View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 04:50 AM   #132
CalaverX11
Dreaming of Danielle

My cat, Arthur Dent.

He's a tabby mix, found in a dumpster by the shelter I picked him up at. I got him when he was a kitten, about 6 months or so old, back in January of 2008. He's about 3 now, fully grown, and annoying the sh*t out of me. But it's okay, because I love him.

I've been a cat lover my whole life, because my first memories with animals are with cats. I love dogs, too, but I've never actually owned or cared for one myself. In general I love all animals (including the ones I eat), and it seems like animals love me; every dog or cat or other domesticated animal I've ever met and spent more than five minutes with seemed to get on with me right away. The common response is usually "Wow, Soandso really likes you! He/she/it isn't usually friendly to strangers!"

Must be because I look like an ape or caveman or something. Animals are like "Oh he's cool, he's one of us."

Edit: He was named by the shelter. I saw this little orange flash zipping back and forth and knocking the other kittens silly, and I asked, "Who's that?"

"Oh, that's Arthur Dent."

"Sold."

Last edited by CalaverX11; 10-15-2010 at 04:52 AM.
CalaverX11 is offline   Reply With Quote