View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 05:47 AM   #2155
RonTheLogician
In Love with Danielle

Cool Safer Internet surfing and masturbation danger accomodations <G>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoree View Post
Umm, Ron, the video link above tries to get me to download ("update") some unknown video player - no, no.
There are safe ways to access even "invasive" Internet content. As an IT pro, I expect you know this, but I will go on for the benefit of more naive readers.

For at least a decade, I have told naive people that digital devices like PCs are now so cheap, it is not unreasonable for average people to own redundant hardware, even whole system units.

Since the primary injection vector for malware has become the Internet, one should keep one's most secure unit unconnected to it. That gets rid of issues like security updates (which can break mission-critical apps!), zero-day exploits and configuration errors. It does not protect one from clandestinely malicious or defective software you install manually from physical distribution media, which might one day erase your data or maybe just encrypt it and solicit payment for the decryption code. You protect yourself from this and issues like lightning, fires, and theft by doing regular data back-ups.

If you want to do secure online transactions, use another machine with a minimal amount of (security-flaw-patched) apps, and no storage of IRRELEVANT sensitive data. To a certain degree, you can use read-only mass storage to make your installed software more resiliant to attacks, although obviously once the code sits in process RAM it is potentially subject to corruption.

Finally, for simply viewing (and possibly downloading) the very most "dangerous" Internet content, use another machine with no storage of ANY sensitive data. Who cares if a Trojan Horse like a keystroke logger or stored data exporter gets implanted? To obviate long-term use of your machine as a zombie for stuff like the storage or relaying of illicit data, you just re-image your hard disk now and then - even every boot, if you like. (e.g. You can boot from a Linux "Live CD/DVD.") You need a disk image to guard against a hard disk crash and the like anyway.

To save money, you might share a system unit for multiple types of use outlined above and simply switch hard disks and the completion of a wired network connection with mechanically activated electrical switches. By the way, I use machines that require me to flip a mechanical switch to make the BIOS rewritable; yup, there is malware that tries to rewrite the BIOS.

Quote:
I chose the GoPro simply because Danielle had it on her Amazon Wishlist. I should have known better and dig a bit into the product before purchasing it...
Well, sooner or later we upgrade nearly everything anyway. And one advantage of buying old stuff (e.g. used automobiles) is that we can benefit from the experience of others in dealing with unpatchable problems unknown when the stuff was new.

Quote:
The internal shots of the orgasm would require a VERY small camera (or an endoscope), lighting and I think some air trapped in the "vajayjay" to clear the view area, for example.
Actually, I think fiber optic technology, which today gives us multi-gigbit trans-oceanic communication lines, got started as coherent bundles,for doing just the type of medical imaging you mention. As for film-making erotica, personally, I would "cheat" and license stock footage if I could! And remember that in the teen film classic Fast Times at Ridgemont High, when naive Jennifer Jason Leigh asked "worldly" Phoebe Cates how much semen was ejaculated upon human orgasm, the latter said "about a quart," LOL! I'd say its about time we used modern FX to inject a gallon of semen into a cooch and watch the excess shoot out of the recipient's ears! Hmmm... I wonder if that's this "aural" sex I keep hearing about....

Quote:
One other point for future shoots that came to my mind is 3D shooting. (I admit it came to my mind again after my recent purchase of a 3D TV
A nice suggestion. In the long run, I expect that more Web cam shows will also offer 3D. Sadly for manufacturers, the hopes raised by the success of the film Avatar did not result in the massive 3D display sales for which they had hoped.

When I was a young man, stereoscopic imaging was a minor research interest of mine. The human visual system (HVS) uses MULTIPLE methods to extract a 3D estimation of what it sees, and this can lead to physical distress during lengthy use if an artificial system does not make ALL methods produce very similar results. A true "holographic" (or bulky "volumetric") system does this, because it replicates the electromagnetc fields properly. With your flat-panel display, vergence and accomodation will tell your brain all points lie on the surface of the panel, while the binocular image disparity which the programming delivers will tell it something else.

You can already take two or more frames from Dani's EXISTING video works to create short-interval clips which you repeatedly run backwards and forwards, which can manifest "wiggle" stereoscopy even a person with only one eye can enjoy. This is important because everyone knows masturbation makes you go blind by making your eyes fall out, albeit only one at a time. (See discussions of one-quart ejacualtions fo more details, LOL!) The Wikipedia article at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiggle_stereoscopy now includes several wiggle stereoscopy examples.
RonTheLogician is offline   Reply With Quote