View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 03:20 PM   #5
Texasdrake
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Well if you own a house in the big city then it most likely don't have alot of acreage.So there be no problem of Oil/Gas companies drilling there (LOL) But then again there is always the "Public Domain" law where I'm guessing does applies to every state.Land Surveying wasn't as accurate in the old days as it this these days and in some cases the land bountries moves or shift over time depending on how many times the land changes hands.If you can manage to find the original land surveying records bet in some cases you find out you have alittle more land then you thought.
Funny how some people in the old days mark off the land bountries.My firend who owns the 100 acres had a surveyer come out and mark off his property bountries so he can put up his fence.This old preacher who isn't so Preacher-like who owns a few acres tried shaving a few feet off my friend's land for himself.He tried telling my friend that this old metal corner post was the marker for the corner of his land (preacher).According to the land records it wasn't.
Anyway if you own or decided to buy some land and its more then just enough for a house and a small backyard then you better check carefully as to where your bountries are and what exactly you own.Most don't think about mineral rights..they think that they own everything above and below ground which they are wrong.So if you live in a area that is known to have oil or gas depots and don't want to end up sharing land or being very close neighbors to a Oil/Gas rig better check your land rights.