM   #5
geolarson2

The snow yesterday turned to light hail then rain yesterday late afternoon/early evening, so the snow that had started sticking to the trees, grass, was melted away. On the up side (for me), the Sierra's are living up to their name now ("nevada" means snow-capped). Two weeks ago yesterday, I was down at the pool swimming; 1 week ago it got cold enough to break out the blankets; and now we're getting snow. This, BTW, is about 2-3 weeks earlier than usual.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:42 PM   #6
geolarson2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstuff9 View Post
It's a beautiful 23°C (or 70 something for our American friends), sunny skies here in Toronto, Canada. Couldn't ask for a better long weekend in October.

Happy Thanksgiving!!! (Or Columbus Day for our neighbours to the south)
Hey there, dtstuff9, Happy Thanksgiving to you! I have an old friend who lives up in Ottawa who works for HealthCanada. Her mom used to be an Assistant (or maybe it was Associate) Dean at York U.

Now, since this is a weather thread, let me just say Lucky! I hear its going to be a bad winter down here, but sincerely hope that you don't have such bad ice storms like a few years back! Now where did I put my Farmer's Almanac ...?
Old 10-11-2008, 10:59 PM   #7
geolarson2

I was looking out my window at the clouds heading east over the Huffaker range and suddenly realized: the weather I'm getting today was Geezer's weather yesterday. Tomorrow it'll be BledAngel Shadow's. The day after that, unless something another front pushes or pulls it aside, its going to go through where laranger & DWM222 live. Just saying ...

And after a morning & early afternoon with some blue skies, its all gone grey and the cloud ceiling has gone down a lot, with some particularly dark clouds thrown in there to boot! No snow here since yesterday, but the wind has that chill to it.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:58 AM   #8
DWM222
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by geolarson2 View Post
I was looking out my window at the clouds heading east over the Huffaker range and suddenly realized: the weather I'm getting today was Geezer's weather yesterday. Tomorrow it'll be BledAngel Shadow's. The day after that, unless something another front pushes or pulls it aside, its going to go through where laranger & DWM222 live. Just saying ...

And after a morning & early afternoon with some blue skies, its all gone grey and the cloud ceiling has gone down a lot, with some particularly dark clouds thrown in there to boot! No snow here since yesterday, but the wind has that chill to it.
I would appreciate it if you & Geezer could throw up some kind of barrier when you notice bad weather coming my way...It's been cold & rainy here..burrrrrrrr
DWM222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:27 AM   #9
Geezer

Cool Bay Area Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWM222 View Post
I would appreciate it if you & Geezer could throw up some kind of barrier when you notice bad weather coming my way...It's been cold & rainy here..burrrrrrrr
Hey! If I could block your weather I would. The past two days, it's been windy and cold here in the Bay Area. I know, I know, it's all "relative." But, when we are used to T-shirts and shorts weather and then it chills down to sweater and long pants, it's cold to us "locals."

In fact, I was planning to drive up to San Francisco today (Sat) for their annual "Fleet Week" but the winds postponed the Parade of Ships until tomorrow, Sunday. I'm not even sure if the Blue Angels were able to perform.

And... we had a very small earthquake yesterday afternoon. I was doing cardio at my gym and didn't feel it but read about it later on.
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:37 AM   #10
laranger

Send a message via Yahoo to laranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
In fact, I was planning to drive up to San Francisco today (Sat) for their annual "Fleet Week" but the winds postponed the Parade of Ships until tomorrow, Sunday. I'm not even sure if the Blue Angels were able to perform.
Looks like they are allowed again. http://www.military.com/fleetweek
Old 10-12-2008, 05:06 AM   #11
Max

Personally I like warm weather, but I was wondering what kind of weather Danielle likes.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:43 AM   #12
Geezer

Default Danielle's preferred weather

Well, since Danielle made a home for herself in Phoenix, I'm sure she likes it HOT. After all, she, and we, don't want that amaziing body bundled up in winter clothing. Those amazing breasts need air - to be free to move and shimy - not restrained by multiple garments.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:48 AM   #13
tigger
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband

from what i can see out the window it has ben nice here in NC.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:22 PM   #14
dtstuff9
Danielle Junkie

It's freakin snowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
dtstuff9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:44 PM   #15
Geezer

Default Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstuff9 View Post
It's freakin snowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Well.... YEAH! Look where you live!!!! Freaking CANADA! Winter comes early to you northern dwelling folks.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:08 AM   #16
PurplePanties
Dreaming of Danielle

My contribution for the next 5 days - http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=0008
PurplePanties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:39 AM   #17
indyfan
Dreaming of Danielle

The weather here is a disaster, it has not rained here for 6 weeks, only had 12 inches of rain in 2008 and tomorrow's daytime high will be 100 degrees F ... and its October!!
indyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:44 PM   #18
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePanties View Post
My contribution for the next 5 days - http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=0008
Thanks for the weather report. You wouldn't happen to be a londoner by any chance?.
I'm a Kentishman.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:04 AM   #19
Marius
Board Newbie

Beautiful blue skies and tropical warm weather here in the tourist town.

All this talk about snow...what is it?
Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:08 AM   #20
geolarson2

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
The weather here is a disaster, it has not rained here for 6 weeks, only had 12 inches of rain in 2008 and tomorrow's daytime high will be 100 degrees F ... and its October!!
Are you over in the Great Western Desert, or around Perth by any chance? That's rough weather, indyfan, and while where I live is technically a desert, its a lot easier than where you are evidently.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:18 AM   #21
geolarson2

Robin Williams, in Good Morning, Vietnam, and Ollie Williams, the weatherman from Family Guy would probably describe the weather here as "cold and wet!" Over the past few weeks, the weather here in the mountain shadow between the Sierra Nevada and Great Basin desert has gone hot & cold. Now, for a couple days running, it has been decidedly, and one-sidedly cold. Sun evening it rained enough to cause a blackout, tonight on my way to & from the pharmacy (chemists to those in the UK, Canada, Australia & NZ), which is just 2 blocks away, I watched the clouds, big purple things, roll over & down the slops of the Sierras, that mist that indicates rain coming along with them. Earlier in the day, I'd been out to the supermarket which is about a mile down the road, I noted that Mt. Rose (the other side of which is Lake Tahoe) & Slide Mountain were both covered with a very nice coat of snow. In just the short amount of time it took me to go to & from the drug store, a heavy mist began to come down. I knew it was coming, since I'd been watching the local Fox affiliate (which is also the Fox affiliate from Oakland CA) and had seen it drizzling down in the SF Bay Area (must have been nice, Geezer, to get the rain before it came over the Sierras & got cold--burrrr!), so here's a warning for those folks to my east in UT & CO--bundle up if you haven't already. This might turn out to be one of those extra-cold years like we had back in 2004, although I'd be surprised if we got as much snow as we did then
Old 11-05-2008, 11:36 PM   #22
Satir
Dreaming of Danielle

cold, rainy, fall...
Old 11-05-2008, 11:38 PM   #23
YetAnotherDave
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Send a message via ICQ to YetAnotherDave Send a message via MSN to YetAnotherDave

It's night time here and can't see weather outside - sorry !!
Old 11-06-2008, 06:20 PM   #24
MISSY
Danielle's Imaginary Girlfriend

We are stuck in a snow storm up in the north west. 60 + mph winds. It is terable. Tigger is catching a nap he didn't sleep well last night.
MISSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:03 PM   #25
DWM222
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSY View Post
We are stuck in a snow storm up in the north west. 60 + mph winds. It is terable. Tigger is catching a nap he didn't sleep well last night.
Heard about that storm...hope you brought some warm coats & blankets...I hate snow
Old 11-07-2008, 12:17 AM   #26
MISSY

Its not just the snow it is this wind, it will nock you over! we are at a miltary base in a nice warm room.

Last edited by MISSY; 11-07-2008 at 12:38 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:36 AM   #27
Texasdrake
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Its been nice here in Texas..a few mornings where it was cool or alittle cold but the afternoons were warm.Looks like that about to change with a cold front coming in.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:04 AM   #28
MISSY

Here is a still off of one of the cameras on tiggers truck just before we shut down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1165.jpg (99.3 KB, 14 views)
Old 11-07-2008, 01:52 AM   #29
tigger

Its crappy out all right. We just got the ok to roll in the morning. 445 more mles and im done with this load. Hope to go back east there is a sorm moving in will be here sun. And i want to be gone.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:03 AM   #30
WhyYou

That IS a nasty looking storm. I've been in a few stroms like that when I was younger. I don't care to be in another one though. But those type of storms did teach me a lot about how to drive in inclement weather.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:53 AM   #31
ugo

Do you excuse, But is Tigger already at work? Have they left Ohio away?
Old 11-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #32
WhyYou

Tigger went back to work on Monday ugo.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:25 PM   #33
tigger

MARCY GOT LICKED BY A BUFFALO!!!! WE WERE SHUT DOWN YESTERDAY DUE TO THE WEATHER SO WE WENT EXPLORING AND CAME TO A BUFFALO RANCH SO WE PULLED TO THE SIDE AND WERE LOOKING AT THEM AND THEY CAME UP TO THE FENCE AND MARCY WANTED A PITURE OF HER BY THE FENCE WITH THE BUFFALO BEHIND HER SO SHE STOOD IN FRONT OF THE FENCE AND ONE OF THE BUFFALO STUCK ITS TOUNG RIGHT ACROST HER FACE. THAT THINGS TOUNG HAD TO BE A FOOT LONG. I WISH W COULD HAVE GOTTEN THAT ON VIDEO. THE LOOK ON HER FACE WAS PRICELESS. SHE WAS PISSSED AT ALL OF US FOR NOT TELLING HER IT WAS THAT CLOSE.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:18 AM   #34
laranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger View Post
MARCY GOT LICKED BY A BUFFALO!!!! WE WERE SHUT DOWN YESTERDAY DUE TO THE WEATHER SO WE WENT EXPLORING AND CAME TO A BUFFALO RANCH SO WE PULLED TO THE SIDE AND WERE LOOKING AT THEM AND THEY CAME UP TO THE FENCE AND MARCY WANTED A PITURE OF HER BY THE FENCE WITH THE BUFFALO BEHIND HER SO SHE STOOD IN FRONT OF THE FENCE AND ONE OF THE BUFFALO STUCK ITS TOUNG RIGHT ACROST HER FACE. THAT THINGS TOUNG HAD TO BE A FOOT LONG. I WISH W COULD HAVE GOTTEN THAT ON VIDEO. THE LOOK ON HER FACE WAS PRICELESS. SHE WAS PISSSED AT ALL OF US FOR NOT TELLING HER IT WAS THAT CLOSE.
LOL!! Tigg, ya might want to change your sig. cause' I think it would be Marcy who is right behind you during the chase. LOLOL!!
Old 11-08-2008, 08:15 AM   #35
ugo

Nice "Buffalo", Tigger !!!!!!

I remember a famous Movie of the Buffalo in the middle of the storm of the snow, and with the actor Charles Bronson and another (an Indian seems).

Tigger, has made me remember that Movie. I believe that has been beautiful to see a Buffalo !!!
Old 11-08-2008, 03:19 PM   #36
DWM222
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Will her new nickname be "Buffalo Gal"...LOL
Old 11-08-2008, 03:48 PM   #37
laranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugo View Post

I remember a famous Movie of the Buffalo in the middle of the storm of the snow, and with the actor Charles Bronson and another (an Indian seems).

Tigger, has made me remember that Movie. I believe that has been beautiful to see a Buffalo !!!
Ugo, I believe this is the movie you are asking about. http://stores.blowoutdvd1.com/-strse...he-/Detail.bok

It is a really good movie BTW.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:03 PM   #38
ugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by laranger View Post
Ugo, I believe this is the movie you are asking about. http://stores.blowoutdvd1.com/-strse...he-/Detail.bok

It is a really good movie BTW.

Thank you Laranger.
Even if I still have to buy this Movie in Italian. Is a true American masterpiece.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:47 AM   #39
geolarson2

It was gloomy today. Early this afternoon it started sprinkling; now its raining. The local weather says that it'll snow tonight, the only question left is just how low will the snow fall, at my elevation in the Truckee Meadows or just up in the Sierras. Personally, since I don't drive anymore, and I live in apartments so I don;t have to shovel it away, I could do with the snow even though I was planning on taking my younger relatives out for a nature walk tomorrow or Fri since school's out. Might still be possible ...
Old 11-27-2008, 12:55 AM   #40
geolarson2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugo View Post

The Indian was played by Will Sampson who also played the role of Chief in One Flew Over the Cuckoo Tree with Jack Nicholson, Christopher Lloyd, Danny DeVito, Brad Dourif and Louise Fletcher, and in The Outlaw Josey Wales with Clint Eastwood. He was a member of the Muscogee nation. I always like The White Buffalo--it was one of the 1st VHS tapes I bought way back when.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:04 PM   #41
DWM222
Danielle's Biggest Fan

It appears winter has arrived along the Colorado Front Range...have about 6" of snow & still coming down & about 2 degrees...brrrrrr
Went out this morning & my little car was dragging bottom on some of the roads. Guess I'll have to get out the "Gas Hog" pickup for a while if I want to go cruising...LOL
Old 12-17-2008, 09:04 AM   #42
shink1m
Danielle Junkie

Cold non-snowing Christmas weather here in the Philippines ^_^
shink1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 04:25 PM   #43
Geezer

Default San Jose on Xmas Day

Holy Crap! The wind here in San Jose CA on Christmas Day, is like a typhoon! It's bending trees over and pelting everything with rain drops. The power remains on but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes out in some parts of town if the wind continues.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:54 PM   #44
Anoree

It's dark outside, at 10:52 PM, and we've got -2 °C (28 °F).

Last edited by Anoree; 12-27-2008 at 03:58 AM.
Anoree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #45
MISSY

Thumbs up

We are stuck for the day up here in PA. expecting 8-10 in of snow. We drove for a little while but the roads were too bad. Here is a photo from the dash cam on the truck of a truck that jackknifed on a hill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1290.jpg (93.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 01-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #46
MISSY

Marcy took this one with her camera out the window.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1293.jpg (93.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 01-10-2009, 07:25 PM   #47
MISSY

Nasty weather to drive in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1292.jpg (90.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 01-10-2009, 10:30 PM   #48
eastbill
Danielle's Biggest Fan

nasty looking weather

we got snow here too. hoping it does not get much worse.
eastbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:17 AM   #49
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

Snow has just arrived in Kent and my car drives like a toboggan lol. I left my house at 7:30am and have already seen a car plough into a parked car but no real damage was done as he was crawling. Just a slight scrape down the side lol. So the mill is closed for awhile as the main workers can't get into work. Just amazed how the ice has formed already on the roads.