View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 06:22 PM   #570
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasdrake View Post
I seen them alot..or should say don't see them. I'm on the road to work at 5AM and I can't count the times I'll be driving down the road and seen something dark moving donw the street.Turns out to be a cyclist wearing dark clothing and no light or anyhthing to reflect light.Lucky for me they were on the other side of the road most of the times.The few times they were on my side I was able to catch part of them under the street lights.
I'm sure you would agree it can be just as frightening for drivers. Always on the lookout for almost invisible cyclists or pedestrians in dark clothing at night. I recently hit a cyclist and wouldn't want to through that again, luckly she wasn't hurt. In my area there is certainly a lack of street lighting nowadays anyway and to make it worse most areas here have changed the streetlights to lower energy lights, which give out far less light obviously to cut the cost of electricity they use. I have heard their to also cut down on lightglare, but i think that may be an excuse. Now a few lights on some roads here are just barely a glow, which in my opinion doesn't help anyone.