View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 01:00 PM   #2
Anoree

Unfortunately, I see a couple of problems ahead if Danielle were to publish videos with soundtracks.

For one, good videos with soundtrack have a different style to them than "pure" ones. Apart from the difficult task to select an appropriate music theme, the video itself would need to get cut to the rhythm of the song. This can be done relatively easy if you use small snippets of different videos like I've done on my tribute videos (which I should pick up on creating), but is a huge challenge on videos the length Danielle creates. I'm sure Danielle could produce these videos in high quality, but it would be a long tedious process.

Another big part is Copyright Infringement. If you choose popular music as background to a video, you have to keep that in mind. It might be free for private / non-commercial use under special circumstances, but with commercial videos I'm sure you'll have the music industry on your back pretty fast if you don't license the soundtrack for distribution.
I used a couple of older songs for my free tribute videos to stay out of trouble, if possible. I didn't get problems (yet), but in some countries (especially Germany, where I live) the videos aren't available on YouTube anymore, just because of the music.

Last but not least, a big appeal of Danielle's videos (or FTV Girls' for that matter) for me is that I hear the genuine reaction or interaction. With a soundtrack playing, I see that getting lost. Dancing videos exempt, of course.

Other than that, I'd buy any and all videos Danielle appears in and I can get a hand on.
Anoree is offline   Reply With Quote