View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #102
danielle_ftv
Administrator

Jan. 26, 2010
Okay what a bad time for the website to start screwing up on me. For whatever reason I can't seem to upload HTML pages onto the website...and unfortunately Rob is in Hawaii for a dental conference and won't be back until Friday or Saturday.

BTW I am totally dropping my philosophy of sexuality class. I am just not into philosophy at all. The whole time it just felt like we were talking ourselves around in circles. I guess I'm a very black and white person. I like things to be...definite. Other than that class, all my other classes have been going really well. I love my English class. The teacher is awesome and the past two classes I've had a blast in. My math class is...interesting. The teacher is this really cool hippy like man that loves Google.

My fencing class is going to be fun, but it's also going to be pretty difficult too. I only have that class once a week but it's for like two hours. Yesterday during the fencing class we were learning advances, retreats, and lunges. For whatever reason I was having a difficult time doing the lunges. First off I kept my arms pretty straight ahead of me to begin with so he would say "extend" and my arm would already be extended. Then he would say "lunge" and I would lunge but my front foot wouldn't step foward some of the time. Another one of my problems is that I naturally seem to drag my feet during the movements so it would kind of mess me up on my retreats. We are using the foil (one of the three swords you use in fencing). The teacher showed us all the swords and told us about each of them. Personally I think I would be better at the sabre which they use with cutting/slashing type motions.

This weekend I am going to Big Bear to go snowboarding. I think I will probably take a lesson the first day (since I'm only been snowboarding once when I was like 15 years old.) As usual I started feeling sick last night (I really do get sick everytime something exciting happens to me.) It's only a sore throat though so I think I can kick it before Big Bear.