FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > Main Category > Danielle Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #1
steeler_fan
Just Visiting

Question Financial question

Hello Danielle from Pennsylvania
I enjoy your pictures and your videos, your main asset is that you are a "real" woman and very genuine.
It seems like 2008 was a big breakout year for you and having your own FTV site is proof of that.
I am a CPA (accountant) and my question is: "Have you taken time to organize the financial side of your life??"
You really should get somebody in Phoenix that you can trust to do your taxes, don't wait until April. Pick somebody smart that can give you good advice. I imagine you are making more money than you ever dreamed, now you have to work a little to keep some of it.
It's possible that April 15th will be the saddest day of your life when you have to pay the taxes on what you earned in 2008.
You should also start setting money aside for possible "rainy days" and also the day far far in the future when you are no longer modelling.
I probably sound more like a father than a fan, sorry about that
steeler_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:18 PM   #2
danielle_ftv
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeler_fan View Post
Hello Danielle from Pennsylvania
I enjoy your pictures and your videos, your main asset is that you are a "real" woman and very genuine.
It seems like 2008 was a big breakout year for you and having your own FTV site is proof of that.
I am a CPA (accountant) and my question is: "Have you taken time to organize the financial side of your life??"
You really should get somebody in Phoenix that you can trust to do your taxes, don't wait until April. Pick somebody smart that can give you good advice. I imagine you are making more money than you ever dreamed, now you have to work a little to keep some of it.
It's possible that April 15th will be the saddest day of your life when you have to pay the taxes on what you earned in 2008.
You should also start setting money aside for possible "rainy days" and also the day far far in the future when you are no longer modelling.
I probably sound more like a father than a fan, sorry about that
I've been thinking about this since my first assist shoot. I do plan on getting a CPA before tax season. I'm actually pretty freaked out about how much I am going to have to pay for taxes, considering I am "self-employed" and from what I understand people who are self employed have to pay a lot of taxes. I am actually putting money aside right now. What I'm trying to do is save up enough money to pay of my car loan and then have enough money for bills for up to six months...then I will be satisfied. Good thing I've been keeping all my receipts from 2008, because a lot of them can be written off (or at least that's what I've been told.)
Old 01-14-2009, 07:33 PM   #3
steeler_fan
Just Visiting

Your six months savings goal is EXCELLENT. Most Americans don't even have two months cushion if they are laid off or downsized.
Self-employed do pay more taxes, and it seems like they pay even more because they have to write their own checks for everything. When you are an employee and getting a paycheck they deduct all the taxes and you never see it, so you don't miss it.
If you ever want to ask me a financial question, go ahead, but you really NEED somebody you can talk to face-to-face. Don't lose any sleep but you will be less freaked out the sooner you get it done and out of the way.
Remember: "thinking about sex while doing your taxes - OKAY, thinking about taxes during sex - VERY BAD"
steeler_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:27 AM   #4
captnjack
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Rob should have some good recomendations.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:33 AM   #5
Geezer
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnjack View Post
Rob should have some good recomendations.
Yeah, I thought the same thing when I read steeler_fan's comment. Certainly, Rob has a GOOD accountant and bookkeeper what with his income and investments. I am sure that person(s) would be happy to work with Danielle.
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:35 AM   #6
indyfan
Dreaming of Danielle

Quote:
Your six months savings goal is EXCELLENT. Most Americans don't even have two months cushion if they are laid off or downsized.
Self-employed do pay more taxes, and it seems like they pay even more because they have to write their own checks for everything. When you are an employee and getting a paycheck they deduct all the taxes and you never see it, so you don't miss it.
If you ever want to ask me a financial question, go ahead, but you really NEED somebody you can talk to face-to-face. Don't lose any sleep but you will be less freaked out the sooner you get it done and out of the way.
Remember: "thinking about sex while doing your taxes - OKAY, thinking about taxes during sex - VERY BAD"
That's very true. I'm sure Rob has the best bookkeeper in Phoenix. Now Steeler Fan come visit the NFL thread and tell me how your team is going to beat the Ravens this weekend
indyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #7
Jeffrey99
Dreaming of Danielle

Quote:
Most Americans don't even have two months cushion if they are laid off or downsized.
That's because the average American lives paycheck to paycheck. I don't know of anyone, who has a family and kids, that has two months cushion. In the average American household, it just doesn't work that way.
Jeffrey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #8
tigger
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99 View Post
That's because the average American lives paycheck to paycheck. I don't know of anyone, who has a family and kids, that has two months cushion. In the average American household, it just doesn't work that way.
I HAVE A CUSHION, I SIT ON IT EVERY DAY.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:18 AM   #9
eastbill
Danielle's Biggest Fan

tigger you took my line.

it would be nice to have two months cussion.. but today that seems impossible.
eastbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:42 PM   #10
tigger
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband

I was doing good till i was in that wreck. Missing a months worth of work takes a big chunk out of the check book!!!!!!