View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 05:27 PM   #19
Enigma
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoree View Post
I think that would only delay the spam posts. We see some banned users continuously trying to post to the forum for months now.

We're working on a solution to keep them out of the forum. I don't want to get into details of that openly, though.
trust me, there are a lot of things that can be done on this forum to help stop the spam, and none of it is being done.

and every thing you can think of there is a way to get round it, so talking about it on the forum wont really stop them.

1. To post on this site you have to register.
2. Activated email verification
3. Activate Image Verification
4. Banned 'free' email domains many spammers use
5. To post they have to type in the image verification image.

And there are mant more things that canbe done , as this forum is very easy to spam, this forum will be on a list of easy forums, the spammers will first come to the place that they can spam the fastest, this makes sence as they get paied per click, the mre time it takes them to spam, the less they will want to come here and do it.

Then there are the spam bots, that no matter what you do they will still spam,

The idea is not to stop them all as this will never happen, but the idea is to slow them down, make it as hard for them to spam as possible, while still being user friendly.

This can be done by adding extra security to the forum, and the harder you make it, you'll then come of the "List" as an easy spam target, thus getting less spam coming in.

Last edited by Enigma; 01-14-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote