View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #127
Anoree

Default D117, 05-02-09: To The_Dutch_Mountains

"Hey The_Dutch_Mountains

I read your question on the question thread and you were asking me if I have ever had or if I still do have problems with my self-esteem.

Yes, I’d definitely have problems when I was younger. I’m not going to lie. I still do have problems with my self-esteem. You know, when I was younger, I didn’t have many friends and I didn’t really know where I fit in. You know, I wasn’t really a nerd but I wasn’t really popular. I mean I didn’t have a place. And, plus, I mean, people are really, really mean when they’re that age. I got picked on a lot and called just unbelievably mean names. I mean I was considered a “slut” because I had big boobs. I didn’t really understand that. But, yeah, I don’t know. Kids are mean at that age.

I think I still do have problems with my self-esteem. I’m definitely, in this business and this industry and in the modeling industry you’re always going to have problems, because everybody is going to be nitpicking and saying, you know, you’re too fat to be doing this, you’re not pretty enough to be doing that. You’re always worried about your weight and your looks and how people are going to perceive you. I mean that’s what this business is all about, it’s about looks. So I think you just have to be strong and realize that you’re worthy and beautiful and, you know, it took me a long time to realize that, but I definitely realize that now. And you know what? Surprisingly this website and being in this business, I think it helped me realize that, and it has helped me, I guess, realize my potential. And so it’s a blessing in disguise, that’s for sure.

I hope that answered your question.

Bye"