View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 01:33 AM   #820
tigger
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband

Well I got home Monday afternoon and went over to check on my truck and the guy didn't even have the motor back in it yet and he went out of town. So I called a tow truck and called a friend of mine and asked if he could get my trailer and help me get all the parts over to my house. so the tow truck showed up and my friend right behind it with my trailer. so everything for to my house. and I started laying things out to go back together and my friend shows back up with his tools and a Cherie picker and looks at me and said lets get this baby back on the road! So we went to work . went to put the trans back in and the plug for the shift solenoid was wrong. so I took the one out of my old one and put in it till could get a new one ( 2 weeks on back order) got the motor in and we were under the truck fighting to get the trans lined up and pouncer crawled under the truck. wtf Amanda came out to see how we were doing and pouncer got out and ran right up under the truck with us before she could grab him. so he supervised for a bit till Sarah came out and got him and got him back in the house. so we got every thing back together and it wouldn't start. That dumb a$$ had put the distributer in 180 out. so after fixing that we got it started and the timing set and we had the wrong output seal for the transfer case. So Sarah ran to the parts store and got the one we needed , got the drive lines back in and took it for a ride and the trans is not shifting right the part i took out of mine to get it together was not wanting to shift right and wont have the new one before i go on vac. I was sitting there a little pissed and my buddy said just take my truck to camp and you can get yours fixed when the parts come in. You relay see who your friends are in times like this! So the 12th of this month i will be using his truck to take the boys to camp because mine wont be fixed by then. I have a Brand new motor and a new trans and a part that is going to run about $300 is holding everything up. Oh well!!!!!!!!!! We had a cookout tonight and invited his family over to say thanks for the help. And his son had a blast running around with Pouncer. So 6 weeks ago i took my truck to a guy to get the motor and trsns changed to the new ones and all he managed to do is brake things and take everything apart. My friend and i got more done in a day than he did in 6 weeks! and he called me up today and said i see you got your truck and then had the nerve to ask me to pay him for the job! I already gave him $400 and we agreed on $500 for the hole job and he wants more money and he didn't do anything but take the old motor out and break my new water pump, alternator. Causing me another $270 to replace them. And he wants more money, the only thing he will get is a boot up his a$$.