Thread: Tech Talk
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 01:04 AM   #35
Geezer
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
sorry forgot to add the link. www.myspace.com/everydaytech. i don't want it to be another one of those ubber tech sites where i discuss the refresh rates of monitors or other things like that. i just want to give the average user good advice that is coming from a neutral person. not someone who is trying to sell either a new computer or a bunch of repair work.
Just so everyone knows, what, exactly, are your "qualifications" for giving advice?

here is my own personal test: many web sites ask if you want them to "remember" you and, often, your password. Even this forum has a box to check. So, WHY aren't MY user names and/or passwords being saved?

Every site I use frequently has a box for "remember me" but each time I visit I have to reenter my information. I suppose it's possible my virus checker is blocking the cookies necessary to save the info but I can't find how to turn off that feature. I use PCTOOLS' spyware doctor.

Interestingly enough, for D's pay site and FTV's pay area, my user name and passwords ARE Saved. Go figure!?!?!?!
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote