View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 04:18 AM   #8
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugo View Post
I am deeply agree GeoLarson of your good reason explained according to your good nature of reasoning of your heart and brain, and in front of the life that we live.
Also I would like to know facts and misdeeds of their life that live with what they do and they work, and they also have their private lives of every day, as of Rob, Danielle, Lia, would have been beautiful also that of Alison (I believe that she is very intelligent), and others.
There is a symbolic aspect of the our life: the normal ones that they live in the daily silence and the famous ones of what is to see and to feel (web, TV, Cinema, radio, sports, etc. ). And the thing most important it is that we want to know what they do and they say from those some known popularity (more or less famous). As a form of curiosity to be compared with the famous.
Liberty there is in our sick world, but the man is jealous. Because wants to have the power to his way of understanding and to reason. With or without the true love. It depends.
Cheers, Ugo, Rob and yes, you too, Danielle. I have no idea if Rob is a dork, but every guy out there (barring some freak accident) does have a dork

I spend a lot of time philosophizing. I'm not very disciplined at it (sorry Dr. Alderman, wherever you are; I shoulda listened--showed up--more in class). I have a lot of time on my hands, and a lot of things to work on. I spend a lot of time reflecting on my life, and a lot of time looking to my nieces' futures. The one thing that I guess describes me best is a desire to find balance. I don't belong to organized religion, I don't belong to a political party. I've seen wealthy people who are miserable, and poor people who are happy. I've also seen miserable poor people and happy wealthy people, so what does that tell ya? Probably not much more than people see things differently. It depends on your priorities, I guess, and those are set in part by your basic needs (food, shelter, clothing, love) and then the added luxuries. For me, FTV is a luxury and one which I finally decided to give myself. I don't know what I'll do next year, but chances are I'll give something back to others who are less fortunate than I. There's a balance between what I need, what I want and what someone else needs or wants that has to be accounted for. I can't help but believe that somehow Newton's laws apply to personal relationships. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. I have a friend at MySpace, an adult film director & performer, who had until recently a quote from Bertrand Russell that went something like "all that we can know comes from reason." It was something like that, akin to Rob's thesis. I do agree with that in many respects. I do not know what God is, or might be, but I do not hold the orthodox view of God as a single sentient being; rather, once upon a time in one of my classes or in something I read, there was something about a sub-atomic harmony that runs through every single thing in the universe. Its there in me, in you, in this keyboard, in your dinner plate ...everywhere, everything, all the time ...humming at the same rate. Is that deep down thing, whatever it is, whatever causes it (I think it was the residue of the Big Bang) is that "God". Its in all of us, permeates our planet, sun, galaxy and so on--is there something way down deep that might actually tie us together? Is that the "God particle" the Hadron collector is supposed to look for, the thing that gives us mass and makes us real? I don't know. That there apparently is something there, though, is what matters to me. I think, whatever that is, is what gives law and structure to physical nature, and I suspect that its something that we unwittingly bring to our interpersonal relationships, maybe. Truth is, I don't know. I don't know a lot of things. I'll doubt that I'll ever know the answers to those core questions that drive people nuts. I, myself, gave up my driver's license years back, so I'm not driving anyone anywhere . One thing I do find funny, smart, astonishing and wicked cool is that here we are, at this site dedicated to a lovely gentlewoman talking about this sort of thing in the first place. Yep, the universe is a bit off-kilter. I knew it!
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote