View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 11:57 AM   #2227
Anoree

Quote:
Originally Posted by evrygi View Post
Hi I'm every guy and I'm in contact with somebody who I think is pretending to be you. Has that happened to you before?
May I answer?

Unfortunately you're not the only one who gets contacted by someone using Danielle's pictures. The photos are out there on the Internet and Danielle can't do much to stop the crooks from stealing and misusing them for scams.

We can only repeat not to give money to people you haven't spoken personally with - and just phone calls with email picture exchange don't count. Live video calls might.

Especially "popular" are scams where someone pretending to be Danielle (or any other name with her picture) is supposedly stuck in Africa, needing money for a ticket back home to the states. It's kind of an own industry, scamming Internet users for money, gifts or flight tickets, using false identities.
As most of these frauds originate in ... developing countries (i.e. Africa), neither US nor European jurisdiction can reach the criminals effectively.

By the way, Danielle isn't the only model who's pictures are abused for scams. Others you might now are Lia and Alison, but it can happen to anyone with beautiful pictures out on the Internet.
Anoree is offline   Reply With Quote