Thread: Tech Talk
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 05:43 AM   #43
Anoree

Default Bandwidth ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
that is one of those cases that you really have to be there to figure it out. but here are a few things that can cause the problem.

* There is a possibility that servers could be having trouble or there was too much traffic. causing things to run slow and reset. i find that the day the updates are released, i have a harder time downloading than waiting a day or two. i can still download them, they just move faster.
That was my first guess. I've had that before, too, but this time it was extreme.
Gauging by my problems, Alexa Loren seems to be reeealy popular.

Quote:
* if you were having problems with more than once site then i could guess that it is either you connection or your computer since its only having problems with that site i would guess is one of the reasons listed above.
It was just with FTV related sites and on more than one computer, but on the same connection. Hence my question.

Quote:
* you can always restart your computer. although i usually recommend a full shutdown and then start the computer. if there was some time of issue it could have been resolved by this.
With some computers it might even require pulling the power cord, because the network card is still powered for wake on lan.

This morning (we've got 07:30 AM in Germany) the problems seem to have gone.
So either the server load on FTV has gone down, or the daily reset of my DSL line at 04:00 AM solved it.

Thank you for your response. (captnjack, you too.)
Anoree is offline   Reply With Quote