FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2010, 03:57 AM   #1
laranger

Send a message via Yahoo to laranger
Default Movies

Ever since I gave up my drivers license, due to my bad eyes and I just didn't feel comfortable about my driving abilities. I sold my beloved truck to my son-in-law and have been pretty much home bound. I have a 62 inch Big screen TV and have bought a lot of movies over the last few years. I also noticed that I didn't really have a single favorite but several in different categories. For example, Westerns, comedy, drama, war etc, etc. I also found I enjoyed some movies due to who was in them, such as Isabella Rossellini or Jean Reno. I have listed some of my favorites, feel free to post your varied list or to comment on any others.

Monte Walsh 2003, with Tom Selleck & Isabella Rossellini
Open Range 2003, with Kevin Costner, Robert Duvall & Annete Bening
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas 2008, with Shelia Hancock & David Thewlis
Left Luggage 1998, with Laura Fraser & Adam Monty
Pale Rider 1985, with Clint Eastwood
Broken Trail 2006, with Robert Duvall & Thomas Haden Church
Ronin 1998, with Robert De Niro & Jean Reno
Fortress 2006, with Sean Garlick & Rachel Ward
Defiance 2008, with Daniel Craig & Liev Schreiber
The Collector 1965, with Terence Stamp & Samantha Eggar
Flyboys 2006, with James Franco & Jean Reno
The Great Raid 2005, with Benjamin Bratt & Joseph Fiennes
The New World 2006, with Colin Farrell & Q'orianka Kilcher
Fahrenheit 451 1966, with Oskar Werner & Julie Christie
Far From Home 1995, Jesse Bradford & Mimi Rogers
Mystery Alaska 2000, with Russell Crow & Bert Reynolds
Eddie and the Cruisers 1983, Michael Pare` & Tom Berenger
Eddie Lives (Eddie and the Cruisers II) 1989, Michael Pare` & Marina Orsini
The Patriot 2000, with Mel Gibson & Jason Isaacs
Braveheart 1995, with Mel Gibson & Catherine McCormack
Old 07-28-2010, 05:40 AM   #2
ugo
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband

Im fan by Horrors, Erotics, Adventure, Heroes, funny movies by "childs", funny comedy light and laughts, actresses nice womens. And have more DVD preferred.
But i dont watch more after more Tv and DVD past years. Occasionally watch it.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

Love movies, but usually watch the lighter easy going movies. Here's a few i've watched lately.

See no evil, hear no evil 1989 Richard Pryor, Gene Wilder.

Big Momma's house 2000 Martin Lawrence, Nia long.

The Chronicles of Riddick 2004, Vin Diesel, Colm Feore.

Pitch Black 2000 Vin Diesel, Radha Mitchell.

XXX 2000 Vin Diesel, Asia Argento.

Curly Sue 1991 (my favourite weepie) James Belushi, Alisan Porter, Kelly Lynch.

Goodfellas 1990 Robert De Niro, Joe Pesci, Lorraine Bracco, Paul Sorvino.

Everyway but loose 1978, Clint Eastwood, Sondra Locke.

Any which way you can 1980, Clint Eastwood, Sondra Locke.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:32 AM   #4
laranger

Send a message via Yahoo to laranger

Made this thread 1 day early. I watched this movie last night and had to add it to my list. If you have a big screen TV, by all means see it there. http://www.amazon.com/Snow-Walker-Ba.../dp/B0007UDC80
Old 07-29-2010, 01:09 AM   #5
Immortal
In Love with Danielle

Send a message via Yahoo to Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugo View Post
Im fan by Horrors, Erotics, Adventure, Heroes, funny movies by "childs", funny comedy light and laughts, actresses nice womens. And have more DVD preferred.
But i dont watch more after more Tv and DVD past years. Occasionally watch it.
I am a Horror fan as well. I liked all the Saw movies except "Saw VI" (SOMEONE OWES ME 85 MINUTES OF MY LIFE!)
All the "Final destination" Movies.
"Shockumentaries" Like "Faces of death" "Traces of death" "Death scenes" (Hosted by ex crime scene photographer Anton LaVey.) and "Death scenes 2"
If this seems a little to "Morbid" for this forum go ahead and delete it.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:36 PM   #6
ugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
I am a Horror fan as well. I liked all the Saw movies except "Saw VI" (SOMEONE OWES ME 85 MINUTES OF MY LIFE!)
All the "Final destination" Movies.
"Shockumentaries" Like "Faces of death" "Traces of death" "Death scenes" (Hosted by ex crime scene photographer Anton LaVey.) and "Death scenes 2"
If this seems a little to "Morbid" for this forum go ahead and delete it.
I remember more movies Horrors ( maybe 300 or more yet it) and i dont know how choose it better or tell you by my like sensations. Am great fan by horrors spettaculars by special effect.
But that more have did me its " FROMBEYOND", a mix by effect, horrors, erotic (nice the Barbara Crampton), suspence, and few funny too.
Its real masterpiece by Lovecraft.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg from-beyond-front.jpg (74.9 KB, 8 views)
Old 07-29-2010, 09:26 PM   #7
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

I used to love (ok, still do) watching John Carpenter films. I loved The Thing & The Fog especially.

Westerns I was semi-picky about. My Grandpa is a huge John Wayne fan (Liberty Valance is one of his favourites), while I preferred Sergio Leone's spaghetti westerns (The Man With No Name trilogy as well as Once Upon a Time in the West are just simply brilliant in every way).

I've got I think a bent sense of humour, so I'm inclined towards dark comedies like The Big Lebowski, O Brother Where Art Thou? & Fargo. I also really love Murder By Death, Being There and The Magic Christian (hint, there is no Christianity involved), all three of which have Peter Sellers.

Of dramas/action I love most of Kenneth Branagh's Shakespeare adaptations (Hamlet & Henry V are especially brilliant--I like them much better than Sir Larry's versions to be honest), Three Days of the Condor, Dirty Harry, something that keeps me thinking or on the edge of my seat, ya dig?

As far as sci-fi/fantasy goes, I love me a good director's cut of Alien, the Matrix, the Lord of the Rings movies made me appreciate LotR again after disliking the book for many years (one of those times where I ruined a good thing by obsessing over it when I was a kid--like peanut butter & jelly).

When I was a kid I used to watch the "Monster Mash" on Saturdays at noon--caught lots of Godzilla & Gamera as well as Abbott & Costello Meet... movies, lots of Bogie (Loved The Maltese Falcon & Treasure of the Sierra Madre), The African Queen (loved John Huston as well--what anamazing director--liked Clint Eastwood's fictionalized account of the making of African Queen as well, White Hunter, Black Heart--or maybe it was the other way around).

Most of the time though I'm scanning the various news channels or programs (I flip the channels rather than focusing on just 1 outlet), watch British shows on BBCAmerica, DVD or video (i.e., Dr. Who, Being Human) or US shows like V, LOST & FlashForward, with a generous helping of toons in there as well (South Park, Family Guy, Simpsons, AdultSwim, &c.).

BTW, who needs a driver's license, eh? I gave up mine, too, Laranger (nice to know I'm not the only one with sense enough to know when to stop). Who needs the fees, insurance, gas, traffic, &c., right?

Last edited by geolarson2; 07-29-2010 at 09:31 PM.
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:10 AM   #8
ugo

Anybody has saw move "Splice" ? How's it ?
Old 11-13-2010, 07:04 PM   #9
Palanhaar
Dreaming of Danielle

Few of My favorite movies are-Moter India,Sholey,Taal,Titanic,Accepted,The Accidental Husband,Late night in Seattle,and many more
Old 02-27-2011, 06:40 AM   #10
Padawan
Board Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugo View Post
Anybody has saw move "Splice" ? How's it ?
Splice was weird. Not much of a horror movie in my opinion but rather a thriller... However despite the weirdness, it has a clear message. I won't spoil it for anyone but don't expect a masterpiece.

I for one collect movies and I appreciate good movies. Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino was a masterpiece. But the one movie that got me hooked at the tender age of four was Star Wars, the original that later turned to episode 4. I have seen it over 100 times and it never gets old to me. I'm a SW geek for life. I guess because of SW, sci-fi is close to my heart but I do watch every kind of movie. I also love a good comedy and I have some favorite actors/actresses that I usually go and check their latest work.

I actually have a collection list online but my ex took half of my dvd's. They always take half of what they can get.
Padawan is offline   Reply With Quote