View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 04:00 PM   #28
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Go to the doctor. If you have insurance, go to the doctor. If you've had anything serious in your past, go to the doctor. If you've been feeling out of sorts and don't know why, but its been going on for more than a couple weeks, go to the doctor. There are some things you can walk off, and then there are some things you can't. To be perfectly honest, I am always happy when I come back from the doctor and nothing new has gone wrong; and I wish I'd listened to my body earlier, or had medical coverage to go to the doctor before things went so haywire, so go to the doctor. And when you go there, tell her/him (mine's a her), "Dammit Jim, I'm a model, not a doctor!" in your best, gruffest DeForest Kelley voice.

Have you checked other places for that nursery set? I noticed a couple years ago when in a similar situation they were out of stock right after Thanksgiving, but got my name on a list to be notified as soon as the item was available, even before it was going to be back in the store. I got that by going to the manufacturer's website, and then ordered directly from them (same price as in the store--manufacturer's suggested retail price, dig?). The item arrived literally a day or two before Christmas, so it was perfect, although I was checking my blood pressure more frequently as the time got shorter!

And wicked cool for you going for such a nice, long walk! When I was in my early teens, I sued to go on the Volksmarch (I think that's what they're called) at the USAF Academy. Those were great long walks around the grounds of the Academy, with plenty of brauts & Lowenbrau after (not that I got any of the Brau--alright, you twisted my arm, I got some "snuck" to me--but I do love a good braut with lots of Deutchlander mustard). I love going for walks, personally, especially in the country, bounding up and down hills and so on, but for now I'm basically stuck to the sidewalks and so on. I did go for a 1 1/2 mile walk yesterday, to & from the supermarket pushing a stroller filled with fruits, veggies and meats. Use 'em or lose 'em, you know--gotta keep those legs working, heart pumping ans do on ...(shrugging my shoulders here because I'm not sure how to end--anyone got a cow to drop, or can I just jump the shark? Right, both, wicked cool! )
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote