View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 03:54 AM   #828
RonTheLogician
In Love with Danielle

Cool Trying to learn the real dope about show business

Hey Dani,

I know you've been in the entertainment business for the better part of a decade now and it has brought you many rewards. But showbiz is ever less a predictable way to earn a living and one should never forgo learning about hard-to-access knowledge on how to succeed.

As someone outside of showbiz, I've been impressed by a free audio podcast series which might prove helpful to you in sustaining and expanding your career. It comes from Riki, the blonde one of the two partners who make up the edgy musical comedy team of Garfunkel and Oates, whose work I have linked to several times in your forum. Before G&O's stunning success all the way to the top of the iTunes comedy sales list, Riki began her LA career as an actress, which vocation she continues to follow with notable consistent (albeit low-profile) success. Each of her podcasts consists of an hour-long interview with a successful entertainment professional, during which she explores the ups and downs of their career with the explicit aim of discovering and publishing the secrets of success in today's showbiz industries.

Find Riki's wonderful podcasts on the page here. I'd start by pointing you at the podcast with her G&O partner Kate here.

Perhaps one day they'll be a similar podcast series peculiar to the adult industry. Who knows? Maybe you'll be the one to conduct it! Until then, I think you'll be very impressed by what Riki's series has to offer, particularly if most of your intercourse with folks in your industry is of a commercial, and hence at least partially adverse-interest, nature. Why not give it a try?

Best wishes for future success.

RonTheLogician is offline   Reply With Quote