View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 02:28 PM   #6
Anoree

Unhappy Sorry to hear Birthday Logs' end

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTVGirls_Rob View Post
Right now the video logs page is growing huge... wow soon to have 100 logs there. Anyways, I've told Danielle to stop doing the video logs for birthdays for several reasons:

-The log page is getting too big too fast
what growth do you have in mind should it be?

Quote:
-Many members who sign up on the message board fake their birthdays (make them earlier) to get their log within the month etc..
That's just sad. People who think they've got to lie to get any attention.

Quote:
-People visiting the video logs page find the birthday ones boring, and it taints the more interesting logs
I'd like to object to that. I've found Danielles birthday messages interesting. Not as interesting as the answers to questions, but still ... I've enjoyed every one of them.

Quote:
-Need to keep the logs to actual interesting topics or answers to questions.
(see above)

Quote:
So the video log page she will update as normal, just avoiding the birthday announcements... no biggie
I respect your decission, don't get me wrong, but I feel sorry for my fellows who won't see a personal message from Danielle they might be eagerly anticipating. (I did.) But you get the bill for storage and bandwidth, not me.

Would building a birthday greeting page make any sense? Those who don't want to see them don't have to hassle with those, the others would still have a chance to see more of Danielle.
Some limit would have to be maintained, I agree fully there. With 550+ members Danielle statisticly would "have" to do two birthday greetings per day, tendency growing. That can't be it either.
How about rising the "entry limit" to birthday greetings to, say, 50? Those can't be made as easily as 5 and would keep the birthday logs to those who really participate on the forum.

This all is said with the assumption Danielle still wants to do those birthday greetings. Sould Danielle have no time or doesn't feel like making them anymore, forget what I wrote.
Anoree is offline   Reply With Quote