Thread: Tech Talk
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 07:03 PM   #48
CK1
Danielle's Biggest Fan

It might be a problem with the browser itself or the user account or the operating system. lets see if we can narrow it down.

1- try downloading another browser like Firefox or Chrome. install it and try seeing the same thread. if you can, then it is a problem with the browser. instead of re-installing Windows (which would be time consuming) just use another browser. i actually find chrome to be very quick and can take me almost everywhere i want to go.

2- Create a new account through the "user" option and log into that account and try using the browser. if it works there has been some damage done to your user account and is causing the problem with your web browser. Just had a case where a computer user could not print. tested the printer on another computer and it worked fine. even after un-installing and downloaded the latest drivers it would still not print. created a new account and installed the drivers and it worked fine. transfered all the setting to the new account and now its working fine.

3- If all else fails then it maybe time to re-install windows. files can be lost, damaged or corrupted over time and cause the computer to act up, freeze, etc. i usually perform a clean installation of windows about once a year. it takes me a while but i know that my computer will be at 100% when its done.

Again, let me know if you have any questions.
CK1 is offline   Reply With Quote