Thread: Favorite Music
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 07:19 PM   #39
the Dutch mountains
Dreaming of Danielle

I have a very wide musical taste. I like pretty much any music that is not made purely to make money. Music that was made purely for the money is usually easy to recognize, because all their tracks sound like they come from a template. And I don't like artists who have other people writing the lyrics and music. If it's not by your own hands, I's less genuine.

I like artists who try to take things to the next level. That sometimes means that you lose fans, or sell less records, but so be it. Artists like Recoil, Massive Attack, Muse, Korn, they have their own little thing that keeps them unique.

Electronic music is a big pool as well. Here in the Netherlands, Electronic music, especially the harder styles like hardcore, darkcore and industial hardcore are still a big thing, and some artists also try to take it to the next level, even though most people think it shouldn't even be called music. This created a whole new generation of music, which is a bit like abstract painting, you either love it or hate it. I personally love most of it. ( If you have no idea what this sounds like, I can post some links to samples )

If you want to know what I listen, have a look at my iTunes library:

http://www.antisound.nl/Musica/ ( warning: 2 MB )
the Dutch mountains is offline   Reply With Quote