View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 07:17 AM   #21
STAR
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle_ftv View Post
The bdsm shoot was about 5 or 6 hours long. It was shot in a dungeon that was 95 degrees or more. James was in leather pants, leather boots, a very heavy shirt and jacket...he did not have it easy by any means and if anything I think he performed incredibly well. Again we had never shot anything like it before...we had never shot in the dungeon. Trying to figure out the lighting and sound was a pain in the butt. We had to move the lights around about 6 or 7 times which is a huge pain in the butt (as anyone photographer will know). To be honest because we were moving around so much and I had to focus on the camera and positioning I wasn't able to get into "sub space" fully. That doesn't mean that I wasn't into it. I was...I very much enjoyed myself and was very pleased with the end result (well other than the fact that there wasn't a "pop shot"). I think it could have turned out way different if we didn't have to constantly stop, move the equipment, take pictures, etc. It would have been more organic and I of course I would have been able to get in "sub space" and would have been able to completely and utterly lose myself in the session. For the stuff we wanted to shoot (the flogging, bondage, different areas, etc.) it just wasn't possible though.

There is no pleasing everyone (which I realized quite a while ago). The shoot was either too hard or too soft for people. Of course some people aren't going to like the fact that there is a guy in the shoot.

I really hope none of you are upset by these comments. They aren't towards anyone in specific...I just wanted to clear some things up.
Great comments, Danielle. Sheds light on what it was like behind the scenes.

You guys poured your hearts, skills and talents into this and it shows. I am amazed and surprised you and James had to move equipment, direct, perform, tend to sound, manage background preparations, space, scheduling, costuming & props, editing *and...etc... and still deliver with a classy product. Absolutely astounding.

I would like to retract the negative comments I made about James. My respect and admiration for him has gone up after re-viewing the piece. What I wrote before seems unfair now.

Bukowski:

"Any a*****e can chase a skirt, art takes discipline."

"American women drove hard bargains and they ended up looking the worst for it. The few natural American women left were mostly in Texas and Louisiana."

"But now and then, a woman walks up, full blossom, a woman just bursting out of her dress…a sex creature, a curse, the end of it all."

"I have been treated better than I should have been---not by life in general nor by the machinery of things but by women."

"Anything is a waste of time unless you are f***ing well or creating well or getting well or looming toward a kind of phantom-love-happiness."

Last edited by STAR; 12-07-2011 at 07:55 AM.
STAR is offline   Reply With Quote