View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 07:30 PM   #139
danielle_ftv
Administrator

Dec. 8, 2010
If you haven't noticed I had to reschedule the webcam show to next week. Not sure what I was thinking since this is finals week and I need to be studying super hard. Kind of freaked out right now about finals to be honest. I always get like this before tests...were I feel like I haven't prepared myself enough or I feel super busy and/or rushed. I also wish that finals didn't have to be during the month of December when everything seems so hectic anyways.

Quite a few of my friends go to the Conservatory here in Tempe (it's the best school in the country for recording arts). So a couple nights this week I've gotten to hang around the studios there and watch my friends record various things (one night it was electronic music, another night it was a folksy sounding song). It's pretty interesting seeing how they go about recording music. It's a ton of work and honestly seems kind of tedious.

Tonight I do plan on going out just for a while since I haven't really gotten to hang out with all of my friends in what seems like a long time (I haven't seen Dallas in a couple weeks now I think). I'm pretty excited too because one of my favorite dj's (Skrillex) is playing tonight at 910. This will be the first time I've ever seen him live. I think he is pretty new to the electronic scene and his music is incredibly different than most of the electronic music out there. Actually to be honest I can't even really figure out what subgenre he would fit into (something like electro probably).

You guys would be so proud of me. I've been eating super healthy lately and haven't really eaten out too much (though I did cave last night after the recording session and had Waffle House with my friends). My fridge is stocked with healthy, mostly organic food. There is pretty much no starch or sugar in my kitchen. And I've been finally really learning to cook. I bought three awesome cookbooks that teach me how to cook low cal, low fat meals and snacks. I also planned out my weeks meals in advanced (that is something my mom does too). It's fun cooking meals...surprisingly I haven't really messed anything up. The cleanup afterwards is a pain in the butt especially since I seem to have to get every dish dirty. My one concern though is that with all the food that is in the fridge (mostly produce) I think that it will probably go bad before I can eat it all. Unfortunately the produce that I am buying is pretty expensive since it is all organic.

Last edited by danielle_ftv; 12-08-2010 at 07:38 PM.