View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 09:52 PM   #1
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Default Pets: Favourite Breeds, Favourite Pets, &c.

Here's a thread for folks to come and talk about their pets--could be a pet they have now, could be a pet they had when a kid, whatever, be it dog, cat, bird, fish, horse, llama, peacock, ostrich, cattle, and so on.

I've had a few dogs in my time--a giant schnauzer, a couple poodles (standard & miniature), a Scottie. I've had or taken care of a trio of lovebirds and a pair of parakeets/budgies & a conure. Right now I'm taking care of a dwarf Netherlands blue rabbit (I've been taking care of her, incidentally, since 2001 or 2002 when she was old enough for adoption). But of all those animals, the thing that was maybe the more unique was my aquarium. I started working at pet shops when I was 13 and soon thereafter bought my first 15-gallon. By the time I closed things down in 2003, I'd worked my way up to a 100-gallon plexi tank. That, I have to say, was absolutely fun. At various times I kept an oscar named Oscar (duh) that I raised from just 2" to 13" when he died, a plecostimus that started off at 3" and got to 18" when he died, and a black pacu that I brought home at 3" and finally had to take back to the fish store when he got to 16" (and was still growing). I had a passion for Amazon fish, especially the cichlids, catfish (I love hoplos, BTW), and silver dollars (red-hooks, plain Metynnis, &c.--I suppose you could even put the pacu in there, too, along with piranhas since they're all related species).
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote