View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 04:15 AM   #9
danielle_ftv
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Jazz View Post
Wow, you are certainly full of surprises. I would have thought the poem may have elicited such a response, but a long-winded letter/story - are you sure you weren't tearing up from exhaustion from reading all of that? (I actually had to split the post into 2 parts - I broke the 10,000 letter forum limit with this post, lol)

I just thought you may have wanted to hear of someone putting in a little effort, not just to impress you, but to bring a little joy to your heart (and who doesn't need that every now and then?).

Besides, I thought it was better than the other option:

Hey, I just found you
and this is crazy
but here's a poem
so read it, maybe?

BTW, in the months since I've had that poem written, the words have also become lyrics to a song I wrote for them. Maybe someday if I'm brave enough, I'll post it here (or somewhere) for to you to hear. (Note: It'll probably take a lot of Cabernet for me to press Enter, though. Just sayin'.)

I am truly honored by your response, may old Irish blessings come your way.

Rich Hamilton
A little liquid courage? I can understand that haha. I think the poem being made into a song would be incredible and beautiful as well. And yes...I did get teary eyed. I like to think that I am very in touch with my emotions and also have no problem showing them.