FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2008, 10:47 AM   #1
indyfan
Dreaming of Danielle

Default Official NFL Thread

We used to discuss NFL at Alison's forum. My team is the Indianapolis Colts and there was a member at the old forum called Bearsfan. As his name suggests he supported the Chicago Bears. In the 2007 Super Bowl the Colts beat the Bears and I was thrilled. Bearsfan handled the loss well, its just unfortunate there can only be one winner.
Next weekend the Colts play the 0-13 Detroit Lions so I have reason to be confident they can win their 7th game in a row! But this season the Colts can only achieve a wildcard because the best team in the league, the Tennessee Titans, are in the same division.
Who does everyone support in the NFL?
indyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #2
laranger

Send a message via Yahoo to laranger

OK, I'll play...

Old 12-09-2008, 07:55 AM   #3
indyfan
Dreaming of Danielle

Hi laranger, it could be Indianapolis Colts vs Denver Broncos in the first week of the playoffs
Old 12-09-2008, 08:28 AM   #4
laranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
Hi laranger, it could be Indianapolis Colts vs Denver Broncos in the first week of the playoffs
Damn, I hope not.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:44 AM   #5
tigger
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband

Only good thing about the nfl is the cheerleaders!
Old 12-19-2008, 04:03 AM   #6
Max
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger View Post
Only good thing about the nfl is the cheerleaders!
The cheerleaders are not interesting to me in anyway, except for the cheerleaders of one of my favorite teams (Carolina Panthers)
Although Jake Delhomme and Steve Smith are more entertaining to watch make amazing plays.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 04:04 AM   #7
Max

Quote:
We used to discuss NFL at Alison's forum. My team is the Indianapolis Colts and there was a member at the old forum called Bearsfan. As his name suggests he supported the Chicago Bears. In the 2007 Super Bowl the Colts beat the Bears and I was thrilled. Bearsfan handled the loss well, its just unfortunate there can only be one winner.
Next weekend the Colts play the 0-13 Detroit Lions so I have reason to be confident they can win their 7th game in a row! But this season the Colts can only achieve a wildcard because the best team in the league, the Tennessee Titans, are in the same division.
Who does everyone support in the NFL?
GO TITANS!!! (I'm still happy Indy won that one, because I am still hoping for a team to go 0-16)
Old 12-19-2008, 10:59 AM   #8
indyfan
Dreaming of Danielle

The Colts won today as well!!
Old 12-28-2008, 06:37 AM   #9
Max

CAN THEY DO IT? YES THEY CAN 0-16!!! First team in NFL History to be this bad. I have been waiting for this to happen ever since I had first started watching football, becuase this had never happened in NFL history before. This Lions team is absolutely unspeakably shockingly bad, who thought that they would be THIS bad, I mean I thought that they would win at least a game or two, but they went go 0-16 (unless they pull a miricle at Lambeau), and will go down as the worst team in NFL history, along with the 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, however, the Buccaneers only went 0-14, because the 16 game schedule had not been adopted at that time. One of my favorite moments of the 2008 Detroit Lions season was the game that they came closest to winning. Adrian Peterson of the Minnesota Vikings fumbled the ball at the Detroit 1 yard line, and Detroit recovered. The very next play, Lions QB Dan Orlovsky didn't know how deep the endzone was, and ended up walking out of the back of his own endzone for a saftey, and the final score of that game was 12- 10, Minnesota with the win. This team bearly even qualifies as an NFL Team, there are no good players on this team, I mean Kansas City is a very bad team, but at least they have a few good players, There is not even one superstar on this team, Even though Matt Millen is gone, I'm surprised that he didn't rename the team "The Detroit Wide Receivers", becuase he drafted at least 4 WRs in 5 years, and nobody to throw with. The only one of these players remaining on the team is Calvin Johnson, who was drafted in 2007. If I were a WR and Detroit drafted me, I would not play for them, holdout, and ask to be traded to another team (Like Eli Manning did, except the team he did this with. San Diego, ended up being a good team).

P.S. Did anyone get my joke about the cheerleaders?
Old 01-04-2009, 05:19 AM   #10
indyfan
Dreaming of Danielle

Colts LOSE today. Its deflating to win so many regular season games in a row and then bang its all over. A Titans v Chargers playoff match would be good to watch but whether that happens depends on tomorrow.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #11
ugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
The cheerleaders are not interesting to me in anyway, except for the cheerleaders of one of my favorite teams (Carolina Panthers)
Although Jake Delhomme and Steve Smith are more entertaining to watch make amazing plays.
Perhaps I will become fan of cheerleaders. I love the panthers!!!! I like hat logo of panther.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:16 AM   #12
indyfan
Dreaming of Danielle

Well Ugo, the Panthers got their butts whipped by the team from FTV City!!

The game in Phoenix next weekend will be a hot ticket. I hope the Cardinals win. But to be honest the AFC is much stronger this year and I expect the winner of the brutal struggle between Steelers and Ravens will go on to win the Super Bowl in Tampa Bay.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:49 PM   #13
Max

Quote:
Well Ugo, the Panthers got their butts whipped by the team from FTV City!!

The game in Phoenix next weekend will be a hot ticket. I hope the Cardinals win. But to be honest the AFC is much stronger this year and I expect the winner of the brutal struggle between Steelers and Ravens will go on to win the Super Bowl in Tampa Bay.
As Jim Mora would say we couldn't do didely poo defensively. The Cardinals are a 9-7 team that should have been crushed by the Falcons. I like Philidelphia in this matchup. Worthy team, worthy QB worthy defense. They've worked hard and overcame, unlike Arizona, who just won a very poor division. I like San Fran to win the NFC west next year, unless Matt Hasslebeck is OK in Seattle. St. Louis will be trash.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #14
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugo View Post
Perhaps I will become fan of cheerleaders. I love the panthers!!!! I like hat logo of panther.
It's supposed to represent North and South Carolina.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:57 PM   #15
ugo

I thought only about the figure of the nice panthers. I adore who brings the figure of the panthers. I am a man that dips in my imagination of the panther (or the tigress; or the cat).

I am sorry if me not typhus Carolina. But my homages to them it is mandatory. Hurray the panthers!!
Old 01-13-2009, 03:46 AM   #16
METTTAL
Board Newbie

Let me just say, as a Philadelphia sports fan... that if the Eagles win the Super Bowl in the same season the Phillies won the World Series, the world may come to an end.

On that note, go Eagles!!
METTTAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:34 AM   #17
Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by METTTAL View Post
Let me just say, as a Philadelphia sports fan... that if the Eagles win the Super Bowl in the same season the Phillies won the World Series, the world may come to an end.

On that note, go Eagles!!
At this point, I'm cheering for Arizona to win it all.
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #18
Seth
Danielle Junkie

The playoffs have thrown up quite a few surprises thus far in my opinion. Therefore, I'm tipping Arizona to go all the way. Got to root for old Kurt Warner and his amazing receiving tandem
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #19
laranger

If I may be so bold here; on 02/02/09 I will give my prediction to who will win the "Super Bowl"...

Old 01-16-2009, 11:51 PM   #20
indyfan
Dreaming of Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by laranger View Post
If I may be so bold here; on 02/02/09 I will give my prediction to who will win the "Super Bowl"...

You are taking the phrase "Monday morning Quarterback" to a whole another level.
Unfortunately for me due to the time zone thing, monday morning is when the game is actually being played But I'll be recording parts of it, I just love watching NFL at this time of year!
Old 01-19-2009, 07:19 AM   #21
indyfan
Dreaming of Danielle

The Cardinals won!! So its Pittsburgh Steelers vs Arizona Cardinals in the Super Bowl. The Cardinals are underdogs but if they can get their explosive offense working in the first half who knows what could happen.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:07 PM   #22
Geezer

I'm surprised congress hasn't made Super Bowl Sunday a national holiday! I was out shopping today - Martin Luther King Day - and everything was open for business EXCEPT our government. I swear, the roads are quieter and fewer people are out on game day.
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #23
Seth
Danielle Junkie

I'm going to stick with Arizona on this one. I think double threat downfield, and the tandem pairing of quality running backs will unbalance the Pittsburgh D, and see them triumphant.

And Kurt Warner is better than Big Ben
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:22 PM   #24
laranger

Kurt warner will spend more time on his back than Craig Morton ever did. Pitt's "D" is way to good for a passing team also.

Pitt by a touchdown at least.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:06 PM   #25
ozdogg
Just Visiting

I predict that one team will either blow the other out OR it will come down to a field goal on the last drive.

As a Pats fan I can't think of any other corners I need to cover... so here's to Kurt Warner becoming the first QB in NFL history to win a Superbowl from two separate teams.
ozdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:54 AM   #26
laranger

Well, I'll never try and predict a Super Bowl score again. I was rooting for the Steelers, but I must say, that this was one of, if not the best games I ever watched. My congrats to the Steelers and I wish to express my best to Curt Warner and all of those Cardinals.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:08 AM   #27
indyfan
Dreaming of Danielle

It really was a fantastic game with the Steelers deserving their 6th title. The Cardinals showed a lot of spirit after that devastating interception touchdown on the half time buzzer. Now we wait for September '09 for the new season - go Colts!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:21 PM   #28
eastbill
Danielle's Biggest Fan

that end of first half touchdown won me 250$ made me very happy.
eastbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:25 PM   #29
Alain
Board Newbie

Life long "Bear" fan !

And an Indy Car fan as well ! (for Indyfan)
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:55 AM   #30
indyfan
Dreaming of Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Life long "Bear" fan !

And an Indy Car fan as well ! (for Indyfan)
Hello Alain Prost haha, should be a great season of IndyCar just like we had a great season of NFL.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #31
Alain
Board Newbie

Quote:
Hello Alain Prost haha, should be a great season of IndyCar just like we had a great season of NFL.
Ha ! Not Prost. I'm from the Chicago area (not France ) I was a fan of Prost in the day (naturally...given the name) But more of a Senna fan to be honest. I loved the battles between the two. I miss those days.

It could be an interesting year in Indy Car ? I just hope Ganassi & Penske have some competition and don't just run away with it ? I do like the Will Power decision for Penske though.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:41 PM   #32
Max

Quote:
It really was a fantastic game with the Steelers deserving their 6th title. The Cardinals showed a lot of spirit after that devastating interception touchdown on the half time buzzer. Now we wait for September '09 for the new season - go Colts!
I don't know how the colts will fare in the new season, they may be entering a rebuilding era
Old 02-13-2009, 11:31 PM   #33
indyfan
Dreaming of Danielle

We'll have an IndyCar thread when the season gets a bit closer. And as for the Colts I sure hope they are not in the rebuilding phase already.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #34
BlackAdder
Board Newbie

Default NFL Draft. Who do you want?

Hey everyone. This is officially my second post on the site, and I just wanted to throw a topic out there to get some discussion. Aside from watching the lovely Danielle, I am so stoked about the NFL draft.

As a Seahawks fan(Don't be hating me Danielle just because our teams are in the same conference ), the trend seems to be that Gerald McCoy or Eric Berry will be available at #6. With the #14 pick, the consensus is C.J.Spiller.

What is your team? Which player are you looking hoping for? Why?
Old 04-03-2010, 11:18 PM   #35
indyfan
Dreaming of Danielle

Hi Blackadder, I went missing from this message board for over a year!
My favorite team is the Indianapolis Colts. I don't think the draft is a big deal for my team, at least in the short term. We just have to get Anthony Gonzalez and Bob Sanders healthy again. For other teams the draft is crucial. Also coming soon is the release of the 2010-11 NFL schedule.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:31 AM   #36
BlackAdder
Board Newbie

Hey indyfan,

I just published my mock draft, and I have your Colts taking DT Jared Odrick from Penn. You are right in that the draft is not a huge deal for teams like the Colts, Saints, Vikings etc...but it is a make or break year for teams like mine which is why I am so obsessed with the draft.

Take a look.
http://draftdebacled.com/publisheddraft.aspx?mdid=15384

Old 04-05-2010, 05:31 AM   #37
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugo View Post
The entire cheerleader thing was a joke. Back in 2005 two of the Panther's cheerleaders were arrested for having sex in a bathroom stall
Old 04-22-2010, 07:16 AM   #38
BlackAdder
Board Newbie

For football fans, draft day is like Christmas.