FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 01:09 PM   #1
tigger
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband
 
tigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: out yonder way!
Posts: 1,093
Default Cooking

Started this thread for ennthing about cooking. If you would like to shair your reicepys. Cooking tips, what you like to cook. Feel free to jump in.
__________________
IF YOU SEE ME RUNNING YOU BETTER BE RIGHT BEHIND ME!!!!
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
tigger
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband
 
tigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: out yonder way!
Posts: 1,093
Default

Feel free. I like cookies.
__________________
IF YOU SEE ME RUNNING YOU BETTER BE RIGHT BEHIND ME!!!!
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
tigger
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband
 
tigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: out yonder way!
Posts: 1,093
Default

This is the guy that got me into dutchoven coking abou 10 yrs ago. i have been hooked eversince. He has a hole wall full oF awords he has won. This is a photo of him at one of the cooking contests.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg happy-feet.jpg (83.0 KB, 12 views)
__________________
IF YOU SEE ME RUNNING YOU BETTER BE RIGHT BEHIND ME!!!!
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:35 PM   #4
tigger
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband
 
tigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: out yonder way!
Posts: 1,093
Default

Dutch oven apple cobbler. I do apple my fav. In 12 in oven i use
4 box white cake mix.
1 large jar apple sause
4 cans apple pie filling
1/4 stick butter.
Place tin foil in oven and grease with butter, pour in 1 box cake mix covering bottom. Pour in apple sause smooth out to cover bottom. 1 more box cake mix, all 4 cans pie filling. And last 2 boxes of cake mix. Place dabs of butter on top in about 3 in spacing around top cook for about 350 for half an hour till top is golden brown, will hear apples gergling. Do not add water or milk it will make soggy, there is enough moisture in apple sause and pie filling . This is how i do it with the boyscouts. Its quick and easy and the cake mix gives it a sweet tast. Will post how to do from scratch later.
__________________
IF YOU SEE ME RUNNING YOU BETTER BE RIGHT BEHIND ME!!!!
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:25 AM   #5
laranger
Moderator
 
laranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 604
Send a message via Yahoo to laranger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger View Post
Dutch oven apple cobbler. I do apple my fav. In 12 in oven i use
4 box white cake mix.
1 large jar apple sause
4 cans apple pie filling
1/4 stick butter.
Place tin foil in oven and grease with butter, pour in 1 box cake mix covering bottom. Pour in apple sause smooth out to cover bottom. 1 more box cake mix, all 4 cans pie filling. And last 2 boxes of cake mix. Place dabs of butter on top in about 3 in spacing around top cook for about 350 for half an hour till top is golden brown, will hear apples gergling. Do not add water or milk it will make soggy, there is enough moisture in apple sause and pie filling . This is how i do it with the boyscouts. Its quick and easy and the cake mix gives it a sweet tast. Will post how to do from scratch later.
Tigger, I am going to be busy now, your recipe will feed the entire Scout Troop while I cook for 1 most of the time. Hope I can reduce it down to manageable portions for about 4 to 6 servings. Nothing like a great piece of Cobbler with your morning coffee.
laranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:14 AM   #6
tigger
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband
 
tigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: out yonder way!
Posts: 1,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laranger View Post
tigger, i am going to be busy now, your recipe will feed the entire scout troop while i cook for 1 most of the time. Hope i can reduce it down to manageable portions for about 4 to 6 servings. Nothing like a great piece of cobbler with your morning coffee.
if you just want one serving. I did this with the boys once and sarah does it all the time. Get empty soup cans clean them put a little butter in the bottom , a nough cake mix to cover the bottom, put in a few apples from the pie filling with little apple sause. And cake mix on top, two dabs of butter, cover with tinfoil and set in fire coals , or in your oven. If i rember corectly ,one box cake mix, 1 can pie filling, apple sause. Will make about 4 soupe can coblers. Just dont get too hot in fire botttom will burn vary easy. Sarah makes them all the time. If you only want to make one, you can keep the cake mix in a container in the fridg, the apple pie filling will keep about a week in the fridg, but take it out of the can and put it in tupawair container ti will keep its flaver better. Posted a photo oF them when we did them with the boys last fall. Nothing like a hot can of cobbler on a cold day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cooking10.jpg (60.0 KB, 8 views)
__________________
IF YOU SEE ME RUNNING YOU BETTER BE RIGHT BEHIND ME!!!!

Last edited by tigger; 09-24-2008 at 03:17 AM.
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:05 AM   #7
laranger
Moderator
 
laranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 604
Send a message via Yahoo to laranger
Default Favorite foods.

As most of you already know I enjoy cooking; a lot. I have over 100 recipes in my personal cookbook and am always looking for something new, tasty and preferably easy to fix.
Do you either cook a favorite recipe or does someone else make your special dish for you?
If so, I hope you will share your recipe with those of us whom enjoy cooking, thanks.

I'll post my delicious "Beef Stroganoff" to start for you all.

BEEF STROGANOFF
1-1/2 lbs. top round steak (1 inch thick), trimmed
1 cup chopped onion
1 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1/2 Tsp. salt
1/2 Tsp. dried dill
1/2 Tsp. black pepper
2 cups sliced mushrooms, or 1 (8-Oz) can sliced mushrooms
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
*1-2 cups beef broth
8-ounce sour cream
1 Package Grandma’s Frozen Wide Egg Noodles 16oz

Preparation:
1. Cook noodles according to directions
2. Cut steak diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place steak in a skillet with onions and garlic and brown. Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender. Add 1 cup beef broth and sift in flour, stirring often to thicken. (*you may need more broth if too thick) Add Dijon mustard and dill. Reduce heat and stir in sour cream and salt and pepper to taste.

Combine with, and serve over hot noodles.
__________________
Mediocrity shouldn't be a life goal.
laranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:56 PM   #8
tigger
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband
 
tigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: out yonder way!
Posts: 1,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laranger View Post
As most of you already know I enjoy cooking; a lot. I have over 100 recipes in my personal cookbook and am always looking for something new, tasty and preferably easy to fix.
Do you either cook a favorite recipe or does someone else make your special dish for you?
If so, I hope you will share your recipe with those of us whom enjoy cooking, thanks.

I'll post my delicious "Beef Stroganoff" to start for you all.

BEEF STROGANOFF
1-1/2 lbs. top round steak (1 inch thick), trimmed
1 cup chopped onion
1 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1/2 Tsp. salt
1/2 Tsp. dried dill
1/2 Tsp. black pepper
2 cups sliced mushrooms, or 1 (8-Oz) can sliced mushrooms
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
*1-2 cups beef broth
8-ounce sour cream
1 Package Grandma’s Frozen Wide Egg Noodles 16oz

Preparation:
1. Cook noodles according to directions
2. Cut steak diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place steak in a skillet with onions and garlic and brown. Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender. Add 1 cup beef broth and sift in flour, stirring often to thicken. (*you may need more broth if too thick) Add Dijon mustard and dill. Reduce heat and stir in sour cream and salt and pepper to taste.

Combine with, and serve over hot noodles.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good
__________________
IF YOU SEE ME RUNNING YOU BETTER BE RIGHT BEHIND ME!!!!
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.