View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 05:13 PM   #24
Anoree

Quote:
Originally Posted by e83sOHpFYv View Post
I've been on the phone with my isp everyday since this started on the 27th. My signals to them are fine as some of my speed tests show. They keep saying "as far as we know there are no problems". Well I've got a problem! lol

As far as trying to download anything, not a chance. I can barely get the forum to open up.

You were right about Danielle's expressions on that first interview. Now that I know what she was saying I could read her lips and get most of it. Thanks again for all your trouble.

Knowing how the internet bounces around all over, still being only about 350 road miles from Phoenix and not being able to get the site open is extremely frustrating.
There might be some holes or slow lines in the web at any time. Normally the routing protocols should detect that and reroute the trafic. (Your data might be faster going via canada or mexico. )

Currently I'm downloading Danielle's latest video at 3 MBit/s, which is as fast as possible with my connection. There are occasional dropdowns with the speed, but overall pretty stable.
I'm coming in from the east, though, not being routed through the whole US.
I'll search for a big file on the west coast and report in a while ...

Searching for the answer to your question was fun, even when it was a bit frustrating, knowing I had seen it somewhere, but not being able to pin it down. You're welcome.

Edit:
Uh, I got called away ...
I found a large file in California, a Linux CD. Nice and steady 3 MBit/s download. If there has been a problem, I can't find it.

Last edited by Anoree; 08-31-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Anoree is offline   Reply With Quote