View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 10:32 PM   #147
danielle_ftv
Administrator

Mar. 25, 2010
Last Saturday night I attended a sweat lodge ceremony. My mom was all freaked out about it and tried talking me out of it (and even had my sister try talking me out of it too). I didn't really have any expectations of it and really didn't know what was going to happen. My friend who I went with didn't really tell me too much about it. I was kind of irritated too because when I went through the orientation I found out that I was going to have to speak out loud in front of everyone (that is a pretty hard thing for me to do...I hate public speaking and get incredibly nervous and shy around new people). It turned out pretty well. I now know what hot yoga feels like after having been in the steaming, hot sweat lodge with 20 other people. I'm not sure if it is something I am going to do again. I told my friend Theresa about it and she was thinking about doing it also (if she goes then I will probably go with her so she at least has someone there that she knows).

Other than that things have been pretty chill. I haven't been going out too much. Pretty much the only times I've gone out were when I was meeting up with friends to go eat. I'm kind of over the whole clubbing/partying scene....though I have had the urge to go dancing for the past week now.

Sunday I will be shooting a hardcore scene for the site. I'm kind of nervous about it because the male talent is going to be shooting it. Unfortunately he doesn't have any experience shooting so I have absolutely no idea how it is going to turn out. I am thinking I will probably make it a candid video update for a couple reasons (one being that we don't have a professional camera so we can't take pictures for the coverpage). I think that as long as the video isn't shaky and the lighting isn't too dark I will be happy.