View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 02:25 AM   #5
RonTheLogician
In Love with Danielle

Question A rose by any other name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle_ftv View Post
...Even though the word doesn't bother me you will rarely hear me use that term when shooting (or at all in my personal life)....
Well then, what is your favorite word for your collective down-there lady parts? I've always thought that "vulva" sounds so medical. (Apparently it is a cognate of "revolve," as in to enclose by rolling up.) But marketing mavens sure have gotten a lot of mileage out of the word. Two examples:

1. Many decades ago, an after-shave lotion for men called Aqua Velva was heavily advertised on US TV. One was told that its primary virtue was the effect (evidently romantic) which it had on women, as related in the video ad here. No one should think that its resemblance to the phrase Aqua (i.e. wet) Vulva was an accident!

2. In the same era a famous print ad showed a water skier being towed (at roughly waist height) by an automobile running along the adjacent shoreline. The caption simply read: This woman is being towed by her Volvo.

I'll leave the final word to pioneer jilling evangelist Dr. Betty Dodson and her latter-day associate, Carlin Ross, Esq. in the video here.

The vagina is not the vulva, but I could find no chart for "vulva"!

RonTheLogician is offline   Reply With Quote