Thread: Tech Talk
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 03:04 AM   #28
grande351
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Default Video Question.

First of all, thanks to everyone for helping me through my computer issues of late. That drive is still messed up, but I've downloaded Pandora and I'll give it a try.

I just installed a DVD burner last night and I've been playing with it a bit. It came with Nero 8 (trial version, of course ) Using this, I was able to import some videos, In this case the two Zeba videos, which were 3000 kb/sec wmv files. I burned these to a dvd and much to my surprise, it actually played in my dvd player, which I'm really happy about. The only problem is, I'm getting letterboxing at the top and bottom of the screen, which makes the picture seem "smushed". How do I get the videos to fill up the entire screen? My TV is a 26" flat screen and I'm using an ordinary standard def dvd player. When I recorded the dvd the target video settings were: 720x480 with a 16:9 aspect ratio. The only other setting I could use is a 4:3 aspect ratio. I could probably play with the TV settings, but I'd have to do it each time, because "normal" dvd's don't have this problem.
I am a complete moron when it comes to video and everything I read has me more confused!!!
grande351 is offline   Reply With Quote