FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2009, 08:49 PM   #1
Jeffrey99
Dreaming of Danielle

Does Windows Movie Maker affect the quality at all? Wouldn't mind joining the ones that go together but I'd also want the ability to edit out the still shot photo at the very beginning of each video. Is that possible with Windows Movie Maker?
Jeffrey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:47 AM   #2
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99 View Post
Does Windows Movie Maker affect the quality at all? Wouldn't mind joining the ones that go together but I'd also want the ability to edit out the still shot photo at the very beginning of each video. Is that possible with Windows Movie Maker?
I use the Windows Movie Maker a lot. Yes it is possible to edit out the photoshoot and you won't lose any quality. The W.M.M is a very good editing programme. Good luck!.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
Geezer
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Question Help

Can anyone answer this question?

Is there anything different, protection settings, for example, on this thread: Picture (or screenshot) of the Day?

I log onto the forum and breeze through all of the new thread posts until I click on this one. Then, I get logged out and every attempt to log back into this particular thread is useless. But, if I click on my browser's back arrow, I am once again logged into the forum.

It is annoying because my preferences cause the latest posts to appear at the top. When I get to this thread, since I get logged out, the newest posts are buried deeply at the bottom.

WHAT is DIFFERENT about the "Picture (or screenshot) of the Day" Thread???
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:03 PM   #4
CK1
Danielle's Biggest Fan

It might be a problem with the browser itself or the user account or the operating system. lets see if we can narrow it down.

1- try downloading another browser like Firefox or Chrome. install it and try seeing the same thread. if you can, then it is a problem with the browser. instead of re-installing Windows (which would be time consuming) just use another browser. i actually find chrome to be very quick and can take me almost everywhere i want to go.

2- Create a new account through the "user" option and log into that account and try using the browser. if it works there has been some damage done to your user account and is causing the problem with your web browser. Just had a case where a computer user could not print. tested the printer on another computer and it worked fine. even after un-installing and downloaded the latest drivers it would still not print. created a new account and installed the drivers and it worked fine. transfered all the setting to the new account and now its working fine.

3- If all else fails then it maybe time to re-install windows. files can be lost, damaged or corrupted over time and cause the computer to act up, freeze, etc. i usually perform a clean installation of windows about once a year. it takes me a while but i know that my computer will be at 100% when its done.

Again, let me know if you have any questions.
CK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:41 PM   #5
Geezer
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
It might be a problem with the browser itself or the user account or the operating system. lets see if we can narrow it down.

1- try downloading another browser like Firefox or Chrome. install it and try seeing the same thread. if you can, then it is a problem with the browser. instead of re-installing Windows (which would be time consuming) just use another browser. i actually find chrome to be very quick and can take me almost everywhere i want to go.

2- Create a new account through the "user" option and log into that account and try using the browser. if it works there has been some damage done to your user account and is causing the problem with your web browser. Just had a case where a computer user could not print. tested the printer on another computer and it worked fine. even after un-installing and downloaded the latest drivers it would still not print. created a new account and installed the drivers and it worked fine. transfered all the setting to the new account and now its working fine.

3- If all else fails then it maybe time to re-install windows. files can be lost, damaged or corrupted over time and cause the computer to act up, freeze, etc. i usually perform a clean installation of windows about once a year. it takes me a while but i know that my computer will be at 100% when its done.

Again, let me know if you have any questions.
Hey CK1! Thanks for all of the suggestions. Reinstalling Windows would be a bit drastic, I think. And, I don't have the disks to do it, anyway. As I wrote in my question, it was only one thread creating a problem. I could browse ALL of the other threads without being logged out.

I use AOL as my default browser and it always gives me the problem. I just logged in using both IE and Safari and was able to see the thread in question just fine. So, I will assume it's an AOL problem and NOT my computer. Thanks again.
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:52 PM   #6
CK1
Danielle's Biggest Fan

that is why i placed the solutions in that order. being the simplest fix first. and honestly, it usually works that way. i would suggets that you avoid the aol browser just because most pages are not designed with it in mind and it does have a tendancy to create random issues like you described. now that IE is working fine i would just stick to that or safari. both good options. and re-installing windows is NOT needed in your case.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:50 PM   #7
Anoree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
WHAT is DIFFERENT about the "Picture (or screenshot) of the Day" Thread???
The thread has some VERY big pictures in it.
Rob's raw version of the cover from Flashing around Town with 3000 x 2098 pixels is just about the biggest picture I've seen on the net.

Maybe the AOL Browser's cache is mixed up. Try cleaning the temporary downloaded files within the browser. The thread could get displayable again.
Anoree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:07 PM   #8
voncroy10
Dreaming of Danielle

Send a message via MSN to voncroy10 Send a message via Yahoo to voncroy10

my computer was infected with "WIN32/Heur" its very dangerous virus it spreads fast and cause damage to exe files, i had to format everything on the hard drive to remove it.

does anyone know more info about this virus and if there is any removal tool for it?
Old 02-18-2009, 02:40 AM   #9
CK1
Danielle's Biggest Fan

only that its a pain to clean. i would recommend removing the drive and plugging it into a clean machine with a good, up to date anti-virus and scanning it several times until it passes two scans without finding anything. i like to run a spyware remover program like malaware bytes or AdAware. both you can download for free at Cnet.

Tags
16:9, aspect ratio, format, specs