View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 03:29 PM   #1
Texasdrake
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Default It could only happen in Texas....maybe not?

You probably asking yourself why I'm posting this.
Anyway I was driving by this local park on the way to do my laundry and spotted something funny and alittle strange.The past weeks whenever I drive past this park I would see construction workers clearing off a section of the park.At the beginning I thought ok they're making some improvements so the kids would enjoy the park more....WRONG.Turns out what they had done was setting off a section of the park for a Oil,gas rig.I'm guessing it most likely a gas rig cause there seems to be alot of them springing up in Central Texas.
The past few years it seems not uncommon to see these gas rigs popping up in strange places or in your own backyard.There had been times when I seen news reports about people who went out of thier way to live in a more open and quiet area on the edge of the big cities only to find themself next door neighbors to gas rigs....after they had the area just to themselfs for years.
That Texas for you...maybe not,don't know if thats a common sight in other state as well since energy companies are trying to find "cleaner" fuels to run our homes and business.